Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 607 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CommunityCoin (COMM) | Pure PoS | Original COMM MultiPools Coming Soon  (Read 523781 times)
Adriano
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1285
Merit: 1085

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:46:38 PM

what is multipool and how does it help the coin :?

People with a very small stake compared to big stakeholders will hardly have any chance to mint more coins. In a multipool these people add all their coins together so that their total amount on coins would be larger and their chance to mint would be bigger as well.

No, it's a multipool like hashcows, wafflepool. You mine other altcoins
and then using the btc generated purchase CommunityCoin.

For a PoS coin like COMM it gives you regular buy pressure.

Does any of the exchanges where COMM is being traded offer API for trade ? If so, instead of developing a multipool we could only setup an address to receive the BTC generated on other multipools and configure a bot to buy the COMM whenever some BTC is received. This way each user willing to use the multipool point his mining equipment to one of the already existing multipools and configure the withdraw address to bot's one. We would need to have one different BTC address to each user, in order to share the COMM bought proportionally.

If I'm missing the point please let me know.

Adriano

The coin is on bittrex which does have a trade api. But not looked
at it in detail. Mintpal which everyone is voting to get listed on
doesn't currently have one. Although I think they are testing a
new api update in private beta.

https://bittrex.com/Home/Api

FairCoin is using a stratum proxy to use wafflepool, so if something
like could be setup. Would that be easy than a api bot?

http://fair-coin.info/multipool

I did send a message to hashcows, who replied and said would take
a look at the coin. But not heard back yet, they added an option
for MintCoin payouts. Which is what I asked, if they would add the
same option for COMM.

Sorry for taking so long to reply...  I ended up missing your answer.

I just checked and it is easy to do the same as faircoin is doing. I would even suggest someone to compare wafflepool and wemineall because of the fees wafflepool charges (at wemineall you can donate whatever % you want)

I couldn't figure out how they trade de coins with the bitcoins generated... I think they do it manually and not so often. If I'm wrong someone please explain it to me.

Regards,

Adriano

--

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:40:08 AM

@Adriano.

Feedback about the faucet:

People will walk away if they do not know when exactly they can come back for more. All they get is the message
'GREEDY! Wait longer then try again later.'
They'll get frustrated if they try a couple more times too quick, not knowing when to come back.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:00:07 AM

wonderful concept

Smiley
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:12:03 AM

4225 Votes & counting, keep voting Community Smiley
ouchmefoot

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:26:08 AM

Voted 10+ times. Climbing slowly but 78 coins still ahead of us :/ Need to be in it for the long haul

PostCoin:PYrnF6rLzvERtS73rRc76fpP4QCKP2WJS4
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 01:28:04 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 01:51:37 AM by djm34

what is multipool and how does it help the coin :?

People with a very small stake compared to big stakeholders will hardly have any chance to mint more coins. In a multipool these people add all their coins together so that their total amount on coins would be larger and their chance to mint would be bigger as well.

No, it's a multipool like hashcows, wafflepool. You mine other altcoins
and then using the btc generated purchase CommunityCoin.

For a PoS coin like COMM it gives you regular buy pressure.

Does any of the exchanges where COMM is being traded offer API for trade ? If so, instead of developing a multipool we could only setup an address to receive the BTC generated on other multipools and configure a bot to buy the COMM whenever some BTC is received. This way each user willing to use the multipool point his mining equipment to one of the already existing multipools and configure the withdraw address to bot's one. We would need to have one different BTC address to each user, in order to share the COMM bought proportionally.

If I'm missing the point please let me know.

Adriano

The coin is on bittrex which does have a trade api. But not looked
at it in detail. Mintpal which everyone is voting to get listed on
doesn't currently have one. Although I think they are testing a
new api update in private beta.

https://bittrex.com/Home/Api

FairCoin is using a stratum proxy to use wafflepool, so if something
like could be setup. Would that be easy than a api bot?

http://fair-coin.info/multipool

I did send a message to hashcows, who replied and said would take
a look at the coin. But not heard back yet, they added an option
for MintCoin payouts. Which is what I asked, if they would add the
same option for COMM.

