If there is a means for that to be installed then it would be more better as spending much for security will be more better than risking of getting hacked again. I will also encourage most these gambling companies to keep their security systems tight and more active to avoid future hacker.
If this is being used by large companies then there could be every possibility for that same to be implemented on gambling platforms or exchanges site so that they could be notified at their end to be at alert when there is any alteration.
Does this mean that there was no form of security check through their gateways at all? It takes a lot to get your keys compromised so they may have had some firewalls. Perhaps that's where the "
not your keys, not your coins" slogan comes in. If they present the priv keys, the system recognizes it and doesn't resist further so I think the SIEN would function better as a notifier in that case. We don't know the cost of that security checker but that's not a problem for them if they want it.
I think I read an update from the Cofounder where he spoke about long-term security measures.I also came across same post on their Ann thread where someone copied it from his Twitter post (x). I believe he is an expert or probably could hire an expert in security to help protect their system firmly.
Good. That means it's authentic news.
The thing is, hacker are actually deploying different strategies to exploit people, and we can't actually know the gambling site that could be targeting at the moment except it happens and news Carry's it before we could know. They do not usually announce their operations otherwise they could have strengthen their security system more stronger than before.
That's also correct, but it's impossible to launch an attack on several hot wallets all at once without getting the keys compromised. One move from them today can stand in as a solution, and I hope other casinos follow suit.
From the transaction hash, they moved several crypto via 4 different blockchains. They also swapped the stolen crypto across different channels--- that practically took some time, long enough for a standby security firewall or a bot to have raised an alarmed that would trigger an emergency shutdown till everything was rectified.