Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2026, 11:14:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin’s biggest strength might not be its price  (Read 908 times)
KiaKia
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1526
Merit: 651


Rainbet


View Profile WWW
September 27, 2026, 01:36:08 PM
 #81

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I believe that the biggest strength of Bitcoin is it's utilities, the decentralised and proof of work is why I am so into the innovation, I would have no use for Bitcoin if it's not a store of value.

Some people will say that using Bitcoin for everyday transactions is where it fell off for them, like a old friend of mine likes to say but I always like it when I say it's not a must to use Bitcoin as money.

The option is just there, it's really not a must, some people will still find credit cards and PayPal options as better meanwhile I hate most of these centralised medium of payments, I want Bitcoin to win in this area too but it's never created to win in such area.

Cgrexp
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 644
Merit: 276


Financial sovereignty begins with Self-Custody


View Profile
September 27, 2026, 02:21:31 PM
 #82

I believe, when it comes to Bitcoin's value, one thing that isn't considered anymore, once it's boiled down to price, is settlement itself. The recipient and sender need not rely on each other if they use a different payment processor or bank to verify the transaction and settle the Bitcoin. That property can be beneficial even when the price starts to be constant. Indeed, a stable price may draw some investors away from Bitcoin as an investment and towards using it as a settlement network. Now the question was whether Bitcoin could be viable to make everyday payments, while still maintaining its decentralization and security.
A major feature of Bitcoin is that it can settle transactions without relying entirely on a third party. Transactions are verified and settled according to the rules of the network. How effective Bitcoin will be in everyday purchases will not only depend on decentralization or security. Transaction speed, fees, user convenience, and price fluctuations are also important. Users want to make payments quickly and easily for small, everyday transactions. Whether Bitcoin will remain just an investment asset in the future or will be used more as a means of settling transactions will depend largely on user needs and technological developments over time.

Neha2399
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 10
Merit: 2


View Profile
Today at 10:33:50 AM
 #83

Yes, I would still consider bitcoin valuable because as you said, I am behind the strengths and not just behind the monetary value. Bitcoins have given us the ability to make cross border payments in just a few clicks which was almost impossible in the early 20s'. Bitcoins have also opened various doors to earn a better living especially for unemployed individuals. I can't even compare bitcoins to the traditional financial systems because that is no match. I would always prefer bitcoins over fiat even if I can't use them for my daily expenses.

Those are the real challenges but they are solvable. If those challenges can be eradicated, bitcoins would just become perfect. We can't expect everything to be perfect so those challenges do not really bother me. I feel the positive outcomes are way bigger than these challenges.
Junii
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 336
Merit: 172


Not chasing hype just accumulating freedom


View Profile
Today at 11:33:03 AM
 #84

So I'm curious what others think:
If Bitcoin’s price stayed exactly where it is for the next 10 years, would you still consider Bitcoin valuable? Why or why not?

Bro first of all what you are saying is not possible but unfortunately if it happens i will still consider Bitcoin valuable even if the price stayed the same for 10 years because i did not choose Bitcoin only because i expect the number to go higher. For me the bigger value is having an asset that i can hold and transfer without needing a bank or any central authority or entity to approve it because for profits there are many other options available but bitcoin is freedom that is why i like it my relation with bitcoin is emotional even if i take a loss i do not mind because money comes and goes. What matters to me is that this decentralized gem does not lose its value or purpose.

Emitdama
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 2450
Merit: 387



View Profile
Today at 08:53:23 PM
 #85

BTC has many strengths and advantages, as you said, because it's a decentralized asset. Its advantages stem from its limited supply, among other things. However, most people currently want to buy BTC because it sees its price constantly rising and constantly breaking new ATHs. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, as the continued rise indicates a growing adoption rate.

Personally, I buy and invest in BTC to seek profit and also to protect my money from inflation, as the BTC price is constantly breaking new ATHs. Imagine if the BTC price didn't constantly rise and didn't break new ATHs, could BTC be considered inflation-proof when held long-term? Personally, if the BTC price didn't fluctuate and didn't constantly break new ATHs, I wouldn't invest in BTC because I'm looking for profit. In my opinion, the most important thing is to enjoy the BTC you have and enjoy your long-term investment in BTC. but to be honest, I still don't know enough about this so please understand if there are mistakes.
If you are only looking profits then yes, you might not always be with bitcoins because there would be times where the price would stick to the bottom for months or maybe years. I am sure you would prefer unloading your bag and exiting the market until you find a better entry level again. But for the rest, they believe in bitcoins. These people would continue holding bitcoins even if they are on the rock bottom or stay there for years. I am one of these people and believe in the long term future.

Bitcoin's are breaking ATH after a few years gap. This will continue in future but there would be a time when it might take forever to break ATH. Just try and believe in the benefits bitcoin offers at that time so you could consider holding at least a smaller chunk which you could afford to lose.

d5000
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4774
Merit: 11238


Decentralization Maximalist


View Profile
Today at 09:27:27 PM
 #86

In the German subforum I had started a thread to collect reasons to support Bitcoin other than the price. Actually a very similar premise to this thread Smiley

Eure besten Argumente für Bitcoin - außer der Preisentwicklung Smiley ("Your best arguments in favour of Bitcoin - except the price")

Some of the best posts I remember are, apart from the often mentioned advantages like censorship resistance, limited supply, ability to create an account which can't be canceled by a bank, and independence from governments:

- BTC has advanced the science about consensus mechanisms,
- it is a kind of democracy for money, where all users can bring in their own ideas to advance the protocol,
- it has a "healthy" influence on other forms of money, including fiat: its existence as a competitor ensures people do not depend entirely on fiat, and thus fiat has lost its monopoly
- it is the first truly global form of money, available for every citizen of all countries.

Feel free to translate the thread, there are lots of other interesting arguments Smiley


Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!