Sorry for taking so long to reply...  I ended up missing your answer.

I just checked and it is easy to do the same as faircoin is doing. I would even suggest someone to compare wafflepool and wemineall because of the fees wafflepool charges (at wemineall you can donate whatever % you want)

I couldn't figure out how they trade de coins with the bitcoins generated... I think they do it manually and not so often. If I'm wrong someone please explain it to me.

Regards,

Adriano
Anybody knows about blackpool (http://blackcoinpool.com/ scrypt+sha256 mining for BC no registration) ?
That could be an interesting concept too. (more or less the same as fairpool, but doesn't seem to depend from a big multipool)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
newtypeseed

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:28:37 AM

Come on.

Vote on mintpal!!!
newtypeseed

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:37:04 AM

friendly reminder,
Dumping comm and encourage others to do so (at delivery stage)  and asking people to use exchanges (so kill community spirit) it or using more than one account to request comm or attacking the comm coin is not helping anyone. That's why we have blacklist and group discipline. As a dev i am part of this group and just abiding these simple rules.

Yes, we should have strict group discipline. We do not need cheater or free rider.
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:47:54 AM

@Adriano.

People will walk away if they do not know when exactly they can come back for more. All they get is the message
They'll get frustrated if they try a couple more times too quick, not knowing when to come back.

I see you've changed it, but I think you forgot to add '60 min' after 'come back in'
It only says
'Don't be so Greedy! Please come back in for a new request.'
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:08:51 AM

i will attempt to answer your questions as you seem too used to NXT.
This is a 1st gen POS coin, not like NXT where staking is used for transaction fees.
1a. it is like interest but is not because it is not calculated at a fixed rate.
2a. you do NOT need to keep your wallet open, but opening it is the only way to get your stake after you have waited for it.
3a. the amount you receive will vary depending on many factors, the most important ones being coin age and amount of coins.
4a. you will definitely gain more coins per stake with more coins.

1b. ok, call it whatever you want. other people wont.
2b. that is not how POS coins work.
3b. again, you do not need to keep your wallet open all the time.
4b. this isnt NXT and you are not staking for transaction fees, you are generating NEW coins.

On the first page of this thread it clearly says that all 1 billion coins have already been created. You cannot create NEW coins in a POS network because they are already in existence, so where does this 'reward come from'? To my understanding is can only come from transaction fees.

What else would be your contribution if you don't keep your wallet open? keeping it open helps the whole community so therefor you get a reward. People who don't keep it open, don't get anything. I wonder how many people have tried this (and I'm not talking about the first transaction that you've received, because this one has to age first, with other words need to reach a certain amount of confirmations because it can start to mint).

By the way do you and others understand what 'interest' means? We should not glorify this term. Due to interest we are in a global economic mess. Interest is a great form of injustice (forbidden by world religions), introduced by zionist Jews to enslave humans. There are many forms of interest (don't know them all) but one of them is lending a needy person money and expecting more back, causing this person to get into more financial trouble. Or another one is to 'invest' money in a company and expect certain returns, even if the company makes losses. A fair way is to share profits as well as losses.
Interest through fiat currency is the reason why BTC gained more popularity (e.g. the banks robbing Greeks).
Of course you have also situations that involves interest but it is not called by it's proper name.

Why do you think you get a reward (or what you call interest). What is the purpose of this all?

Minting happens on chance, much like mining. (BTW your first stake was probably all 1 million coins the 2nd stake was probably much less, 250k?) There's no set time where you can expect to stake, and this is also why you will see variance on how much you get when you *do* stake. Basically your coins become eligible to stake after 24 hours, starting then, you begin to accumulate "weight" on that stack of coins, this is a number that keeps growing as time goes by *without* you being selected to stake, and as your weight increases, you become more likely to be included in a block for payment of stake. The amount you receive is adjusted based on the time you waited - so if you wait longer than average, you get a bigger stake than average. In some other PoS coin wallets, they have an extra icon in the bottom right next to the connections that shows you your weight and the network weight, and an ETA for next stake - unfortunately the COMM wallet does not have this feature, which would be a wonderful addition. (See BlackCoin's wallet for an example of what I mean.)

