Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:46:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica: How it works  (Read 15443 times)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 08:29:50 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2012, 08:45:07 PM by Otoh

I do think that it's a bit off that I can't even withdraw the same amount of bitcoins & cash that I deposited there, BTC 300 & $33

I gambled with these on high leverage & have an unrealised profit of well over $1,000 which I'm using to support an open long position

Back in Thanksgiving time I shorted with very high leverage & closed out with about a $600 loss that I paid in $ cash for to free up my Btc 300 again for round two so technically until I close out my position I am still well down even after I (hopefully) get to withdraw my initial stake

mumblemumblemumble

message now re withdrawal of my funds, same with: "about 2 hours ago"

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 08:48:00 PM

I had similar issues, I found this. It was sorted within 24hrs.

http://help.bitcoinica.com/discussions/questions/56-withdrawal-of-usd-as-mt-gox-coupon-displays-pending-approval

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 08:58:50 PM

Out of curiosity I've decided to see what bitcoinica is all about with 1BTC.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 08:58:59 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2012, 12:28:06 AM by Otoh

many thanks, it says there:

Mt. Gox gives us a withdrawal limit. This means we can only withdraw so much each day on behalf of our clients. You should be able to access your Mt. Gox code after 24-48 hours. I'm sorry about the inconvenience, but our hands are tied in the matter. I suggest only using the Bitcoin network (you can even withdraw directly to your Mt. Gox deposit address) for withdrawals and deposits.
Thank you for trading with Bitcoinica,
-Jon

& WhyTF didn't bitcoinica just not make this clear on the withdrawals page, of corse I could have used my Mt.Gox deposit address instead - if I had known or if they had told me that they were maxed out Angry (not actually Angry but I can imaging that many would be over this kind of so easily avoidable BS)

like choose this option & your funds will be then locked down for (edit now 6 hrs plus) - just say so ffs how hard is that to let peeps know

Mushoz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 09:01:05 PM

Mt. Gox gives us a withdrawal limit. This means we can only withdraw so much each day on behalf of our clients. You should be able to access your Mt. Gox code after 24-48 hours. I'm sorry about the inconvenience, but our hands are tied in the matter. I suggest only using the Bitcoin network (you can even withdraw directly to your Mt. Gox deposit address) for withdrawals and deposits.
-Jon

& WhyTF didn't bitcoinica just not make this clear on the withdrawals page, of corse I could have used my Mt.Gox deposit address instead - if I had known or if they had told me that they were maxed out  Angry (not actually but I can imaging that many would be over this kind of so easily avoidable BS)

Hmm, try contacting support. They can probably cancel your withdrawal, so you can withdraw over the Bitcoin Network instead.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:02:06 PM

get 10 times leverage authorised & choose a big momentum wave with no quick spike backs, let it ride up to $66.66666 & then cash out, good luck actually trying to extract the $s from Khou's kung fu grip tho

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:03:27 PM

Yeah it took me ages to find this info.

I was able to cancel my BTC through the site and just do a normal withdrawal to my mtgox wallet.

For USD I just had to sit it out.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:08:03 PM

get 10 times leverage authorised & choose a big momentum wave with no quick spike backs, let it ride up to $66.66666 & then cash out, good luck actually trying to extract the $s from Khou's kung fu grip tho

I have no fucking clue what I'm doing.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:08:21 PM

-Jon

& WhyTF didn't bitcoinica just not make this clear on the withdrawals page, of corse I could have used my Mt.Gox deposit address instead - if I had known or if they had told me that they were maxed out  Angry (not actually but I can imaging that many would be over this kind of so easily avoidable BS)

Hmm, try contacting support. They can probably cancel your withdrawal, so you can withdraw over the Bitcoin Network instead.
many thanks, unfortunately I now need my 480 minutes of sleep (as Mt.Gox live puts it) so I'll just let it ride, at least a learning experience & not an immediate need case for once

Mushoz (OP)

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 09:09:00 PM

I have no fucking clue what I'm doing.

Haha, good luck Cheesy Let's hope for beginners luck Wink Protip: Don't short the market atm :p

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:10:49 PM

I think I'm doing it wrong  Tongue, but I don't know:

Mushoz (OP)

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 09:12:19 PM

You're doing it right Smiley You just went long with your 5:1 leverage with 1 BTC backing it =) You're currently in the red, because of the spreads. If it's going to move up, your profit will increase. If it moves down, your losses will become greater. Just sit tight and watch it closely now Wink

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:14:32 PM

You're doing it right Smiley You just went long with your 5:1 leverage with 1 BTC backing it =) You're currently in the red, because of the spreads. If it's going to move up, your profit will increase. If it moves down, your losses will become greater. Just sit tight and watch it closely now Wink

Haha, ok.  Watching.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:15:58 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2012, 09:29:27 PM by Otoh

yep you're doing good, don't mess with it until you're either wiped out by some pidley little spike down or have lotsa $ unrealised profit as the bitcoin price soars, basically just let it ride in to 2017

what your doing is gambling 5 times your 1 Btc stake so you are exposed to 5 times any price drop which will quickly get you zhoutonged (an experience in itself) or if the normal rules of gambler's beginners luck holds then the price will now soar & every time you hit say $60 or so say of unrealised profit you could buy more longs, by 2033 you could be browsing catalogues for 50 foot yachts

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:19:13 PM

Or just add 1 BTC Limit Sells at 6.35, 6.40, 6.45, 6.50.  Wait until it hits 6.5, then rinse and repeat compounding your 50cent profit back into your bitcoin reserves.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:23:54 PM

Shocked

PROUDHON WENT LONG!

(BFL)^2 < 0
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:29:19 PM

I don't understand sorry, I started with a 300Btc deposit & went long 300 a while back, when the price rose I increased the number of bitcoins that I was long with leverage now I would like to know if I can retain my original 300 Btc long position  by selling bitcoins or do I have to liquidate the whole position (or sell all little by little) in order to release the $ profit for withdrawal - sry to be such a trading noob

I am pretty sure you can't cash profits out into your currency account without closing your whole position, unfortunately.  (This means selling to zero, overshooting can keep the position open).

You should be able to pull out approx currency account balance - position size/leverage (though I recommend keeping a bit more than necessary so you don't immediately get liquidated if the market moves against you).

Withdrawal limits are a big problem.  They have always gone through in less than 3 days for me, usually around 24 hours. Technically, it is Gox's "fault" but zhou should really implement a separate withdrawal wallet for this situation.
Mushoz (OP)

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 09:33:18 PM

Shocked

PROUDHON WENT LONG!

BUY BUY BUY!!!  Grin

bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 09:45:27 PM

has anyone used the trailing stop?

i just bought 100btc at 6,3683 with a trailing at 6.
The price is now at 6,3642 but my trailing has been increasing and is now at 6,17 and I cancelled it.

Did the spread get smaller? or have i missed something ? this was in the space of 12 minutes

Mushoz (OP)

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 09:47:01 PM

has anyone used the trailing stop?

i just bought 100btc at 6,3683 with a trailing at 6.
The price is now at 6,3642 but my trailing has been increasing and is now at 6,17 and I cancelled it.

Did the spread get smaller? or have i missed something ? this was in the space of 12 minutes

Spreads got smaller and the price was moving up, moving the trailing stop up as well

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: