Bitcoin Forum
October 03, 2026, 07:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspicious PM from a newbie  (Read 634 times)
pewboy
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 742
Merit: 281


View Profile
September 29, 2026, 07:17:37 AM
 #21

I got this PM from a newbie, ElectrumwalletTeamAssist, and it causes me to suspect he's trying to pose as a representative of the official Electrum team.  He's not.  The subject shares similarity with the title of a thread pinned in the Electrum board, and the username itself is an obvious attempt to mislead those who may not know any better.  The official representatives of Electrum on the forum are ThomasV and ghost43.

Subject: How to Safely Download and Verify Electrum [Guide]

Hello there! We apologize for any inconvenience caused, kindly let us know if you still need any help?



I have reported the PM to admin.


Faking spam emails wasn't enough, now we also have forum accounts pretending to be support for something, obviously in the crypto field.
Isn't there a way to put an extra alert for "particular" names by default?
mikeywith
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3010
Merit: 7221


Privacy is not a crime.


View Profile
September 30, 2026, 09:56:26 PM
Merited by Zwei (1)
 #22

If you had played along, the next message would be "Sar, just send me your seed phrase and I will double all your BTC for you Sar!" Cheesy

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|..BTC......XMR...
..USDT.....LTC...
....Fees  0.8%.....
Zwei
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1448


Trêvoid █ No KYC-AML Crypto Swaps


View Profile
October 02, 2026, 08:12:39 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2026, 09:08:15 PM by Zwei
 #23

I received a very similar PM, but from a different account. Is this some new scam method?
User: OfficialSupportTeambitcoi
I cannot remember that I have ever participated in a similar discussion as the subject of this PM

i think there is someone/group that has been doing this support scam for a long time here on the forum.

last year i had something similar happen to me after posting a topic on the technical board: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5535453.0
but from the PM, i see they have changed how they run it.

you should have played along to see what their next move would have been, and maybe trolled them a bit while you are at it. it's fun messing with them  Grin
(edit: missed your reply where you already tried doing that. look at me embarrassing myself for not being able to read.)

If you had played along, the next message would be "Sar, just send me your seed phrase and I will double all your BTC for you Sar!" Cheesy
i could hear the sound reading this.

libert19
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1192


★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile WWW
October 02, 2026, 08:32:30 PM
Merited by Zwei (1)
 #24

...
you should have played along to see what their next move would have been, and maybe trolled them a bit while you were at it. it's fun missing with them  Grin

I replied to the PM I received, but there’s still no answer. I’m really curious to see what kind of suggestion or support they want to offer me.

PS: It's fun making those comments where you don't have to write a single letter.

║
★
║
.
.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]
║
★
║
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀
║
★
║
║
★
║
✔ Rainbot
✔ Daily Quests
✔ Faucet
alani123
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1858


αθάνατoς


View Profile
October 02, 2026, 08:41:11 PM
 #25

Why won't account engaging in PM scams because nuked immediately?


███████▄▄███▄███▄
███▄▄████████▌████▄
▄██████████████▐███▌
██▄███████████▌████▌
████████▀███████▐▌█
███████████████▌█▌▐
████████▄████████▐▐
██████████████████▌
███████████████▄██▄
██████████████▀▀▀
█████▀███▀▀▀

█▄▄▄██████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
████▌█████▀███▌█████▀▀███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▌█████▄███▌█████▄███▐███████████████████▄
▐████████████▀███████▄██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀
▐████████████▄██▄███████████▌█████████▄████▀
▐█████████▀██████████▌█████████████▄▄████▀
██████████▄█████▀████████▐███▌██▄██████▀
██████████████▀███▐███▌██████████████████████
████▀██████▀▀█████████▌███▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌
 
      P R E M I E R   B I T C O I N   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K      

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

  98%  
RTP

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

 HIGH 
ODDS

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀
 
..PLAY NOW..
ABCbits
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10402



View Profile
Today at 07:26:16 AM
 #26

I received a very similar PM, but from a different account. Is this some new scam method?
User: OfficialSupportTeambitcoi
Someone's been busy creating accounts:
--snip--
Note: Not all of those are scammers.
I only searched the last 20,000 accounts, so anything created in the last half year.

It looks like they also use different keyword when creating the account. For example, account LedgerRecovery created 4 spam reply, where one of them even claim almost certain chance to make recovery.



examplens
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4158
Merit: 5026



View Profile WWW
Today at 08:19:20 AM
 #27

It looks like they also use different keyword when creating the account. For example, account LedgerRecovery created 4 spam reply, where one of them even claim almost certain chance to make recovery.
Recently, with the help of Claude (I'm not a developer geek), I was making a similar script that needed to generate domain names for me using certain inputs. I was quite satisfied with the result, especially considering the time spent. This looks like a similar model to me.
The post itself is an offer to the desperate, but for further communication to be conducted in PM. A good way of filtering, because those who really contact via PM expecting some kind of solution or funds recovery already give a signal that they are naive and inclined to believe in such a thing. Easy to manipulate.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|..BTC......XMR...
..USDT.....LTC...
....Fees  0.8%.....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!