Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:39:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Retracted previous statements :)  (Read 13141 times)
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

Tell you what, every time bitcoin's value goes up by $1000, I'll bump this thread once to remind you how much coins you lost, so that you don't lose them again!

My favorite thread to bump during a bubble mania is the classic . . .

I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.

There is simply no pleasure in reminding folks of their bad decisions.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:38:07 PM

Did OP change the title of the topic? Wtf has it to do with banking anyway?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
SlipperySlope

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:59:58 PM

I believe that the revised title would be less embarrassing should bitcoin indeed go to the moon on the next bubble, that many expect to occur this summer. At least half of the title would be somewhat true if Second Market opens a Wall Street style exchange for bitcoin..
Arghhh

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:06:43 PM

By far the richest idiot this month "Arghhh"

Congratulations!
FTFY
iluvpie60 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:53:18 PM

*Yawn....

Meanwhile,(No comma here) I'm using bitcoin(Bitcoin) to buy and sell computer parts without having to give 15% of my sales / purchases to paypal/ebay(PayPal/Ebay, also why use the "/" correctly here and not use it correctly for sales/purchases?).

Even when I have sold things using paypal(PayPal), I then have gotten hit with chargebacks(charge-backs) that have cost me THOUSANDS of dollars DESPITE having been authorized by paypal(PayPal) to ship the item to confirmed addresses. (Rewrite this entire sentence, structure is VERY awkward and not well written)

With bitcoin(Bitcoin),(Why is there a comma here?) when someone pays me for something, I then ship it(I would rewrite this to "With PayPal someone pays me for something and then I ship it). I don't need to worry(What is the subject of the worry?). Nobody is going to take those funds back away from me. Bitcoin(you capitalized it here...) is revolutionary for web payments.

Also, (Added comma here)shopping for groceries at target and Wal-Mart(Walmart) using bitcoin(Bitcoin).

Also.... why(Why,Google this) would I trust someone who can't spell "becoming"?

I am going to completely fix everything you just typed. Only because you are calling me out on an extra accidentally added "m".

Please see me after class, F.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:58:47 PM

I believe that the revised title would be less embarrassing should bitcoin indeed go to the moon on the next bubble, that many expect to occur this summer. At least half of the title would be somewhat true if Second Market opens a Wall Street style exchange for bitcoin..

Yes, I changed the title to talk about how BTC is turning into BANKING. I realized that half way through this thread that BTC is becoming more like BANKING. That scared me, so I changed the title so when people read these posts they make more sense.

Also, when talking about BTC having a sharp rise, in the sense of banking, BTC would be limited on sharp exponential and logarithmic gains as most banks do not experience this phenomenon. That is the whole reason I changed the title.

Thanks.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:00:53 PM

By all means sell so you are not a "bag holder" like me.  Wink

In my post I mentioned how I only have .05 BTC total left.

greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:04:57 AM

Yes, I changed the title to talk about how BTC is turning into BANKING. I realized that half way through this thread that BTC is becoming more like BANKING. That scared me, so I changed the title so when people read these posts they make more sense.

Also, when talking about BTC having a sharp rise, in the sense of banking, BTC would be limited on sharp exponential and logarithmic gains as most banks do not experience this phenomenon. That is the whole reason I changed the title.

Thanks.

I don't even know where to start in terms of how hilarious all of this is, please write more!

Seriously, OP is some kind of accidental comedic genius.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:12:54 AM

Thanks.

I don't even know where to start in terms of how hilarious all of this is, please write more!

Seriously, OP is some kind of accidental comedic genius.

You are correct about my personal character traits being considered "comedic" in most forms. I am no genius in terms of IQ or anything like that so I cannot agree with that statement.

True skill like my Halo 4 Covenant Sniper Double Kill on a flying Mongoose through a gravity lift is never accidental. Ya just gotta get em when ya got em. Scoremasterism isn't a choice. Born 1st. Born 2nd. Born 3rd. Born 4th. Born 5th. Born Scoremaster6.

"What if you miss?" - Cortana

"I won't" - ScoremasterChief.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:17:55 PM

Hope people took my advice on the "Short term" as stated in my original post.

Dipping down to 390 now.

Good luck, and may the Gox be ever in your favor!
Bit_co_i_n

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:24:30 PM

Even if OP is obviously butthurt.
His post show some common sense , wich is not the rule here.
Bicoin price fall has apparently some nice collateral effect on bitcoiner and raise average awareness
Wink
mitzie
Legendary

Activity: 975
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:26:28 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 10:35:37 PM by mitzie

whatever happens... as jeff garzik says, it's an experiment

Can't agree more
SlipperySlope

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:07:37 PM

whatever happens... as jeff garzik says, it's an experiment... and that's part of the fun for me, seeing where it goes.

Can't agree more

I love the flood of endorphins during the weeks of bitcoin bubble mania.

The crashes, paradoxically have never hurt, as I have always been mining, earning or buying coins during the bottoms.
NationOwnedCCNow

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:23:01 PM

How come everyone who loses their BTC/Money all of a sudden understands everything about and around cryptocurrencies and get theese deep genius-like Insights of how and why everything MUST fail.. ?  Huh
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:44:48 PM

How come everyone who loses their BTC/Money all of a sudden understands everything about and around cryptocurrencies and get theese deep genius-like Insights of how and why everything MUST fail.. ?  Huh

You can go back and look at my past posts, I haven't really changed my mind to begin with. I didn't say it would fail, YOU SAID I said that.

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 05:34:13 PM

For some reason, the average person on here thinks btc has to either go to the moon or crash into the ground. I guess they don't realize that each time btc explodes upwards, the likelihood of a similar rise becomes less and less. Anybody who casts doubt on another meteoric rise is shunned and attacked. Greed is a great motivator, some of these people think that btc is the greatest thing to grace their lives.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
SlipperySlope

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:25:47 AM

For some reason, the average person on here thinks btc has to either go to the moon or crash into the ground. I guess they don't realize that each time btc explodes upwards, the likelihood of a similar rise becomes less and less. Anybody who casts doubt on another meteoric rise is shunned and attacked. Greed is a great motivator, some of these people think that btc is the greatest thing to grace their lives.

I, for one, think that Bitcoin is the greatest financial thing to grace my life.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:21:43 AM

It's going to at least $100k within a handful of years. Fundamentals dictate it. Up to you what you do with that.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:35:04 AM

I would agree with this statement if it was clear that bitcoin adoption was near saturation, but this is not the case.  Since this is not the case, could it not be argued equally well that similar growth spurts are in fact more likely as similar cycles of greed and fear play out across larger and larger swaths of society?  I am not necessarily making this argument, but I see it as no less valid than yours.  

The other thing that hit me recently was this:

Imagine that tomorrow society somehow learns that bitcoin will no longer increase in value.  But they also learn that it will no longer decrease in value.  1 BTC will forever purchase the same basket of goods.   Would you store more or less of your wealth in bitcoin?  What would non-bitcoin users do?  It seems to me that the answer is "store more wealth in bitcoin" due to the freedom that bitcoin as a store of value provides.  But this would of course increase demand for bitcoin, which would necessarily increase the price since the supply is fixed.  In other words, it seems to me that the only reason the price of bitcoin is not already much higher is that society believes the price could also be much lower.  

Bitcoin really messes with my mind lol.

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:55:17 AM

It's going to at least $100k within a handful of years. Fundamentals dictate it. Up to you what you do with that.

The fundamentals dictate what btc is as a protocol and currency. They don't guarantee that btc will be worth over $100k in a few years.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: