Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 10:35:52 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Calculation of mBTC and Satoshi to USDT (USD)  (Read 328 times)
Abu-Naim
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1302
Merit: 427



View Profile WWW
October 06, 2026, 03:03:09 PM
 #21


That is 1 Satoshi is $0.00085389. Example. The current price of Bitcoin $85, 389 divided by 100,000,000 ( $85,389 ÷ 100,000,000 = 0.00085389). Therefore if you are paid 5000 Satoshi per post, you will times (x) it with the final results which is 5000 Satoshi x 0.00085389 = $4.26945 then you times (x) it again and to the total post of the week. Which might be 20 posts. $4.26945 x 20 = $85.389.
That is the simple manual calculation. Many of us especially our newbies get confused if they here mBTC, sats, and even micro BTCs; but for simple calculations, using 1BTC as reference.
1BTC = 0.0001 mBTC that is by deciding by 1000 as you had explained.

For easy understanding especially for some of us who finds it difficult using calculators to calculate it, we can use some tools like that of Bitmover as stated above, and other tools you can see online. They are useful and makes it looks easy to access and knows the value using different units.
You can visit these tools This tool, and also this tool.

promise444c5
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1232


All things are numbers


View Profile WWW
October 06, 2026, 07:46:42 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2026, 08:00:23 PM by promise444c5
 #22

I was never able to purchase a .data domain.

I tried in namecheap and namesilo, but they are not available there, although they exist

I guess is restricted or something.. can’t really tell, I tried to search all the services I know but none, not even one allowed the “.data”.

[edit]
I think it’s not open for the general public:
https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/125342/what-is-the-status-of-the-data-tld

You mean BTC? Electrum default is mBTC, not sure it’s now “used to” because I’m still behind even with the one that actively connects to the internet, which is 4.6.x, the android version has also been set to BTC since I installed it..
The default unit is bitcoin BTC as I remember.

The  electrum/simple_config.py#L548
Code:
def get_base_unit(self):
        return decimal_point_to_base_unit_name(self.BTC_AMOUNTS_DECIMAL_POINT)
Sets base unit and the BTC_AMOUNTS_DECIMAL_POINT has a “default “ config which is DECIMAL_POINT_DEFAULT in electrum/simple_config.py#L880
Code:
 BTC_AMOUNTS_DECIMAL_POINT = ConfigVar('decimal_point', default=DECIMAL_POINT_DEFAULT, type_=int) 

That DECIMAL_POINT_DEFAULT is 5, and 5 is the base unit for mBTC

electrum/util.py#L105
Code:
base_units = {'BTC':8, 'mBTC':5, 'bits':2, 'sat':0}

………..

DECIMAL_POINT_DEFAULT = 5  # mBTC

I guessed you tried update right?.. that would still preserve your setting  if already set to BTC as default base unit.

bitmover
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3178
Merit: 7844


Trêvoid █ No KYC-AML Crypto Swaps


View Profile WWW
October 07, 2026, 12:48:39 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2026, 10:45:47 AM by bitmover
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), examplens (1), promise444c5 (1)
 #23

Also find similar site, aside from that tool created by bitmover.



Here's the site https://cloudminecrypto.com/bitcoin-unit-converter


This one is great calculator to https://cryptocalk.com/unit-converter since this one also have calculation for other top alts.

My tools are getting famous, it is inspiring other websites.  Cool

Same design, same name, same units, same fiat currencies.

Look @examplens, one more!

I will add mine here as reference:


https://bitcoindata.science/bitcoin-units-converter

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|..BTC......XMR...
..USDT.....LTC...
....Fees  0.8%.....
Mate2237 (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1596
Merit: 690


Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013


View Profile WWW
October 07, 2026, 07:47:59 PM
 #24

Many people in the forum don't know how to calculate mBTC and Satoshi to USDT and here I am making it very simple for those who don't know it before. The first thing to know is the current price of bitcoin before you start your your calculation. I will be using USDT for the calculation or the division to get the accurate number or rate of the mBTC or Satoshi because it is equivalent with USD.
There are available sites and tools as calculators and converters for your need and you can save a lot of time by using converters.

https://bitbo.io/satoshi-usd/
https://coinguides.org/satoshi-usd-converter/
https://www.kraken.com/learn/satoshi-to-usd-converter
https://www.publicsofttools.com/tools/satoshi-converter

The general trend is satoshi purchasing power has increased over years.
https://charts.bitbo.io/satoshi-per-dollar/
https://newhedge.io/bitcoin/satoshi-per-dollar


There are available sites and tools as calculators and converters for your need and you can save a lot of time by using converters.


I was about saying that you’re much better off with using tools that coverts it easily. Because OP even made list for just two units of bitcoin while there are lots of other units.

My best converter tool wasn’t even listed here by you. It’s the one developed by bitmover, you have access to almost all units of bitcoin at once and also the price in the currency you so desire and this is way simple in my opinion


https://bitcoindata.science/bitcoin-units-converter

I konw that there are apps and websites that can do the calculation and I decided to still bring the simple way to the forum in case anyone is interested to use this. oh yes I made a list of just two unit but it can be use to calculate any number of units. I only gave or show how it works. And once the person got the basic, the rest will be easier. I haven't seen bitmover's tool's website, and if I did, I would have added the link in the op.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!