- You do need your wallet open and available to the network *to be able to stake* - you DO NOT need your wallet open and connected to *pass the 24 hours so coins will be eligible to stake*. So, when you first got your million, you could've left the wallet closed all day, and that stack of coins is still counting down it's 24 hour timer to be able to stake. BUT - to actually allow the coins to BE staked, they must be available to the network with an open, unlocked wallet.

- Reward varies based on weight and time it took to stake, but on average, yes, it is essentially the same per day. ON AVERAGE. People forget this is a system of average performance, do not stake for 1 or 2 days and decide you've got a good grasp on what average performance is. Judge it on a week, a month, etc. You'll see it pans out to expected performance over time, which is how everything in crypto works!

- Having more coins will increase the frequency of your stakes, but unless you have a really really small amount, the average stake gains over time will be the same. If you only have 100 COMM in a wallet though, the problem becomes you might need to wait 10 years to see performance average out, with a million, you have stakes happening so often that it averages out much quicker. It's all a game of chance and averages - if you're trying to stake 1 million out of a billion coins, that's one tenth of 1 percent of the entire network (0.1%) If you're staking 1,000 COMM, that's only 0.0001% of the network - and since blocks always grab a certain amount of coins, it just becomes a situation where your 1,000 COMM has much less chance of being grabbed than some in the 1 Mil stack. But in the end, both would stake the same percentage on average - it just will take the smaller stack a lot longer probably to see the averages work out.

Much of this confusion is because people do not actually read anything about Proof-of-Stake before investing in it. All of this information is the same for every PoS coin, and the specifications are available easily to understand how this works. They may have different time frames and percentages, but the mechanism is always the same. People are just lazy and comfortable being confused. Wink

Just a couple of questions:

- Where does the stake come from. Does it come from transaction fees? What exactly happens in the network?
- Can you please ellaborate on these statements 'But in the end, both would stake the same percentage on average ' and 'but on average, yes, it is essentially the same per day' and 'The amount you receive is adjusted based on the time you waited - so if you wait longer than average, you get a bigger stake than average'. Doesn't this depend on the block (how big or small the block is)?
- I that you have to wait for 24 hours is only for the very first transaction that you've received (1000000). This is also not the exact time, it can be more or less, because it's about the amount of confirmations. Thereafter you don't need to wait for another 24 hour (x amount of confirmations) because I've see someone's wallet who had minted 3 rimes within 1 hour.
- Also what should be addressed is the importance and the purpose for keeping the wallet open. It is not to earn reward in the first place but to help with transaction confirmations and therefore protect the network.
please listen to me, i am correct.
If you think that there are only still 1 billion coins then go to your wallet debug window and type in "getinfo"
at the time of my writing this there are
"moneysupply" : 1009064089.01426899 many coins.
which is 9 million more than you believe exist. so no, they do not come from transaction fees, again THIS IS NOT NXT.
Adriano
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1285
Merit: 1085

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:21:48 AM

@Adriano.

I see you've changed it, but I think you forgot to add '60 min' after 'come back in'
It only says
'Don't be so Greedy! Please come back in for a new request.'

You are fast! I was yet changing it... too many changes under the hood for this :-)

Anyway, it is ok now.

Adriano

--
doriangray

Activity: 567
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:05:19 AM

Just to remind everyone vote constantly every hour on Mintpal until we reach the top. Current vote #4270.  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RJ2013

Activity: 166

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:58:39 AM

Just to remind everyone vote constantly every hour on Mintpal until we reach the top. Current vote #4270.  Smiley

Why even hurry on voting, when your dev hasnt even published the public list?

The dev said only 75 stake left, but he first said after reaching the 500 stake holders he'll post a list.

where is the list? this is a big dump on the making the dev is keeping at least 100 Mil for his self and no1 is asking a damn thing because they think their 1 M coin are going to be worth something. Without transparency  its useless , i didnt receive my stake but i dont care much i just want to see the list.

+1 totally agree...bring out the list /100Mil is 10% of total no. coins, what a smart guy...dev you should be transparent and we will support this coin with or without stakes. 

doriangray

Activity: 567
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:21:35 AM

Just to remind everyone vote constantly every hour on Mintpal until we reach the top. Current vote #4270.  Smiley

Why even hurry on voting, when your dev hasnt even published the public list?

The dev said only 75 stake left, but he first said after reaching the 500 stake holders he'll post a list.

where is the list? this is a big dump on the making the dev is keeping at least 100 Mil for his self and no1 is asking a damn thing because they think their 1 M coin are going to be worth something. Without transparency  its useless , i didnt receive my stake but i dont care much i just want to see the list.

We're not on a hurry we just want to secure a good spot on Mintpal. And about the list I'm sure it will be publicly available once the distribution is over.

If you didn't received your stake there might be a good reason for it. Why not just contribute to the community instead of attacking COMM? Just put your COMM wallet on your signature and I'm sure there's a lot of good-hearted community members that will donate some coins to you if they sees your effort to help out.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
wqdqszj

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:35:08 AM

The dev has already noticed your contributions and you are now fully entitled for the second round of distribution.
You have proven to be a very active member, who would be very valuable for the future of this coin.

Now, Will you please stop spamming this thread or create a new thread if you cant stop yourself from posting this information.

If you keep spamming again, its against the spirit of the community, as many of the members have already annoyed with this,
and your name will be moved to the black list very soon  Shocked
Are you the dev?How do you know the dev has noticed my contribution and I m entitled?
a. I have said "300 votes" in ecoiner.org even if I wont get 1M comm. That's my contribution to the Comm. Now I just keep my words.
b. I think this will inspire other people to join in the voting.
c. OK, I will keep updating in this post and post the information every 50 votes
-----------------------------------------------------------
3912-3917  total:50    |    3956-3961    total:55   |    3982-3987    total:60  |  4013-4018 total:65  | 4072-4077 total:70
4102-4107  total:75    |    4122-4127    total:80   |    4214-4220    total:85  |  4240-4245 total:90  | 4275-4280 total:95
4304-4309  total:100

100 votes! Smiley

xzhybbs

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:42:10 AM

We continue to vote! Has the time to go to MINT to vote!
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:39:55 AM

The dev has already noticed your contributions and you are now fully entitled for the second round of distribution.
You have proven to be a very active member, who would be very valuable for the future of this coin.

Now, Will you please stop spamming this thread or create a new thread if you cant stop yourself from posting this information.

If you keep spamming again, its against the spirit of the community, as many of the members have already annoyed with this,
Are you the dev?How do you know the dev has noticed my contribution and I m entitled?
a. I have said "300 votes" in ecoiner.org even if I wont get 1M comm. That's my contribution to the Comm. Now I just keep my words.
c. OK, I will keep updating in this post and post the information every 50 votes
3912-3917  total:50    |    3956-3961    total:55   |    3982-3987    total:60  |  4013-4018 total:65  | 4072-4077 total:70
4102-4107  total:75    |    4122-4127    total:80   |    4214-4220    total:85  |  4240-4245 total:90  | 4275-4280 total:95

100 votes! Smiley
haha not me. i dont mind you bumping the thread to first page. make some noise for community  Smiley

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
zx

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:46:18 AM

100 votes! Smiley
haha not me. i dont mind you bumping the thread to first page. make some noise for community  Smiley

come on, baby...

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.SmoXVpomvJde2fBe4R7WZxxiCa1JNPHo2Z
biral

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:50:36 AM

May be the last vote for the COMM,I hope that your community has become increasingly powerful.
Do not want to wait forever, I have my own life
 Smiley

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy.TZLo24ykyRdEavELrfca6cTHJLybiAo3LK
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:54:14 AM

May be the last vote for the COMM,I hope that your community has become increasingly powerful.
 Smiley
are you dying

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 607 »
  Print  

Jump to: