Ucy
Sr. Member
  

Activity: 3360
Merit: 444
Compare non-kyc instant exchanges. Get best deal
|
 |
September 24, 2026, 06:37:17 PM |
|
This will be more suitable for local/physical transactions due to absence of escrow and arbiters so that a product description is verified on site (plus other verifications) before payment is made. And it's OK that funds are not held or transferred through the marketplace since it's centralized, can vanish with the funds, can be confisticated, etc I think a decentralized escrow would be needed unless you want thls to be purely a local thing. Hope there are provisions for product reviews and seller's reputations
Thanks Ucy, that is how I see it too. Local and in person is where it works best right now, and not holding funds is deliberate for exactly the reason you gave. Reviews and seller reputation are already in. Sellers have a star rating built from reviews only, with the review count beside it, so nothing is handed out by the platform. Decentralized escrow is on the table for going beyond local deals, and I am keeping the options open on how it gets done. Either way it needs users first, and marketing is honestly not my strongest side, so that is where my focus is. Ofcourse. Also, try to see if you can keep the marketplace data decentralized or well backed up so that If the current site is stopped for whatever reason, the data can easily be migrated to another site by participants. This should make the marketplace somewhat censorship resistant and decentralized. You should however ensure that activities are transparent and ethical in other to give the censorship resistance and decentralized approach enough legitimacy. For attracting lots of participants and customers, I believe there should be alternative for quick crypto to fiat conversion for local sellers who wouldn't want to hold crypto. And on the website, members could list things they regularly/occasionally buy and share the list with local sellers to attract those who can supply the needs. And you could try encouraging mutually beneficial trading — buyers can aswell check their sellers "need lists" and supply them too Wish you all the best
|
▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄ ██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██ ▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄ ▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄ ▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄ ████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████ ██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████ ████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████ ▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀ ▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀ ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀ ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀ | | OrangeFren | | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | | | | ▄▄█████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀████▄ ███▀░░░░░░░▀███ ███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███ ███░░░░░█░░░░░███ ███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███ ███▄░░░░░░░▄███ ▀████▄▄▄████▀ █████████ ▐█████████▌ █████░█████ ▐████▌░▐████▌ ▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀ | | |
|
|
|
jhone225 (OP)
Newbie

Activity: 17
Merit: 4
|
 |
September 24, 2026, 11:14:07 PM |
|
Gave you a few merits because nothing like this to my knowledge exists yet, but yes, we who like P2P for BTC must use escrow, but I understand will be difficult for you to code unless you get help.
Now I also do P2P without escrow but that is for swapping currencies, and usually because of great trust and reputation of years.
Don't think it works for this, most of these transactions will be one time only.
So I think the escrow option must be built in for this to work, unfortunately.
Thanks for the merits slaman29. The point about reputation is fair. The idea stands for local meetups the way Facebook Marketplace does, you inspect before you pay. For long distance there are verified stores, real businesses with a name and a reputation on the line, which is a different kind of risk than a stranger. Escrow is definitely something I am considering, but I am at the beginning here, so wish me luck.
|
|
|
|
|
slaman29
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1563
Viva La Masia
|
 |
September 25, 2026, 07:05:53 AM |
|
Thanks for the merits slaman29. The point about reputation is fair.
The idea stands for local meetups the way Facebook Marketplace does, you inspect before you pay. For long distance there are verified stores, real businesses with a name and a reputation on the line, which is a different kind of risk than a stranger.
Escrow is definitely something I am considering, but I am at the beginning here, so wish me luck.
Most welcome, and yeah FB Marketplace I think I know how it works now, even if my experience is limited there, I know even in my area there are listings (but more like a FB page where people post with own accounts, and that itself is their reputation/identity at stake, I get it. That actually was how BTC P2P even worked (Face to Face) before it got popular, so everything starts there. I believe there are some addon options people have built, but no idea how good or open source they are and certainly, you are at the beginning requiring luck.
|
| | Sportsbet.io | │ |
| │ |
| │ | ████████████████████████ ██ ██████
██ ████████████████
MORE THAN A BET!
██ ████████████████
██ █████████████████████ ██ ████████ |
|
|
|
jhone225 (OP)
Newbie

Activity: 17
Merit: 4
|
 |
September 26, 2026, 09:01:57 AM Last edit: September 28, 2026, 06:42:33 AM by jhone225 |
|
members could list things they regularly/occasionally buy and share the list with local sellers to attract those who can supply the needs Thanks Ucy. Your suggestion is in, buyers can post what they are after now. The need list is a different shape so I need to think it through, but I want to get there. Same with the data portability, I will see what I can do. I believe there are some addon options people have built, but no idea how good or open source they are slaman29, you are right that the account is the reputation. That is what I am counting on to keep people honest. On those addons, everything I found is for swapping bitcoin and cash, nothing for buying a real item. Send me one if you remember it.
|
|
|
|
|
slaman29
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1563
Viva La Masia
|
 |
September 27, 2026, 07:33:59 AM |
|
slaman29, you are right that the account is the reputation. That is what I am counting on to keep people honest. On those addons, everything I found is for swapping bitcoin and cash, nothing for buying a real item. Send me one if you remember it.
I honestly can't find it myself but I remember it was like an addon you as a website could add that could create a wallet of multisig (so both buyer and seller need to sign it to send the tx). I looked online and these seem to work similar. https://theya.us/solutions/payment-solutions/escrowhttps://uniscrow.com/blockchain-escrow-payment/https://smartlink.so/The last one is web3 so I guess it works for MetaMask rather than BTC but I think the idea is very similar!
|
| | Sportsbet.io | │ |
| │ |
| │ | ████████████████████████ ██ ██████
██ ████████████████
MORE THAN A BET!
██ ████████████████
██ █████████████████████ ██ ████████ |
|
|
|
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 3714
Licking my boob since 1970
|
 |
September 27, 2026, 11:11:15 PM |
|
slaman29, you are right that the account is the reputation. That is what I am counting on to keep people honest. On those addons, everything I found is for swapping bitcoin and cash, nothing for buying a real item. Send me one if you remember it.
jhone, #1) Please don't post twice in a row - instead you can edit your first post to include new information (and clean up quotes) #2) You are counting on an unvetted reputation to keep people honest? If your services gets any growth it will be gamed by exchanging positive trust from throw away accounts. Don't assume people respect their privacy enough to be honest. 
|
|
|
|
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1144
RIP Mommy
|
 |
September 27, 2026, 11:20:49 PM |
|
Provably linking all potential rating system identities into one gigantic meta-web of trust can't come soon enough, let alone even just 2... NIP-XX: Bitcoin-OTC Identity Linkage Proof
|
|
|
|
jhone225 (OP)
Newbie

Activity: 17
Merit: 4
|
 |
September 28, 2026, 06:36:01 AM |
|
slaman29, you are right that the account is the reputation. That is what I am counting on to keep people honest. On those addons, everything I found is for swapping bitcoin and cash, nothing for buying a real item. Send me one if you remember it.
jhone, #1) Please don't post twice in a row - instead you can edit your first post to include new information (and clean up quotes) #2) You are counting on an unvetted reputation to keep people honest? If your services gets any growth it will be gamed by exchanging positive trust from throw away accounts. Don't assume people respect their privacy enough to be honest.  Fair on the double post, my mistake. You are right the rating can be gamed. Stars only show after five reviews, but fake accounts can still work around that. No fix without escrow or money on the line, and I cannot hold funds on my own. Bisq gave up on ratings for the same reason, and I am thinking of doing the same, pulling reviews until I have enough users and escrow in place. Provably linking all potential rating system identities into one gigantic meta-web of trust can't come soon enough Reputation that follows a person across sites would fix a lot of this. Nothing usable exists yet, but I would rather plug into something open than build my own closed version.
|
|
|
|
|
slaman29
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1563
Viva La Masia
|
 |
September 28, 2026, 08:36:05 AM |
|
Provably linking all potential rating system identities into one gigantic meta-web of trust can't come soon enough, let alone even just 2...
Yes, something like this was always what a lot of us in P2P swapping were always saying even during our forex days. The guys I traded with started knowing each other even by our account numbers locally, and then some of us went into crypto, and localbitcoins, our bank accounts same for over 20+ years. That was the sort of giant trust system we all understood no matter which platform we found ourselves on. But that only worked locally. If somehow you could build this forum's account user into the same system, those of us with accounts staked as reputation is a big trust positive I think, identity is not enough as @Vod says, so many people willing to lose it to scam big.
|
| | Sportsbet.io | │ |
| │ |
| │ | ████████████████████████ ██ ██████
██ ████████████████
MORE THAN A BET!
██ ████████████████
██ █████████████████████ ██ ████████ |
|
|
|
jhone225 (OP)
Newbie

Activity: 17
Merit: 4
|
 |
September 29, 2026, 09:12:49 AM |
|
Yes, something like this was always what a lot of us in P2P swapping were always saying even during our forex days. The guys I traded with started knowing each other even by our account numbers locally, and then some of us went into crypto, and localbitcoins, our bank accounts same for over 20+ years. That was the sort of giant trust system we all understood no matter which platform we found ourselves on. But that only worked locally. If somehow you could build this forum's account user into the same system, those of us with accounts staked as reputation is a big trust positive I think, identity is not enough as @Vod says, so many people willing to lose it to scam big. those of us with accounts staked as reputation is a big trust positive I think Doing it. Make a CashSats account and reply here with your username. I will look at your account here and put a 5 star rating on your profile, marked as reputation carried over from Bitcointalk so people know where it came from. Provably linking all potential rating system identities into one gigantic meta-web of trust can't come soon enough Since you have already thought about this more than I have, is there a good way to bring someone's reputation from here over to CashSats? Any pointers would help. I am trying to get some trusted users on there to bring in more users and some attention.
|
|
|
|
|
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1144
RIP Mommy
|
 |
September 29, 2026, 10:24:20 AM Last edit: September 29, 2026, 10:36:26 AM by TheButterZone |
|
Since you have already thought about this more than I have, is there a good way to bring someone's reputation from here over to CashSats? Any pointers would help. I am trying to get some trusted users on there to bring in more users and some attention.
I put my key ID in my CashSats profile, it is also staked at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159946.msg56655674#msg56655674-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA256 https://cashsats.com/profile/TheButterZone = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=60600 = https://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=TheButterZone-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- iQIzBAEBCAAdFiEEwKYvetXBb7daFKINdQpmQMXklhsFAmq7j+IACgkQdQpmQMXk lhupTg//Vw2hg7HLDugm5qaEWZz4rqWTi6cVSOSo0OQ5ytfznq7TJUBQLSjwfsWe P4xRAkHKsygWPWKiXp6FcGeeV6ev/C7H7fHzvwjW/ZwiM3hEmwPi4R8sQSHqsXWd tS9sGolOVb5CrGsXz+4lW+2j7fVkLiKgv0tBXrZ2bYF/cU0EDKQGi1tBya1SEaBe O8+kD0mz7rYbCBqxyOnQtsWBiewFnkcgXy0EOtQhH/IteSCSmbY8ZV1ev7E09v7G s4WrjCyNQWYEYkmZsk7zf7QZSJmIF5GeYolBLBto6YWP7ecLxVgTWkCmS4iN/AaZ cLIuhhF7t7A0lJzcZjUzCe8Sz9BzDWNm6hPPUwchPq9LTSo6U6sMI31cw3s4NjuU u0d9veNrFgSBUxhxobO+HAOdWed9C+JgY2qGpJ0KFKMAWlCJd+a7YdQPyD9XpB/j bjay8HIzU2om1dbprB2KTV0r4niPJwcnzWeuWXAqKl4p97FLDalawYoA5bwU1kEv GI6X5ZpWsRrzCfPWf3w9cz7yl3sE5GmdDb4VTAeRq5SAtQaEfQxyWwqfaY7b6vkK p+Bj8SW63LSfA0DCa6A656gWSi/hmqlf2fyjBoSvfc7LyoP64mYVd0n9prdh/Pq0 nJtbPQ6/SOhmPOnGsmmF39WF8E5bwn2dyfP0t+W7HYDTVkOgFtQ= =VakK -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|
|
|
|
Ucy
Sr. Member
  

Activity: 3360
Merit: 444
Compare non-kyc instant exchanges. Get best deal
|
 |
September 29, 2026, 06:48:35 PM |
|
members could list things they regularly/occasionally buy and share the list with local sellers to attract those who can supply the needs Thanks Ucy. Your suggestion is in, buyers can post what they are after now. The need list is a different shape so I need to think it through. but I want to get there. Same with the data portability, I will see what I can do. The "Need List" is just a new idea that can incentivize people from thesame local area to join a marketplace or participate in p2p exchange of goods and services. If the members of your site, who could be merchants/sellers, create the NeedList (the list of what they need from other members) there is a high possibility that people from their local areas will join the site to fulfill the list. For example, you could state on your NeedList that you are from California and often buy Chickens, and occasionally Coffee, local sellers will find and inform you they sell them, or your site algorithm will recommend or pair you with chicken and coffee sellers, especially those who need things you sell (or who will likely buy things you sell). So, for example, you sell mineral water, you get paired with a member who sell chicken and often buy mineral water. He sells you chicken and buy your water whenever he needs them. The mutual trade is however not necessary, it's just a way to ensure that every member focus on fulfilling the needs of local members. it also acts as an incentive
|
▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄ ██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██ ▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄ ▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄ ▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄ ████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████ ██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████ ████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████ ▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀ ▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀ ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀ ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀ | | OrangeFren | | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | | | | ▄▄█████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀████▄ ███▀░░░░░░░▀███ ███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███ ███░░░░░█░░░░░███ ███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███ ███▄░░░░░░░▄███ ▀████▄▄▄████▀ █████████ ▐█████████▌ █████░█████ ▐████▌░▐████▌ ▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀ | | |
|
|
|
jhone225 (OP)
Newbie

Activity: 17
Merit: 4
|
 |
Today at 01:14:41 AM Last edit: Today at 02:10:43 AM by jhone225 Merited by TheButterZone (1) |
|
I put my key ID in my CashSats profile, it is also staked at Thanks TheButterZone, that is more than I expected and it made it easy to check. The 5 stars are on your profile now. Same offer to anyone else here. Sign up on CashSats, reply with your username, and if there is real history behind your account here you get the 5 stars on signup, marked as reputation carried over from Bitcointalk. The "Need List" is just a new idea that can incentivize people from the same local area to join a marketplace Thanks Ucy, that clears it up. The difference is it covers what someone buys again and again, not just once. One thing that keeps coming up though. Deals on CashSats are local pickup, so the buyer is heading out either way. For coffee or chicken he would just stop at the shop. The list probably works better for things you cannot just go out and buy. It might fit better once escrow is in, since escrow is what makes people comfortable ordering from a stranger and paying in bitcoin. I will see what I can do about the need list. Appreciate you taking the time on this.
|
|
|
|
|
|