Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 02:53:32 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Ever Lost Some Bitcoins Because You Were Careless?  (Read 1205 times)
Z_MBFM
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1260
Merit: 509



View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 06:35:31 PM
 #101

I sent Bitcoin to a wrong address but the amount was not very big. However, I have experience in transferring other coins to the wrong wallet and losing them. However, I have warned myself from small mistakes and verify the wallet very well for each transaction and then make the transaction. And I think that those small mistakes should have happened to me and that is why I was careful later which kept me away from big risks.

Once a Bitcoin block is confirmed, there is no way to reverse it and no one can undo it, so it is important for everyone to transact carefully when it comes to Bitcoin transactions. Money or wealth is never a careless thing.


███████▄▄███▄███▄
███▄▄████████▌████▄
▄██████████████▐███▌
██▄███████████▌████▌
████████▀███████▐▌█
███████████████▌█▌▐
████████▄████████▐▐
██████████████████▌
███████████████▄██▄
██████████████▀▀▀
█████▀███▀▀▀

█▄▄▄██████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
████▌█████▀███▌█████▀▀███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▌█████▄███▌█████▄███▐███████████████████▄
▐████████████▀███████▄██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀
▐████████████▄██▄███████████▌█████████▄████▀
▐█████████▀██████████▌█████████████▄▄████▀
██████████▄█████▀████████▐███▌██▄██████▀
██████████████▀███▐███▌██████████████████████
████▀██████▀▀█████████▌███▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌
 
      P R E M I E R   B I T C O I N   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K      

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

  98%  
RTP

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

 HIGH 
ODDS

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀
 
..PLAY NOW..
Sally9256
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 266
Merit: 136



View Profile
October 08, 2026, 06:59:31 PM
 #102

Someone needed to send some bitcoins to another person they had a deal with and so asked for their address. The fellow sent an address and he sent the coins. Almost immediately, they sent a chat and was like "Have you sent it?" He responded in the affirmative and they exclaimed "Oh no." Even though they didn't give me details of the problem, I think it could be a wrong address or an inaccessible one.

I remembered this incident because sometimes, I do not cross-check addresses when I send small funds. Have you lost some bitcoins because of carelessness?

What are you most conscious about before clicking the 'pay' button?
Most cases are likely not to be carelessness but mistakes, because I doubt if anyone will willingly be careless especially when it has to do with endangering his funds. It can also be possible to do such mistakes when one is in a hurry to either meet a deadline or even when one is sleepy as the case may be, not all mistakes can be carelessness. Although I have never experienced it as am always careful and not usually hasty when am about to transact, and always clear my messages after a successful transactions because of transfer or address duplication.

Hyphen(-)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1694
Merit: 892


#kycfree ❎


View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 07:06:09 PM
 #103

Once a Bitcoin block is confirmed, there is no way to reverse it and no one can undo it, so it is important for everyone to transact carefully when it comes to Bitcoin transactions. Money or wealth is never a careless thing.
To reverse Bitcoin transaction is not on every wallets, only wallets, and if you use exchange to send it, once it is gone, with or without confirmation, you have already lost the money; that’s why it is important to always study the wallets you will be using before using it so that you will know the wallet’s function properly and to also know how to verify wallet addresses before sending the Bitcoin because Bitcoin transaction is not reversible. Be responsible for your mistakes. Take care if your transactions by checking it properly before making mistakes.

Orpichukwu
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1358
Merit: 594


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 07:54:10 PM
 #104

The only time that I've been careless I guess when I've pressed that convert or swap button of our local exchange when I have no freaking idea that I was selling the ones that I've held before. Yes, a complete noob and that's okay because I've learnt from it already.
That quick swap mistake I have done before, and it was not a nice one, especially when the rate was below the actual market rate as of that day since it was an automatic swap. it was not a funny one for me.

Quote
But sending to a wrong address, never happened to me. And it's due to the unique wallet addresses that we have. Unless a PC is infected by that malware copy pasta virus and you don't cross check addresses before sending then that's the only possibility that someone will fall for it.

If not for the fact that the clipboard virus became very popular and victims cried out, many of us would barely look at our wallet address when we are transacting, as long as it was copied, and even if we are to look, it’s always just the beginning and ending part of the wallet, but due to how the clipboard malware operates, it’s now important to gradually cross-check the wallet address from beginning to end, just to be sure it has not been replaced with a similar address.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
▀▀███████▀████████████████████████████████████████
██████████
▀██▄▄████▄██▐████▀▀███████████▀▀████████████████████
█████████
▌██▐██████▌██████▌█▐█████████████▐███████████████████
█████████
▌█████████▄▄▄██████▀▀▀▀███████▌█████▀████████████████
██████████
▄███▀███████▀▀██████▄██████████▐█▀█▄███▀▀███████████
████████████
▄▄███▀▀██▄▄▄▄██▐███▀██▄█▐█▌██▀█▄██▀██▄▄███████████
████████████████
▄▄███▀██▌███████▄█▌███████▐██▌███▀█▄██████████
██████████
▀███▄███████████▐██▌█▐████████▐██▐████▄██▀██████████
█████████
▌██▄███████████▄████▄████▄██▄██████▀▄█████▄▀█████████
█████████
▌██▀███▀▀███▄█████████████████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄█████████
██████████
▄██████▄▄██████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

