Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:18:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 ... 607 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CommunityCoin (COMM) | Pure PoS | Original COMM MultiPools Coming Soon  (Read 523781 times)
Clazert

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:45:54 AM

Multipool this and that, COMM died ages ago unfortunately, if it was PoW instead of PoS then maybe it would of had more hope since Miners want to mine when Diff is low to cash in.

In COMM's situation only a certain amount of people got Double stakes while Multiple accounts from the same people got tens of millions of COMM and dumped when the price was high leaving it where it is now.

And this is what happens when you give free coins to people without any risk for them  Wink
Am I the only one which is seeing a similar future for NEM?
Worth more 73 motivated stakeholders than 3k stakeholders willing to make some quick $

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:51:04 AM

I wonder where are all the trolls now who were screaming that COMM is a scam and ShareCoin is something special? Although, I must admit that ShareCoin was something special but maybe not in the way the trolls meant Smiley

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
ascer

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:53:34 AM

Hope for tomorrow Grin Grin

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:06:40 AM

Multipool this and that, COMM died ages ago unfortunately, if it was PoW instead of PoS then maybe it would of had more hope since Miners want to mine when Diff is low to cash in.

In COMM's situation only a certain amount of people got Double stakes while Multiple accounts from the same people got tens of millions of COMM and dumped when the price was high leaving it where it is now.

you have a point, every pure pos (not java based or other particular pos coin) is dying or is dead right now

mining is important imho, 50% distribution and 50% for miner would have been a better idea
communitycoin (OP)

Activity: 126

COMM

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 09:57:26 AM

is the multipool ready? or near finished at least, because sell orders are winning, another week and we will reach the irreparable situation...
there are two multipool projects on going

1 sameev29's "We have a dns issue currently fixing it" i am testing with another dns otherwise i'll buy another domain.
2 other pool dev profit switching part completed, exchange part in progress.

Everything We Do is Driven by Comm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEDrU85FLE
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:18:26 AM

I wonder where are all the trolls now who were screaming that COMM is a scam and ShareCoin is something special? Although, I must admit that ShareCoin was something special but maybe not in the way the trolls meant Smiley

Yeah, I laughed when it disappeared, good that I dumped their scamcoin for 0.4 BTC and ran immediately.
communitycoin (OP)

COMM

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 11:59:05 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 02:01:50 PM by communitycoin

Yeah, I laughed when it disappeared, good that I dumped their scamcoin for 0.4 BTC and ran immediately.

Lol.  They "Born to Lose."  funny. I think before they get COMM codes and make exact copy of it and selling to huge crowds, they knew COMM project was great. they were the first one of like 20 others...

We still survive though many attacks, because we believe Community and no matter what can complete a project. Do you remember the difficulties dev team had in the past?

That's why we should stick to COMM COMMunity. Make it grow. Of course if we want to win...   

And hopefully nobody hurts from that coin service inabilities. I still prefer to be wrong. Because i know many people trusted their exchange and put many BTCs there.

liutiaoming1

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:03:49 PM

Lol.  They "Born to Lose."  funny. I think before they get COMM codes and make exact copy of it and selling to huge crowds, they knew COMM project was great. they were the first one of like 20 others...

We still survive though many attacks, because we believe Community and no matter what can complete a project. Do you remember the difficulties dev team had in the past?

That's why we should stick to COMM COMMunity. Make it grow. Of course if we want to win...   

And hopefully nobody hurts from that coin service inabilities. I still prefer to be wrong. Because i know many people trusted their exchange and put many BTCs there.

I'm still in the community

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
communitycoin (OP)

COMM

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 02:44:21 PM

We need you. We are coming with two multipools soon. Every COMM members should advertise mining with comm multipools

Also miners should understand this graph very clearly.

The mountain above is 5.4 BTC tall. When multipools buys 5.4 btc worth COMM the sellers price comes to 91 satoshi. (nearly 3X)

+2 GHZ mining speed in multipools hopefully can eat this mountain just in few days... When this eaten, buyers will have to increase their bid, That's why miners should hold certain amount time without dumping. Longer they hold better price will be for all of us. So multipools can buy/eat more sell walls.

Stably increasing prices attracts new investors and buyers and community to COMM as well. We have 7th biggest thread in bitcointalk and this proves we have enough community power to rise in this crypto forest. Our target is, to be number 1 there. (enjoy posting the COMM thread)

Funny thing is this we can't do anything good or bad without a community behind. And we are the Comm-unity. Are we?

KobeBriant 24

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:55:51 PM

So Comm is now back to life?
buy some now. It is rather cheap.

bbeikoff

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:04:53 PM

We need you. We are coming with two multipools soon. Every COMM members should advertise mining with comm multipools

The mountain above is 5.4 BTC tall. When multipools buys 5.4 btc worth COMM the sellers price comes to 91 satoshi. (nearly 3X)

+2 GHZ mining speed in multipools hopefully can eat this mountain just in few days... When this eaten, buyers will have to increase their bid, That's why miners should hold certain amount time without dumping. Longer they hold better price will be for all of us. So multipools can buy/eat more sell walls.

Stably increasing prices attracts new investors and buyers and community to COMM as well. We have 7th biggest thread in bitcointalk and this proves we have enough community power to rise in this crypto forest. Our target is, to be number 1 there. (enjoy posting the COMM thread)

Funny thing is this we can't do anything good or bad without a community behind. And we are the Comm-unity. Are we?

Dou bi !

I Get Daily Free SIGNs. Come get yours too! Hurry!. T7LvKaCWU7nVXR3RXxnevvzwhvFc1UtLNU
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:05:05 PM

So Comm is now back to life?
buy some now. It is rather cheap.

It will flourish soon Smiley
liutiaoming1

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:06:47 PM

In order to attract the miners, I think should be set up some reward

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
communitycoin (OP)

COMM

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 04:36:17 PM

In order to attract the miners, I think should be set up some reward

Hmm for example, block finder rewards, it looks workable for me. What else can be done?

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:44:51 PM

Lol, don't forget exact copy - FREEBies coin. BTW, I lost 2M on sharexchange ;-)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6080

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:57:48 PM

Since this thread is not as active as before can you discuss it here rather than creating a new thread? It would be good for the community to know more about it. So  much better if you will able to implement that feature in COMM. Expect that you will not only get a big bounty for it but also hefty donations from the community.

OK, makes sense, will give it a try. Although I think a thread would be better, but COMM forum seems closed.

----

The purpose of this message is to open a discussion for the development of a "cold-locked minting" feature - a way to make PoS minting nearly 100% secure, even for non-technical users.

Every interested user (developer or not) should participate in the discussion. I was talking with communitycoin "communicators" in May and if there is interest to implement this feature there will be a pretty attractive bounty for the developer(s). Also, it should have a very positive effect on COMM's reputation (and price Wink ).

What is Cold-locked-minting about and why it's important?

Proof-of-Stake coins like COMM have a security problem which can affect mass adoption: When you have your coins in an online wallet to "mint" PoS coins the private key is often loaded into the computer's memory and therefore can be read by an attacker (e.g. with malware or through a backdoor). So in brief: If you are minting, your coins are not 100% safe, even if your wallet is encrypted. This is specially true if you have a large balance making you an attractive target for attacks.

Cold-locked-minting is a proposed feature which allows you to use the balance of a "cold wallet" (e.g. a wallet on an offline PC, an USB key or a paper wallet) to mint PoS coins using another wallet / client (the "hot wallet") which is connected to the internet. With this feature enabled, the private key of the "cold wallet" is never at risk, so your balance is safe.

With cold-locked minting also individuals with large balances worth thousands of dollars can participate safely in PoS minting. This is important as the security of a PoS coin depends on the participation of the coin holders. So cold-locked minting can increase greatly the security of the system.

How would cold-locked-minting work?

There are several proposals for now. Most come from the Peercoin (PPC) community. Peercoin is the base of most PoS coins, including COMM. Currently only NXT is testing a similar feature (which has some disadvantages, see below).

All proposals have in common that they provide a way to "associate" two wallets: a "cold wallet" and a "hot wallet" connected to the internet. The "hot wallet" can use the balance of the "cold wallet" for minting, but can not spend coins from the "cold wallet". The "association" is done with a special message type signed with the private key of the "cold wallet" (this message can be generated offline if you don't want to expose the private key).

What are potential dangers or problems with cold-locked minting?

A cold-locked minting implementation should not decrease the incentive to maintain the client online to support the network. This can be a problem specially if a cold-locked-minting implementation leads to "PoS minting pools", or wallets which receive the "right to mint" from several other wallets. This should be avoided, as these pools could theoretically accumulate enough coins for a 51%-PoS-attack, as it occurs actually with some mining pools in the PoW cryptocoin world.

So the implementation of cold-locked-minting should cointain a mechanism to prevent the formation of this kind of pools or limit its size (=accumulated coin-age), or alternatively not provide incentives for COMM holders to give the "right to mint" to a pool.

Would it benefit Communitycoin's value/price?

If Communitycoin community implements cold-locked-minting, it's pretty sure that it would have a positive effect on COMM's price, market cap, and above all, reputation, as it is an important feature which would make a real difference to other PPC/NVC-based PoS coins. It would allow very safe storage of coins without having to resign to the "PoS interest", so it would make COMM appropiate for big investments.

What are the actual proposals for cold-locked-minting?

The most important proposals at the moment are:

- The OP_COINSTAKE proposal of "sigmike": A special kind of address, "cold minting addresses", is created. These addresses have two private keys: a "spending" private key and a "minting" private key. People can add the "minting" private key to another wallet via a special message and this wallet can then use the balance of the "cold-minting address" to mint PoS coins. The main advantage is that there is no incentive to form "minting pools" as there is no possibility to accumulate the balances of more than one address as every "minting key" has its own coin-age.

- The "cold-locked transaction" proposal of PPC creator "Sunny King": A special transaction type is created that sends coins to another address that increase the balance of the target address but only allows these coins to be sent back to the original address (spending to other addresses with regular transactions is locked). So you can accumulate "balance" in your hot wallet that cannot be spent by an attacker and mint using its coin-age. With another transaction type you can send the coins back to the "cold address". This would allow the accumulation of coin-age and so would allow minting-pools with higher chances to get the reward.

- The "leased forging" feature of Nxt (currently being tested): It's similar to cold-locked transactions, but instead of having to send the "balance" back to the cold address to spend it, when you send the balance you must specify a duration of the "leasing process". After that time balance is sent back automatically. The disadvantage: Incentives to form "minting pools" (called "forging pools" in Nxt) are very high, as large accounts have advantages when minting.

Other proposals are listed here: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2467.msg22366#msg22366

In my opinion, the OP_COINSTAKE until now is the best proposal, as the incentive to send your minting key to a "pool" is very low and the implementation seems to be relatively easy. However, with the other proposals, it would be theoretically possible to implement a "limit" for accumulation of keys, e.g. if one wallet can only mint on behalf of one (or two, or three) another wallet(s), so it would not be practical to form "minting pools".

I'm interested! What must I do? How much is the bounty?

If you are a developer, you can start implementing it now Smiley (read the links above to get practical advices for implementation). But a period of discussion would be good as there should be a large consensus in COMM community to implement this feature.

As of the bounty: I have proposed one million COMM, which should be given away by the COMM devs (they have confirmed me that they would do it if the project progresses). Other COMM users can obviously enlarge this number by donations. If there is enough interest I or the devs can set up a donation address.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
communitycoin (OP)

COMM

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 06:22:58 PM

Since this thread is not as active as before can you discuss it here rather than creating a new thread? It would be good for the community to know more about it. So  much better if you will able to implement that feature in COMM. Expect that you will not only get a big bounty for it but also hefty donations from the community.

OK, makes sense, will give it a try. Although I think a thread would be better, but COMM forum seems closed.

----

The purpose of this message is to open a discussion for the development of a "cold-locked minting" feature - a way to make PoS minting nearly 100% secure, even for non-technical users.

Every interested user (developer or not) should participate in the discussion. I was talking with communitycoin "communicators" in May and if there is interest to implement this feature there will be a pretty attractive bounty for the developer(s). Also, it should have a very positive effect on COMM's reputation (and price Wink ).

Proof-of-Stake coins like COMM have a security problem which can affect mass adoption: When you have your coins in an online wallet to "mint" PoS coins the private key is often loaded into the computer's memory and therefore can be read by an attacker (e.g. with malware or through a backdoor). So in brief: If you are minting, your coins are not 100% safe, even if your wallet is encrypted. This is specially true if you have a large balance making you an attractive target for attacks.

Cold-locked-minting is a proposed feature which allows you to use the balance of a "cold wallet" (e.g. a wallet on an offline PC, an USB key or a paper wallet) to mint PoS coins using another wallet / client (the "hot wallet") which is connected to the internet. With this feature enabled, the private key of the "cold wallet" is never at risk, so your balance is safe.

With cold-locked minting also individuals with large balances worth thousands of dollars can participate safely in PoS minting. This is important as the security of a PoS coin depends on the participation of the coin holders. So cold-locked minting can increase greatly the security of the system.

There are several proposals for now. Most come from the Peercoin (PPC) community. Peercoin is the base of most PoS coins, including COMM. Currently only NXT is testing a similar feature (which has some disadvantages, see below).

All proposals have in common that they provide a way to "associate" two wallets: a "cold wallet" and a "hot wallet" connected to the internet. The "hot wallet" can use the balance of the "cold wallet" for minting, but can not spend coins from the "cold wallet". The "association" is done with a special message type signed with the private key of the "cold wallet" (this message can be generated offline if you don't want to expose the private key).

A cold-locked minting implementation should not decrease the incentive to maintain the client online to support the network. This can be a problem specially if a cold-locked-minting implementation leads to "PoS minting pools", or wallets which receive the "right to mint" from several other wallets. This should be avoided, as these pools could theoretically accumulate enough coins for a 51%-PoS-attack, as it occurs actually with some mining pools in the PoW cryptocoin world.

So the implementation of cold-locked-minting should cointain a mechanism to prevent the formation of this kind of pools or limit its size (=accumulated coin-age), or alternatively not provide incentives for COMM holders to give the "right to mint" to a pool.

If Communitycoin community implements cold-locked-minting, it's pretty sure that it would have a positive effect on COMM's price, market cap, and above all, reputation, as it is an important feature which would make a real difference to other PPC/NVC-based PoS coins. It would allow very safe storage of coins without having to resign to the "PoS interest", so it would make COMM appropiate for big investments.

- The OP_COINSTAKE proposal of "sigmike": A special kind of address, "cold minting addresses", is created. These addresses have two private keys: a "spending" private key and a "minting" private key. People can add the "minting" private key to another wallet via a special message and this wallet can then use the balance of the "cold-minting address" to mint PoS coins. The main advantage is that there is no incentive to form "minting pools" as there is no possibility to accumulate the balances of more than one address as every "minting key" has its own coin-age.

- The "cold-locked transaction" proposal of PPC creator "Sunny King": A special transaction type is created that sends coins to another address that increase the balance of the target address but only allows these coins to be sent back to the original address (spending to other addresses with regular transactions is locked). So you can accumulate "balance" in your hot wallet that cannot be spent by an attacker and mint using its coin-age. With another transaction type you can send the coins back to the "cold address". This would allow the accumulation of coin-age and so would allow minting-pools with higher chances to get the reward.

- The "leased forging" feature of Nxt (currently being tested): It's similar to cold-locked transactions, but instead of having to send the "balance" back to the cold address to spend it, when you send the balance you must specify a duration of the "leasing process". After that time balance is sent back automatically. The disadvantage: Incentives to form "minting pools" (called "forging pools" in Nxt) are very high, as large accounts have advantages when minting.

Other proposals are listed here: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2467.msg22366#msg22366

In my opinion, the OP_COINSTAKE until now is the best proposal, as the incentive to send your minting key to a "pool" is very low and the implementation seems to be relatively easy. However, with the other proposals, it would be theoretically possible to implement a "limit" for accumulation of keys, e.g. if one wallet can only mint on behalf of one (or two, or three) another wallet(s), so it would not be practical to form "minting pools".

If you are a developer, you can start implementing it now Smiley (read the links above to get practical advices for implementation). But a period of discussion would be good as there should be a large consensus in COMM community to implement this feature.

As of the bounty: I have proposed one million COMM, which should be given away by the COMM devs (they have confirmed me that they would do it if the project progresses). Other COMM users can obviously enlarge this number by donations. If there is enough interest I or the devs can set up a donation address.

I believe this can be helpful. And i put this project within the COMM targets in OP. So can't lost within the posts.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:32:33 PM

----

wouldnt the first option still result in pool mining? minting is all about chance as far as i understand; more and older coins -- higher chance to mimt coins. if one wallet accumulates coins of different age, it would still mine for all. thus if coin age and number of coins for each key sent are determined, pool owner can sent reward based on this ratio for every key?

might be totally off here, so please correct me if im wrong.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:59:33 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 09:03:15 PM by d5000

No, because in this proposal the coin-age is calculated separately for every key / address. So even if you give away your minting key to a "pool" that operates more than one key on one machine, the pool cannot accumulate the coin-age of different keys. And so it cannot have "more chance" than other participants. The pool would have to mint separately with every key.

The only advantage to give away the key to a pool is that the pool probably would run 24h a day, but the Peercoin / Communitycoin PoS system - as far as I know - doesn't punish you if you disconnect from the network for a while.

Apart from that: A commercially viable pool would have to charge a fee for its service, but the advantage of the pool respect of having your "hot wallet" running at your own computer would be insignificant. So there should be very few people (those who cannot afford a computer with the disk space for a wallet, perhaps in 3rd world) that would pay the service of a "minting pool".

Things look different if proposal 2 or 3 is implemented. There the accumulation of coin-age is possible and so minting pools would have a higher chance to get PoS rewards more fast and can pay them out with a "continous rate" to their clients. But even then they would not get more interest than the other participants, only more regularly (more often), and transaction fees in the PoS system of COMM are insignificant (thats a key difference with Nxt).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:03:53 PM

PS: I have looked further on it and pools in the first proposal are completely impractical because the pool has no access to the PoS reward. The PoS reward is paid to the cold-minting address, whose balance can only be spent by the owner of the "spending key" which belongs to the "minting key". So the pool cannot even pay a "continous interest rate" (like you propose) to its clients and the owners of little balances would receive their reward exactly at the same time than if they choose a pool.

PS2: Thanks communitycoin for adding the proposal to the start page!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 ... 607 »
  Print  

Jump to: