Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 04:20:54 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What has bitcoin taught you so far? What is your bitcoin story?  (Read 436 times)
Different patterns
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 658
Merit: 240



View Profile
October 05, 2026, 04:40:14 PM
 #21

Op you brought up a very important topic here, and I’m also glad to be among people that have story to tell in this particular thread. If anyone read and understand your original post, definitely the person most have one or two things to share, However, my bitcoin story is not different from many other people here, i had heard about bitcoin for a very long time now. even though I never took a step to invest in back then, but I believe that bitcoin have been exist for a long time, but I don’t know why people have interpreted in it, Op as you said, everyone has different reasons why they join bitcoin, which is true, and since when I joined bitcointalk have learned many things about bitcoin and others coins too, what really make bitcoin different from other coins. I also realized that learning in bitcoin doesn’t have an end, the more you learn, the more you discover another thing that you never thought about before. So looking at back then I think is one of investing part of bitcoin journey.

Queen Julie
Member
**
Online Online

Activity: 92
Merit: 74


View Profile
October 05, 2026, 05:10:42 PM
 #22

In life we all have this mentality that money comes from a source where everyone is putting head into meanwhile there are many places where many flows. Bitcoin is one place money flows with people congested in the trading part leaving behind the investment and the everyday usage of Bitcoin.

I have learn endurance, tolerance, patience, from different aspect of bitcoin. The discipline it is making me have to make financial decision is what I’m really grateful for.
BitBakerr1
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 658
Merit: 552



View Profile
October 06, 2026, 02:40:54 PM
 #23

My bitcoin journey has been an interesting one and I have been investing in bitcoin for a long time now and I am happy to announce that I have actually accumulated very good amount of bitcoin and I will keep accumulating and holding for more 10 years because I really want bitcoin to give me good profit and for that to happen, I need to calculate more and hold for a very long time, I truly believe in 10 years time the price of bitcoin is actually going to shock the world.

Sometimes I regret why I did not start bitcoin investment when bitcoin was created newly.

 
█▄
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT▀█ 
  THE #1 SOLANA CASINO  
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
........5,000+........
GAMES
 
......INSTANT......
WITHDRAWALS
..........HUGE..........
REWARDS
 
............VIP............
PROGRAM
 .
   PLAY NOW    
Makus
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1204
Merit: 520


Na JAH dey run am


View Profile WWW
October 06, 2026, 03:25:52 PM
 #24

I didn't really start my Bitcoin investment early as other people that took advantage of it but one thing I have learnt from so far is that there is no deadline or bad time to invest in Bitcoin, it all depends on your plan and how you want to make your investment. Instead of regretting not starting bitcoin investment on time it's important to take advantage of it while you still can. A lot of people assume that it's too late to invest in Bitcoin because others have made a lot from it but that's just a wrong mentality to have about this.

Lastly, I made some mistakes in the past because I didn't really prioritize having an investment fund, this led to selling my Bitcoin when I had emergency situations which affected my investment.

Nightwatchmare
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 560
Merit: 292



View Profile
October 06, 2026, 04:00:37 PM
 #25

I was not among the people who have the opportunity to know Bitcoin when the price was not up to a thousand dollar, but i knew about Bitcoin in 2024 from a friend of mine, and that friend introduced me to this forum which helped me know so many things about Bitcoin, and i was able to start my Bitcoin invest last year and sustain until now because of the knowledge i have gained from this forum. Even if knew about Bitcoin last year, if i could go back to when i discovered Bitcoin i would not have spend my money on things that did not add any value to my life i would have used the money to invest in Bitcoin.











██
██
██████
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
██████
██
██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████
 
 THE #1 SOLANA CASINO 
██████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
[
[
5,000+
GAMES
INSTANT
WITHDRAWALS
][
][
HUGE
   REWARDS   
VIP
PROGRAM
]
]
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
 
PLAY NOW
 

████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Obulis
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 868
Merit: 204


Bitz.io Best Bitcoin and Crypto Casino


View Profile
October 06, 2026, 04:29:06 PM
Merited by EstherBtc (2)
 #26

I heard of Bitcoin sometimes after it's inception but without any knowledge or proper knowledge of Bitcoin not until some few years after inception that I got better idea although little or negligible only better than just hearing of Bitcoin. All these was not based on personal research even, it was basically the news flying the street. However, after about 5 years of Bitcoin, it down on me to at least make a research personally and thank God google gave the much it has back then, not as if the knowledge I gathered was anything profound but it was far better than the time when all I knew about Bitcoin was the truth and lies flying the street about Bitcoin. All these were not without skepticism because of the news of ponzi scheme here and there also.

These skepticism took over my mind that before I know it, the thinking of Bitcoin was no were to be found. This was the case until a wake up to find myself among the "had I know" roup of humans about Bitcoin. The regret is so loud!!
The idea of using money that you can afford to lose (discretionary funds) was not there at all and I believe that contributed heavily to why I am among the people regretting why they didn't buy Bitcoin in the first place talk more of hodling. As for patience and savings, that was already part of someone's life but slack or weak idea of what Bitcoin actually is will make patient people to be impatient, like not knowing that Bitcoin is best when you hold for longer period of time.

Freeveto
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 507
Merit: 138



View Profile
October 06, 2026, 04:37:51 PM
 #27

So I'm curious to know

What has your Bitcoin journey looked like so far?

When did you first hear about Bitcoin?

What made you decide to take it seriously?

What has been your biggest lesson so far?

Have you ever sold too early or held through a major downturn?

Has Bitcoin changed the way you save or think about money?

And if you could go back to the day you first discovered Bitcoin, what would you do differently?

Whether you've been here for 10 years or 10 days.
I would like to hear your story.
Your questions are much I wonder what did you really wants to know.

Anyways, hearing about Bitcoin is usually through a friend or social media, but understanding it better is through this forum.
When I realized that Bitcoin is the safest way of investment, it saves your investment’s value and save you against inflation if you hold for long period of time. Because from Bitcoin price history, you will noticed that long term Bitcoin investment is better and will always result profitable than short term term investment don’t usually give much profit.

Tongley
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 266
Merit: 101


★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile
October 06, 2026, 05:16:24 PM
 #28

I was not among the people who have the opportunity to know Bitcoin when the price was not up to a thousand dollar, but i knew about Bitcoin in 2024 from a friend of mine, and that friend introduced me to this forum which helped me know so many things about Bitcoin, and i was able to start my Bitcoin invest last year and sustain until now because of the knowledge i have gained from this forum. Even if knew about Bitcoin last year, if i could go back to when i discovered Bitcoin i would not have spend my money on things that did not add any value to my life i would have used the money to invest in Bitcoin.

Yes, there are many who are still regretting not knowing about Bitcoin earlier. You are far ahead of those people who did not buy Bitcoin in the past and are now regretting it. There are many people who are currently regretting not buying Bitcoin in the past and are not buying it now. The person who is not buying Bitcoin yet, even after seeing the success of Bitcoin and having knowledge about Bitcoin, will always regret why they did not buy Bitcoin at that time.

The person who thinks that it is too late to invest should remember that person. For example, there are many people who are not yet familiar with Bitcoin or there are many, young boys and girls who do not have money to invest in Bitcoin or they do not know about Bitcoin. You are still a very lucky person who is getting the opportunity to buy Bitcoin much earlier than such a person.

Audrey Simmons
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 266
Merit: 122



View Profile
October 06, 2026, 05:54:29 PM
 #29

Bitcoin journey is one of the most intriguing and life changing story for many people, especially for those investors that believed in bitcoin when it was a couple cents, even when it was worth a few hundreds, till this moment. Most whales we see today are holders of bitcoin since it's earliest creation and now their investment is worth millions of dollars after 17 years.

Bitcoin had taught me about patience and dedication in spite of unfamiliar situations, that's a virtue that is needed to hold bitcoin investment steadfast to yield good profits.

Cryptomultiplier
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1596
Merit: 321



View Profile WWW
October 06, 2026, 06:10:54 PM
 #30

The first time I heard about Bitcoin from a friend, I didn't believe him because I thought it was a scam. It took me up to three years from that time till I actually learnt much about it and the difference from scam and ponzi schemes that it is.
I actually got interested in it and even began my accumulation journey when I got onto this forum and had a clear line sight of what Bitcoin is, how it can help me save without the bank having leverage over my finances in whatever way possible.