 🎰  🎲 ..Play Smarter.. 🏀  ⚽ ..Play Now..
Jaycoinz
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1190
Merit: 517


God is All


View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 08:03:17 PM
 #105

I think a lot of post here would identify that majorly, the one time we've lost Butcoin holdings the most is during our rookie years when we make little mistakes until we get the hang of it, I personally lost some because I stupidly gave/ shared by pass phrase to my supposed friend [a very dumb decision] later things got out of hand and let's say he took his inheritance, lol. But aside from that, I don't think I have made any mistake because I've reached the stage where any mistakes in addy can lead to a huge lose.

 
█▄
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT▀█ 
  THE #1 SOLANA CASINO  
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
........5,000+........
GAMES
 
......INSTANT......
WITHDRAWALS
..........HUGE..........
REWARDS
 
............VIP............
PROGRAM
 .
   PLAY NOW    
Royal Cap
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 602
Merit: 281



View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 08:57:06 PM
 #106

I believe that I am not alone, most of the users in the forum have lost Bitcoin at some point in their lives due to some mistake. In my case, a few years ago, I had some Bitcoins in a trust wallet (although the amount was small) and I had screenshotted the seed phrase and saved it on my phone but I did not back it up anywhere else. But by mistake I reset my phone one day, which deleted my trust wallet app along with the recovery phrase. So after that I could not recover the Bitcoins from my wallet.

hafiztalha
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1302
Merit: 745



View Profile
October 08, 2026, 10:16:53 PM
 #107

I think if we should look into what as led people to the lose of their Bitcoin, I'm sure those who lose their Bitcoin due to carelessness wont be as much as those who have have lose their bitcoin due ignorance.  Ignorance has made many to lose their bitcoin because many dont even do research and they go about things with just the understanding they have with making findings if their understanding is accurate. Ignorance is a more reason people lose their bitcoin because you can be careless but still have your bitcoin but if you are ignorance it is an easy wsy of one losing bitcoin because one thing about bitcoin is all about what you understand.
Bitcoin investment always has enough challenges because it needs good knowledge and understanding of a few things, which are always important for people to have for staying on a good level. In many cases people lost their worth because they had never tried to have enough basic things, which helps them keep themselves secure.
Too many cases are around due to the loss of phrases and then passwords because people never take them seriously and then get into deep trouble. Even a few are able to have things back, but everyone has never been lucky with this recently. I have few fellows who lost enough because they keep things as usual and never try to take it seriously and then face consequences that have never been in their favor.

Obari
Hero Member
*****
Online Online

Activity: 1372
Merit: 664


★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 11:41:19 PM
 #108

Whenever I see threads like this, I don't like to ignore them but rather I prefer to always speak my mind so others can learn from my mistakes and yes I've lost some coin of about $150 back then because of my carelessness and not just my carelessness but greed because I would say that, I was scammed because I wanted good rate even above the return rate and had to click on a link which gave access to my trade and released the coin to th scammers and until today I wasn't able to restore that coin and I hope others learn from my story as well and always be careful

║
★
║
.
.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]
║
★
║
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀
║
★
║
║
★
║
✔ Rainbot
✔ Daily Quests
✔ Faucet
bhadz
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 3304
Merit: 645



View Profile WWW
October 09, 2026, 04:53:39 AM
 #109

The only time that I've been careless I guess when I've pressed that convert or swap button of our local exchange when I have no freaking idea that I was selling the ones that I've held before. Yes, a complete noob and that's okay because I've learnt from it already.
That quick swap mistake I have done before, and it was not a nice one, especially when the rate was below the actual market rate as of that day since it was an automatic swap. it was not a funny one for me.
I don't mind the rates at that time although if I calculate the rates from now on, I guess that it can be one costly mistake. But we learn from that and if it's not for that experience, we'll not learn the importance of being sure before converting and the rest is history.

Quote
But sending to a wrong address, never happened to me. And it's due to the unique wallet addresses that we have. Unless a PC is infected by that malware copy pasta virus and you don't cross check addresses before sending then that's the only possibility that someone will fall for it.
If not for the fact that the clipboard virus became very popular and victims cried out, many of us would barely look at our wallet address when we are transacting, as long as it was copied, and even if we are to look, it’s always just the beginning and ending part of the wallet, but due to how the clipboard malware operates, it’s now important to gradually cross-check the wallet address from beginning to end, just to be sure it has not been replaced with a similar address.
I became aware of that when I check the news and posts from the forum at that time. And whenever I do a transaction, I make sure that it's with the same characters that I have for my receiving address. A lot fell for it and some were significant figures that they can't recover anymore. It doesn't take too long to check the correct address before doing the transaction and it's become a practice, an important one.


