Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:06:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OPPORTUNITY] Invest in a working mining operation  (Read 3621 times)
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2011, 01:49:21 AM

now, a more important question, i think, is how do investors know they can trust you not to just walk away with the cash?

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gusti (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 02:03:44 AM

now, a more important question, i think, is how do investors know they can trust you not to just walk away with the cash?

Good question. I have good reputation, both here and outside.
Banking, commercial references, you may visit and know me in person.

Most important, I think, is that mining operation is already up and successful.
Lot of work was done, scammers don't like to work so hard.   Wink

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2011, 02:15:56 AM

so i guess you would be ok with any potential investors querying you for this information?

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
gusti (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 02:43:54 AM

so i guess you would be ok with any potential investors querying you for this information?

Sure I will be ok with queries. For this information not being disclosed beyond control,
I think investors may name any reputable member to make this due dilligence, and be
the depository of the backing documents.

Additionally, he may also escrow the grow of the mining operation, releasing funds anytime
a rig is added to the network.  Smiley

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 04:44:30 AM

What you are proposing is essentially a one year business bond.  The problem is that it's unsecured and includes currency risks.  3% isn't enough interest. 

<snip>

he said 3% per month, not per year. that comes out to about 42.5% per year

My mistake.  Thanks for pointing this out.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2011, 07:32:31 AM

With regards paying investors, if you list on the upcoming stock exchange you can pay dividends to all shareholders, then there can be a lot of small investors, even as little as one share, whatever value that may hold. This has no overhead, all you really need to worry about is drawing up  detailed share certificate/contract, then you can sell that a thousand or more times.

If you plan to give shareholders voting rights the system supports that too, one share equals one vote, allowing you to put resolutions to your members and get the opinion based on share ownership.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 05:17:27 PM

I'm not sure if this plan is something I'd be interested in (still thinking about it), but just want to mention that I purchased quite a large sum of coins (4-figure) from gusti which I paid for via WU... I sent first and gusti did send me the coins.

Gusti, if you're paying back capital in USD and interest in BTC, interest is 42% p.a. and BTC is (perhaps) growing in value, is that not like paying MORE than 42% p.a. interest on a standard USD loan?

Would you want investors that only want USD in and USD out? (Not me, I'm just throwing the idea around Smiley).

gusti (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 06:05:51 PM

I'm not sure if this plan is something I'd be interested in (still thinking about it), but just want to mention that I purchased quite a large sum of coins (4-figure) from gusti which I paid for via WU... I sent first and gusti did send me the coins.

Gusti, if you're paying back capital in USD and interest in BTC, interest is 42% p.a. and BTC is (perhaps) growing in value, is that not like paying MORE than 42% p.a. interest on a standard USD loan?

Would you want investors that only want USD in and USD out? (Not me, I'm just throwing the idea around Smiley).

Thanks for your confidence. Hoping to make more trades with you in the future.

Yes, paying a part or all in BTC, will benefit the investor if BTC is revaluing over the repayment time.
That's the main idea on investing in a working mining operation : the produced is naturally in BTC.
And to honour your idea, I updated the offer with the 3 options at investor choice (pls see post #1).

Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 06:38:03 PM

For every USD 1000 you invest, you will be paid 12 x USD 114

Well see the point that I was probably trying to get to with an all USD deal, is why would you pay out such a massive amount in interest, when you could just get $1000 on a credit card at 16% p.a. to fund your mining?

gusti (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 07:05:08 PM

For every USD 1000 you invest, you will be paid 12 x USD 114

Well see the point that I was probably trying to get to with an all USD deal, is why would you pay out such a massive amount in interest, when you could just get $1000 on a credit card at 16% p.a. to fund your mining?

That question has many answers :

- Money is not so cheap here. Credit cards interest average is 30% + VAT
http://www.econoblog.com.ar/9324/intereses-de-la-tarjetas-de-credito-pagando-pago-minimo/

- I prefer to deal with investors, not with banks. Do we need banks at all ?  Smiley

- Operating costs are low, so I'm able to make the offer more attractive.

- I wish investors being my associates, rather than compete with them.  Wink

gusti (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2011, 02:37:26 AM

Offer is still open to 20k investing, 3 options available (see post #1)

demonofelru

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 14, 2011, 03:12:37 AM

Like I said wire and WU are terribly bad for me is there anyway for another maybe mtgox transfer or something?  Also the minimum is 500? That's quite a bit.

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...
gusti (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2011, 03:25:45 AM

Like I said wire and WU are terribly bad for me is there anyway for another maybe mtgox transfer or something?  Also the minimum is 500? That's quite a bit.

Now I will also accept BTC at mtgox close price of the day, only with option number 2 (see post #1)
As for the minimum, I would like to keep number of investors low, to reduce administrative overhead.
Anyway, I will make an exception to the first 5 investors, with a minimum of USD100 or btc.

So, if you invest let's say 100 btc, you will be paid 12 x 11.33 btc.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: