-snip-
Hi everyone. New account, been reading for a while. I want to try one of the smaller no-KYC swap platforms for a Monero swap, but I keep finding horror threads about funds sitting "frozen by the liquidity provider" for months.
If you characterize them as small platfrom due to their low liquidity, your order might be delayed until they have sufficient funds to complete it.
-snip-
Is that just how this industry works, or is it a red flag for specific platforms?
Yes, DEXs do carry a higher risk of settlement delays or even failures, though not all platforms share the same risk level.
-snip-
What would you check before sending anything non-trivial through an instant exchange? I'd rather learn from people who've been through it than find out the expensive way. Any advice welcome.
- I would check whether they are transparent regarding their liquidity addresses (verifiable) and capable of settling my transaction.
- There are no checks on the legality of the source of funds, as they typically do not operate under a license.