We have witnessed this being said for 15 years already and this might be the only place in the cryptospace where much people declare that we are still early.
The skeptical me is thinking that these people here are not holding much bitcoin or they are only wishfully hoping that it is still early.
And I think the reason why that statement is usually being said by some Bitcoiners is because they knows and they believe that Bitcoin still have a lot of higher price to reach. Meaning that if someone buys today at $85k per coin and they decided to hold it for 10 or 30 years period, the outcome is that price must have gotten far above todays price and at that time in the future, price won't come down to what it is now.
As for me who is not holding enough Bitcoin that I wished to have, I still consider myself being early, 20-30 or more years from now that's when some people will still be thinking of wanting to invest in Bitcoin, at time, they will be considered later investors by us who has bought now and still buying.
I guess that those oldies (like yourself) that has been buying Bitcoin since 2010 to 2020 will consider people that are buying now as being late to the party, and probably that's how people that are buying now will also consider people that will buy in 2050 as being late too.