Today was my sign out and I decided to do cake for myself, I reached out to the baker and we discussed, I just wanted to pay with bitcoin and luckily he accepts crypto so I pay him with bitcoin, it was a smooth transaction.
That was my first time using bitcoin to pay for something here in Nigeria.
Congratulations on your sign out, truly e no easy.
I have done a few transactions myself and although the adoption is there and the practical usage is real, I know for a lot of Nigerian businesses, it will still take time for them to adjust and adopt as well but definitely we can see progress as we have come a long way collectively.
Even in my own business I recently just started collecting crypto as payment, not like if someone had offer to pay in Crypto I won't have accepted but actually it was because this particular client wanted to pay in Crypto that's when I just said "yea, I accept crypto payments". So I know for sure, time is all it will take but adoption is definitely growing