Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:51:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy on weekend or Monday?  (Read 2478 times)
pabloangello (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:45:11 AM

Hi I have a dilema.
I would like to buy some BTC and my thoughts are like this:

- During weekend bank transffers doesn't work so people have less fiat during saturday and sunday, hence there should be less buys then less -> price will likely be lower that it would be if money transffers would work.

So if there are not any big news for tomorrow I suppose that should buy today.

Whad do you think?

trc

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:59:40 AM

I don't think it's because of banks' unavailability but because people choose to rest on weekends. I'm sure those who buy/sell in large amounts everyday have always enough funds in reserve on exchange accounts. So, buy/sell whenever you wish. Right now, bitstamp and btc-e are below Huobi price. So go for it. Smiley

>> nope
pabloangello (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:05:03 AM

I don't think it's because of banks' unavailability but because people choose to rest on weekends. I'm sure those who buy/sell in large amounts everyday have always enough funds in reserve on exchange accounts. So, buy/sell whenever you wish. Right now, bitstamp and btc-e are below Huobi price. So go for it. Smiley

Thank you for advice Smiley

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 11:05:34 AM

Hi I have a dilema.

- During weekend bank transffers doesn't work so people have less fiat during saturday and sunday, hence there should be less buys then less -> price will likely be lower that it would be if money transffers would work.

Whad do you think?

There is no rule working on that Smiley

We can say - perhaps usually price was lower at Sunday than at Monday (next day).
But. Nobody knows Smiley
This is why perhaps you should figure it out in different meaning - do you want to buy bitcoin?
Buy bitcoins.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:35:39 AM

Hi I have a dilema.

Whad do you think?

There are big news in the pipeline, China will probably ban all bank transfers to chiense bitcoin exchanges next week, price will most likely plummet hard.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 11:41:57 AM

Hi I have a dilema.

Whad do you think?

There are big news in the pipeline, China will probably ban all bank transfers to chiense bitcoin exchanges next week, price will most likely plummet hard.

well but this is not a news for "Monday" Smiley
It will be more info 15th of April ... so if you want to wait till then ... you can wait Smiley

pabloangello (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:45:05 AM

Hi I have a dilema.

Whad do you think?

It will be more info 15th of April ... so if you want to wait till then ... you can wait Smiley

I can't wait so will have to buy now :p

Zule

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:47:57 AM

I dont know whose pipeline you've been checking but there is no news, most likely you need sleep
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 11:59:39 AM

Hi I have a dilema.

Whad do you think?

What I can say. Price wasnt that low from a half of the year so this seems a great time to buy. If you  are considering it - maybe just go for it.
pabloangello (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:04:12 PM

Hi I have a dilema.

Whad do you think?

What I can say. Price wasnt that low from a half of the year so this seems a great time to buy. If you  are considering it - maybe just go for it.

Yes I know, I think we already hit the bottom. Long term it is great buy for sure anyway.

IamComrade

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:33:34 PM

Hi I have a dilema.

Whad do you think?

Yes I know, I think we already hit the bottom. Long term it is great buy for sure anyway.

I feel price want to go up yes
pabloangello (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:35:10 PM

Hi I have a dilema.

Whad do you think?

What I can say. Price wasnt that low from a half of the year so this seems a great time to buy. If you  are considering it - maybe just go for it.

I feel price want to go up yes

Long term for sure, but I wanted to feel the right moment to buy nowadays.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:42:18 PM

Historically thursdays have been the only day of the week with negative average price change.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
pabloangello (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:44:36 PM

Historically thursdays have been the only day of the week with negative average price change.

Interesting, wonder why? :|

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:03:18 PM

Thor is bearish.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:33:24 PM

Thor is bearish.
How about Odin?
master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 05:06:52 PM

I don't think it really matters long term if you buy today or Monday. Most of us thought that BTC would crash when SR was shutdown, but it did the exact opposite.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 05:11:06 PM

I don't think it really matters long term if you buy today or Monday. Most of us thought that BTC would crash when SR was shutdown, but it did the exact opposite.

I can agree with that. And this is what I do think too. Anyway I do not use Bitcoin as a long-term investment ... I use it as a crypto currency Smiley earn, spent, etc.. Smiley
So I really believe - every day is a good day for Bitcoin!
glen hodl

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:04:39 PM

Thor is bearish.
Cheesy
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:10:28 PM