Bitcoin taught me independence, it taught me that I can achieve my goals if I am disciplined enough to accumulate it and wait for the right time to sell to make profit and since then, it hasn't been wrong with the expectations I have for it and what I experience today while being a user of Bitcoin.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████▄█████
█████████████████████████
███████████▀█████████████
█████████▀███▀██████▀████
██████████████████▄██████
█████████▄▄█▄▄███████████
██████████▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████▀█████
████████████████▀▀███████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
████████████████████████
 
EARNBET 
 
████████████████████████
|⚽ 🏀
 
🏈 🏓
 
🎯 🥊
 
⚾ 🎾
 
⛳ 🏐
 
🏏 🏎️
|


███████▄▄███████████
████▄██████████████████
██▄▀▀███████████████▀▀███
█▄████████████████████████
▄▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄██
███████████████████████████
█████████▌████▀████████████
███████████████████████████
▀▀███████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀▀██
█▀█████████████████████▀██
██▀▄▄███████████████▄▄███
████▀██████████████████
███████▀▀███████████

HIGHEST
VIP REWARDS

 ✔ G U A R A N T E E D   
|
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
 
🜲

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
KING OF
THE CASTLE

$200K in prizes
| 
[PLAY NOW]
Grace333
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 868
Merit: 275


Contributing to Bitcoin Network


View Profile WWW
October 07, 2026, 05:32:15 PM
 #31

The disicpline that I have been able to get from Bitcoin i apply this to other areas of life, an example of this is being consistent and patient, there's no way that anyone can succeed in bitcoin without being patient. The mistake that most people make is that they sell their coins not only due to fear of losing to the bear market but also not being patient enough to wait for the bullish season to recover their losses. One thing about the journey of bitcoin investment is that no one starts off being confident, this is something that's built overtime. It is okay to be skeptical about it at first, a lot of people that benefitted from it felt that way at the beginning but after understanding more about the market they became more patient and disciplined.











██
██
██████
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
██████
██
██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████
 
 THE #1 SOLANA CASINO 
██████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
[
[
5,000+
GAMES
INSTANT
WITHDRAWALS
][
][
HUGE
   REWARDS   
VIP
PROGRAM
]
]
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
 
PLAY NOW
 

████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
gracreavix
Full Member
***
Online Online

Activity: 448
Merit: 194



View Profile
October 08, 2026, 05:18:13 PM
 #32

For me it will be how much was I willing to risk to invest in Bitcoin using the DCA method. As we all know that not everyone has the same income and everyone earn differently. So as I understood DCA and the things involved, it made me to think about what to loose differently as it says about money.

 As I was willing to invest in Bitcoin, I had to understand the risk involved in risking money not meant for something important. As time went by, I began to develop another source of income in other to risk more. So I didn't have to increase my risk when my income cannot cope. So for me to increase my risk, my income as to increase too.

Pi-network314159
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 548


In love serve one another


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 10:09:49 PM
 #33

Everyone has a different Bitcoin story.

Some people discovered Bitcoin years ago and held through several cycles. Others are still learning what Bitcoin actually is. Some came because of investment, while others came because they wanted an alternative to the traditional financial system.

For me, one of the most interesting things about Bitcoin isn't just the price. It's how the journey can change the way a person thinks about money, saving, risk, and financial independence.

So I'm curious to know

What has your Bitcoin journey looked like so far?

When did you first hear about Bitcoin?

What made you decide to take it seriously?

What has been your biggest lesson so far?

Have you ever sold too early or held through a major downturn?

Has Bitcoin changed the way you save or think about money?

And if you could go back to the day you first discovered Bitcoin, what would you do differently?

Whether you've been here for 10 years or 10 days.
I would like to hear your story.
Well there are too many questions but few to answer, if am to be honest about the whole thing I will say that my Bitcoin journey has been so fine and the whole process made me took it so serious. Expecialy the privacy and it decentralized nature. It is limited in supply and this makes it to be scars unlike fiat that is printed all the time causing inflation.
My biggest lesson is never to underestimate what you don't know, or don't critics what you don't know how it is going to end. Because many people who criticed Bitcoin and never see the potential in it are regretting not taking the Golden opportunity seriously. I heard about Bitcoin earlier but was not curious or courageous enough to investigate or know about it until it made people millionaire. Lastly Bitcoin change my mentality about how I see money.

█████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀██▀█████████████
███████▀▀████▄▄████▀█████████
█████████▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄███████
████████▀▀████████████▀▀█▀▀██
████████████▀▀█▀▀▄██████▄████
███████▄▄████████████▀███████
███████████▄███████▄▄█▄▄█████
███████▀▀████████████████████
███████████▀█████▀▀█▀▀███████
███████▄▄██████████▄▄████████
███████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
█████████████████████████████
 
 
 🕶 NO KYC 
|🜲 
VIP ❯❯❯❯
TRANSFER
| 
WEEKLY
RAKEBACK
|
| 
  PLAY NOW   
BigJo$h
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 5
Merit: 0


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 11:39:18 PM
 #34

Everyone has a different Bitcoin story.

Some people discovered Bitcoin years ago and held through several cycles. Others are still learning what Bitcoin actually is. Some came because of investment, while others came because they wanted an alternative to the traditional financial system.

For me, one of the most interesting things about Bitcoin isn't just the price. It's how the journey can change the way a person thinks about money, saving, risk, and financial independence.

So I'm curious to know

What has your Bitcoin journey looked like so far?

When did you first hear about Bitcoin?

What made you decide to take it seriously?

What has been your biggest lesson so far?

Have you ever sold too early or held through a major downturn?

Has Bitcoin changed the way you save or think about money?

And if you could go back to the day you first discovered Bitcoin, what would you do differently?

Whether you've been here for 10 years or 10 days.
I would like to hear your story.
Well as for me I will say I first learn about bitcoin since 2024 from a friend but don't take it serious not untill early 2026 when my brother told me about it then I was like doubting it and I ask him have you made any profit on it and he reply no..but he have someone who is benefiting from it then I laugh and told him you have someone not you . That's he's not serious that when he start benefiting from it and he show me evidence then I will start then I forget about it not untill when he start benefiting from it and he shows it to me then I start telling him that he should put me through the. He said one thing to me that not him putting me through that I need to go and learn everything about bitcoin first after then I should come back to him and he will tell me some things he also know ...... That's where my journey started I started making my own finding about it I make sure I understand it to my own understanding to avoid any mistakes so after then I went back to him and he asked me some questions I replied and he added to my explanation then I create an account and he put me through........
First I think bitcoin is an investment platform where you invest your money and cash out big in less than some month but me making my own research about it I understand that it's not so and I get the meaning of it in my own understanding and I also watch more videos on YouTube about it and I asked some people that have been into it for so long to get it more clear to me
letteredhub
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1344
Merit: 346


Never breaking the rules isn't weakness.


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 11:57:21 PM
 #35

In life we all have this mentality that money comes from a source where everyone is putting head into meanwhile there are many places where many flows. Bitcoin is one place money flows with people congested in the trading part leaving behind the investment and the everyday usage of Bitcoin.
Money don't flow with bitcoin because bitcoin is a currency that retains value which you can convert your fiat to as long as you are not intending on withdrawing so quickly but leaving it there as a savings, an investment and hedge over inflation. There are many legitimate services anyone can render to earn bitcoin as an income payment but not as somewhere which money flows.

Hekah Kryptonite
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 3
Merit: 0


View Profile
Today at 12:16:18 AM
 #36

Everyone has a different Bitcoin story.



And if you could go back to the day you first discovered Bitcoin, what would you do differently?


To say the least, I would have bought Bitcoin with my entire savings. I couldn't differentiate between this treasure and Ponzi schemes. I still want to cry whenever I remember.
Alonso_
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 420
Merit: 225



View Profile
Today at 03:54:36 AM
 #37

I’m not an early bitcoin investor, I heard about bitcoin for a long time, but i didn’t have what it takes to get started as a discretionary income to get started, because I was still a student so I didn’t have any source of income to get started, it was when I started working and I had a discretionary money that was when I could start investing, something that made me to start investing in Bitcoin is the decentralization of Bitcoin where you have full control of your assets, however when I started I was actually struggling because I was always thinking about volatility of the market, but keeping consistency have been something that have helped me to navigate volatility, the privacy that bitcoin gives is very important you can stay in your home and buy bitcoin, and hold for a long time and nobody will know if you choose to tell nobody. You can stay in your house and do your bitcoin transactions.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!