Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:23:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offcl. Bitcoinica stmt: "No reserve" prbm will be fixed in a couple of hours  (Read 1926 times)
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 12:05:50 AM

n/t
Source: Jon, COO

(BFL)^2 < 0
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahbritto

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

Ripple

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 03:34:26 AM

The problem is resolved.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 10:37:24 PM

an here we go again, "no reserve" on my buy orders

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
racerguy

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 07:11:27 PM

is this why my buy order@6.8$ isn't getting filled when the listed buy price has been as low as 6.6$?
THCGroup

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 06:04:10 PM

Still a consistent problem the last couple days.
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 11:36:38 PM

Still there now.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
barrymac

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:36:03 AM

My God I got so utterly wiped out by that crash and have a severe negative balance now! I had a few very pessimistic low buy limit orders and the crash made things a whole lot worse!

Was fun for a while but I lost so much more than I had gained in the last couple of months! A major warning on margin trading with such a crazy market!

The forced liquidation is a nightmare! I would have gained big time as it's already recovered now, well above my target price! But instead I got forced into a loss of several thousand percent! I can't even mention the amount that was worth! I feel like I paid for their liquidity problems personally! Anyone else?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:41:28 AM

My God I got so utterly wiped out by that crash and have a severe negative balance now! I had a few very pessimistic low buy limit orders and the crash made things a whole lot worse!

Was fun for a while but I lost so much more than I had gained in the last couple of months! A major warning on margin trading with such a crazy market!

The forced liquidation is a nightmare! I would have gained big time as it's already recovered now, well above my target price! But instead I got forced into a loss of several thousand percent! I can't even mention the amount that was worth! I feel like I paid for their liquidity problems personally! Anyone else?
I don't see how it is anyone's fault but your own?  You took extreme risks, and lost.
barrymac

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:57:36 AM

I don't see how it is anyone's fault but your own?  You took extreme risks, and lost.

I didn't blame anyone, I know what risk means. But they could do with some responsive circuit breakers no ?
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:00:46 AM

The forced liquidation is necessary. Otherwise: who would cover even greater losses?

You are being lent money to speculate with. Should you speculate badly, the emergency brake has to be used at the point where your own funds are still sufficient to protect the lender's money.

If you don't want to get liquidated, you can always use your own money. Oh, and if it werent for the "crazy market", you wouldn't have gained so much in earlier months, right?

Maybe I misunderstand something, though...

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
barrymac

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:04:31 AM

Given the price of the last few months, I really didn't think that having limit orders buying so low risky at all! But the losses make gains over the last few months look like peanuts!
barrymac

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:20:20 AM

The forced liquidation is necessary. Otherwise: who would cover even greater losses?

You are being lent money to speculate with. Should you speculate badly, the emergency brake has to be used at the point where your own funds are still sufficient to protect the lender's money.

If you don't want to get liquidated, you can always use your own money. Oh, and if it werent for the "crazy market", you wouldn't have gained so much in earlier months, right?

Maybe I misunderstand something, though...

No your right of course, probably only the losers will learn though!
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:32:56 AM

I didn't blame anyone, I know what risk means. But they could do with some responsive circuit breakers no ?
I'm not sure what you mean... They can't stop trading in it's tracks - Bitcoinica only follows what the current market price is.  And if that market price changes, there's not much to be done.
THCGroup

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 10:47:43 PM

Another day of *'s
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: