The moral of the story here is don't steal a winning ticket, because some casinos can confirm who owns the ticket, and there are CCTVs to monitor everything in the vicinity, and you cannot fool the casino just because you have the ticket.
In the past, you could do it because casinos had a " has ticket can claim" policy.
An Indiana woman is facing felony charges for allegedly trying to cheat casino staff by cashing in a winning sports betting ticket despite knowing the winnings were already taken. Luckily, surveillance footage was enough to detect the attempt and prevent the alleged theft.
According to staff, the suspect claimed her earlier companion had given her the ticket to cash, which the winner denied.
Blue Chip Customer Suspected of Fraud AttemptDo you have this kind of story in your local casinos?
It happens all the time. We have people that always try to steal or take advantage in everything that involves money as an outcome and gambling is not an exception.
I remember one time someone walked up to me with a winning ticket, but this one wasn't claimed yet and I still had it sitting in my wallet. The problem was, I knew damn well he wasn't the person who booked those games and that the original owner of that ticket might have misplaced it because he, apparently was a drunk. So I withheld the payment and although, he pressured and even requested to see the manager, I refused to pay him.
After retrieving the ticket, he was asked a few questions like what teams he selected and options he chosed, just to be sure he was the owner, but as expected he fumbled and was later arrested.