The only data we have when it comes to volatile asset market like bitcoin is historical data. Everyone is depending on historical data to make analysis and give their speculation of the future price of bitcoin. Nobody knows the future to know precisely what bitcoin price would be, whether you're trading or investing, use funds that doesn't scare you to use and bury that greed and impatient so you don't hit a rock bottom before you practically start.
Well, I think you can also speculate on future price not only by depending on historical data but on upcoming regulations, adoptions, and so on. For example, if Clarity Act is passing, the price could potentially go up even further.
Depending solely on historical data only true if you are day traders, you trade daily and news about regulation and adoption don't often come by that fast. I used historical data to invest but I reinforced the thesis with current fundamental and upcoming development, for example I invested into ETH because i'm seeing a good conviction from BitMine and upcoming ethereum improvement proposal.