I think the best thing you can do is be clear.
If you can't provide non-KYC then say it, if you have problems because the infamous state asks you for it above a threshold, say it, be transparent.
Like if you win under $1000 then we don't need it otherwise yes, clarity always wins.
I think it is becoming a trend now; you would see a casino which clearly states that they would request KYC, but still the casino would put that they are a no kyc casino simply because the request for KYC is not during the initial stage of account registration.
This was the one I saw today.
Good point, "no KYC" can easily end up meaning "no KYC at signup", which isn't really the same thing. I think what matters most is whether the terms say upfront when verification can kick in, like a withdrawal threshold or a flagged account. Do you usually check the ToS for that first, or does it mostly come out through other players' posts?