███████▄▄███▄███▄
███▄▄████████▌████▄
▄██████████████▐███▌
██▄███████████▌████▌
████████▀███████▐▌█
███████████████▌█▌▐
████████▄████████▐▐
██████████████████▌
███████████████▄██▄
██████████████▀▀▀
█████▀███▀▀▀

█▄▄▄██████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
████▌█████▀███▌█████▀▀███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▌█████▄███▌█████▄███▐███████████████████▄
▐████████████▀███████▄██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀
▐████████████▄██▄███████████▌█████████▄████▀
▐█████████▀██████████▌█████████████▄▄████▀
██████████▄█████▀████████▐███▌██▄██████▀
██████████████▀███▐███▌██████████████████████
████▀██████▀▀█████████▌███▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌
 
      P R E M I E R   B I T C O I N   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K      

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

  98%  
RTP

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

 HIGH 
ODDS

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀
 
..PLAY NOW..
Outhue
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1708
Merit: 704



View Profile WWW
October 09, 2026, 05:03:06 AM
 #110

I've lost some Bitcoin because I was stupid, there was a congestion on Bitcoin network in 2021 and I was in haste, I had to find another Bitcoin wallet instead of increasing the transaction fee, I ended up downloading a wrong Bitcoin wallet, so my wallet got drained in the same week, I cried my eyes out because that was all I had at the time, it was at the time I knew about fake crypto wallets on Playstore, if a wallet isn't well known don't download it, also make sure you are directed to a wallet on playstore from an official crypto wallet website.

traderethereum
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 3472
Merit: 593


View Profile WWW
October 09, 2026, 05:58:35 AM
 #111

I've lost some Bitcoin because I was stupid, there was a congestion on Bitcoin network in 2021 and I was in haste, I had to find another Bitcoin wallet instead of increasing the transaction fee, I ended up downloading a wrong Bitcoin wallet, so my wallet got drained in the same week, I cried my eyes out because that was all I had at the time, it was at the time I knew about fake crypto wallets on Playstore, if a wallet isn't well known don't download it, also make sure you are directed to a wallet on playstore from an official crypto wallet website.
Downloading a wrong Bitcoin wallet is common mistakes many people also did. Yeah, I had that too and lost some, not too much but it did gave me a lesson that next time, I must research before deciding downloading from Playstore. Increasing the transaction fee is not too big deal as long as the fee is make sense. If you want to send $200 but need to pay the fee for up to $5 from $1, that still okay.
Cgrexp
Sr. Member
****
Online Online

Activity: 658
Merit: 279


Financial sovereignty begins with Self-Custody


View Profile
October 09, 2026, 07:48:46 AM
 #112

Someone needed to send some bitcoins to another person they had a deal with and so asked for their address. The fellow sent an address and he sent the coins. Almost immediately, they sent a chat and was like "Have you sent it?" He responded in the affirmative and they exclaimed "Oh no." Even though they didn't give me details of the problem, I think it could be a wrong address or an inaccessible one.

I remembered this incident because sometimes, I do not cross-check addresses when I send small funds. Have you lost some bitcoins because of carelessness?

What are you most conscious about before clicking the 'pay' button?
Most cases are likely not to be carelessness but mistakes, because I doubt if anyone will willingly be careless especially when it has to do with endangering his funds. It can also be possible to do such mistakes when one is in a hurry to either meet a deadline or even when one is sleepy as the case may be, not all mistakes can be carelessness. Although I have never experienced it as am always careful and not usually hasty when am about to transact, and always clear my messages after a successful transactions because of transfer or address duplication.
It is not right to label every mistake as carelessness. Mistakes and intentional carelessness are different . Many times even though we are careful enough we can make mistakes due to haste, stress or temporary lack of attention. Even a small mistake in financial transactions can cause major losses. It is a good habit to be careful and not rush in transactions. When transferring Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency it is important to carefully verify the recipient's address, network and amount to be sent. To reduce the possibility of errors verify the information before each transaction. When sending large amounts of money sending a small amount as a test and keeping the necessary records can be an effective step.

bakasabo
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1327



View Profile
October 09, 2026, 09:21:12 AM
 #113

I remember that once I was careless and lazy to learn how to transactions in bitcoin network work, as well as used online bitcoin wallet. That is - I have blindly agreed to any fees and settings that online wallet offered me, what cause me paying enormous fees. It was situations when sending $100 in BTC cost me $10-15. When bitcoins as expensive as now and cost around $6-7k, that wasnt much of a problem. But thinking now how many btc were wasted, it means that I have learned a very expensive lesson.

 
█▄
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT▀█ 
  THE #1 SOLANA CASINO  
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
........5,000+........
GAMES
 
......INSTANT......
WITHDRAWALS
..........HUGE..........
REWARDS
 
............VIP............
PROGRAM
 .
   PLAY NOW    
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!