Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC Fast-Hash One Prospector 512GH/s 0.7w/GH - Setup Guide [Self Moderated]  (Read 14354 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
computerjesus

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:09:27 AM

between the 2 of us its only 14 prospectors. but i dont have them anymore. i returned them to ken in hopes for an exchange for working ones. I wish i would have tried this sd image on the raspberry pi before i returned them but im thinking its the same image as on the pi ken gave me. these are supposed to be quality checked so when he said that these should plug and play with the pi he sent me i have to assume that they are all non functioning. he was supposed to get back to me on friday but apparently didnt get into the office until late. im expecting to hear from him on sat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magzy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:26:26 PM

between the 2 of us its only 14 prospectors. but i dont have them anymore. i returned them to ken in hopes for an exchange for working ones. I wish i would have tried this sd image on the raspberry pi before i returned them but im thinking its the same image as on the pi ken gave me. these are supposed to be quality checked so when he said that these should plug and play with the pi he sent me i have to assume that they are all non functioning. he was supposed to get back to me on friday but apparently didnt get into the office until late. im expecting to hear from him on sat.

So did he exchange them?
Or are you getting a refund?
From the sounds of it you're getting an exchange?
Just be careful with that guy. I don't trust that fucker.
rogerli9

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:19:20 PM

So did anyone other than bar graphics get one of these that work.....Huh??

I've been watching this closely :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=491609.0

Update [April 21 2014]   Computerjesus and Kodemadge are friends and they were talking about the same order I've updated the DOA rate to 60% accordingly.

So, of the 25 known boards ordered:

15 Delivered are dead on arrival (computerjesus/ Kodemadge)
4 didn't get delivered (emjay47)
4 delivered and working. (2 to bargraphics & 2 to 'unknown user')
1 Delivered (of 5) waiting for confirmation of working unit (emjay47)

If you're still having issues with it then go to the hash fast baby jet forum as it's the same card: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426644.0

Might as well add onto this have been talking to emjay47 for the past couple of weeks. I ordered 6 prospectors on 2014-04-02 16:38:06 and they have been shipped on their website on the 2014-04-11 21:50:53,
Still no signs of a single boards, Ken has told me that he is finally shipping them but he said FedEx has problems with my address so i resent him the address and i am seeing if he will ship them today, I will give you an update today  ASAP.
Thanks
magzy

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:54:07 PM

So did anyone other than bar graphics get one of these that work.....Huh??

I've been watching this closely :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=491609.0

Update [April 21 2014]   Computerjesus and Kodemadge are friends and they were talking about the same order I've updated the DOA rate to 60% accordingly.

So, of the 25 known boards ordered:

15 Delivered are dead on arrival (computerjesus/ Kodemadge)
4 didn't get delivered (emjay47)
4 delivered and working. (2 to bargraphics & 2 to 'unknown user')
1 Delivered (of 5) waiting for confirmation of working unit (emjay47)

If you're still having issues with it then go to the hash fast baby jet forum as it's the same card: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426644.0

Might as well add onto this have been talking to emjay47 for the past couple of weeks. I ordered 6 prospectors on 2014-04-02 16:38:06 and they have been shipped on their website on the 2014-04-11 21:50:53,
Still no signs of a single boards, Ken has told me that he is finally shipping them but he said FedEx has problems with my address so i resent him the address and i am seeing if he will ship them today, I will give you an update today  ASAP.
Thanks

Thanks for the info - I'll update the unofficial thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=491609.0

If anyone else has any more orders to add to the list then feel free to contribute there.
emkay47

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:58:32 AM

Dude my remaining 4 prospector boards were received today .
Ken has now completed my order fully .

BTC : 1JL5qWRebJ6syr51UjCu7q7SvXyzcGwpLf

https://coinsecure.in | Buy and Sell Bitcoin in India Now !! | coinsecure™ | connecting India to Bitcoin !™
computerjesus

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:01:23 AM

But do they work? You never even said if the single board you got worked.
emkay47

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 11:04:54 AM

Hey , sorry i forgot to post it here earlier .
My 1 board which i received earlier works perfectly and have been on since then .

I just received these 4 boards , will be going to my DC in a few hours to hook them up .
Will update it here .

https://coinsecure.in | Buy and Sell Bitcoin in India Now !! | coinsecure™ | connecting India to Bitcoin !™
emkay47

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 03:28:21 PM

I don't know , I installed 3 of the 4 boards , and all the three are showing some '' ZOMBIE '' error on CGMINER .
After trying again and again , 1 of them is getting hash on at 300GH /s for sometime , then again going to ''ZOMBIE'' .

I am using a single scrypt for all my boards , which also includes my 1st delivered board , which has been showing 800GH/s on CGMINER for a week now .

Somehow , eligius is not accesible right now , i guess the webpage is down . So i can't check the stats on eligius .
But this what it is on CgMiner -

HFA 1 - 800GH/s apx. ( @ Eligius 500-600GH/s )
HFA 2 - 300GH/s apx.
HFA 3 - ZOMBIE
HFA 4 - ZOMBIE

I have not yet hooked up the last remaining card . Its late here , will do that tommorow .

Also when it goes to ZOMBIE , it shows some libusb error .
I have no idea what it is .
I am gonna go through threads tonight to look for a solution , if there is any .

Someone a bit help please .
And i am ready to offer 0.2 BTC to anyone who can fix this over Team Viewer or through any other sharing .

I don't know what is going wrong . I just want them to get hashing already .

computerjesus

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:31:11 PM

Lol sound doa to me.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:36:02 PM

Hey just got back from being out of town since last Monday,

I had Zombie errors too with my boards, I think it might be related to the board not getting enough power but cannot confirm because my issue kind of disappeared by itself, now I only get Zombie if one of the PSUs are not on.

To troubleshoot the boards only connect one at a time and see if they load up.
emkay47

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:26:30 PM

I had Zombie errors too with my boards, I think it might be related to the board not getting enough power but cannot confirm because my issue kind of disappeared by itself, now I only get Zombie if one of the PSUs are not on.

I just under clocked them again at 500 . Both my working boards are giving approx 600GH/s on cgminer .
My other 2 boards still don't seem to work .

I'll reconnect them again tomorrow after rechecking the power wiring again .

On CgMiner , It also said something '' Thermal overload tripped ! '' .
It sometimes accepts a share or two , then again goes to ''Zombie'' .

The temperature never rises on the Zombie Board , it remains at 17C then goes to Zombie .

Bargraphics

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:34:39 PM

I just under clocked them again at 500 . Both my working boards are giving approx 600GH/s on cgminer .

The temperature never rises on the Zombie Board , it remains at 17C then goes to Zombie .

Never ran into that,

Maybe the water cooler isn't correct set or it could even be too tight which is known to cause issue.
emkay47

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:50:08 PM

Never ran into that,

Maybe the water cooler isn't correct set or it could even be too tight which is known to cause issue.

Ya maybe , Ill reconnect everything 2mro .
I hope they work .

ActM Thread (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:06:26 AM

New product: Gold rush
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=591368.0
Bargraphics

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:50:28 AM

These are used hashfast baby jet boards that have known problems. one of which is a broken temperature sensor and a firmware problem.

If you go onto the hashfast baby jet users thread - they may be able to help you but ut would seem you have a dead on arrival card. File a warranty claim ASAP - you only have 10 days to do this.

Also it would not surprise me if bargraphics was the previous owner of this card as he has approached ken in the past to sell him his used mining equipment.

You have some serious issues man but we'll work past those.

My boards are still mining on my account and I've had no issues with them. Anytime you saw them go down it was due to a power outage or I was fiddling with the cards.

I haven't spent too much time with them really pushing for the best settings as I've been away. (Each card is fairly unique in what clock speed it hashes best at)

I don't believe I've ever approached Ken in the past to sell him my used mining equipment. These are also not "used" baby jet boards from Hashfast.

In the unlikely case you do get a grip on reality, please refrain from posting in this thread as it will simply be deleted.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 12:20:25 PM

Update [April 30 2014]
The refund check (Now cancelled)Sent in Feb turned up today.
 postmark confirms it was sent in Feb and the check number confirms with what ken said it was on pm. So I can't blame him for this delay. The replacement check should arrive soon.

If ken could have just communicated this postage it would have avoided a whole rigmarole for the past 2 months.

In any case I unreservedly apologise to ken in light of this check arriving when all the evidence was pointing to a scam.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:49:19 PM

I don't know , I installed 3 of the 4 boards , and all the three are showing some '' ZOMBIE '' error on CGMINER .
After trying again and again , 1 of them is getting hash on at 300GH /s for sometime , then again going to ''ZOMBIE'' .

I am using a single scrypt for all my boards , which also includes my 1st delivered board , which has been showing 800GH/s on CGMINER for a week now .

Somehow , eligius is not accesible right now , i guess the webpage is down . So i can't check the stats on eligius .
But this what it is on CgMiner -

HFA 1 - 800GH/s apx. ( @ Eligius 500-600GH/s )
HFA 2 - 300GH/s apx.
HFA 3 - ZOMBIE
HFA 4 - ZOMBIE

I have not yet hooked up the last remaining card . Its late here , will do that tommorow .

Also when it goes to ZOMBIE , it shows some libusb error .
I have no idea what it is .
I am gonna go through threads tonight to look for a solution , if there is any .

Someone a bit help please .
And i am ready to offer 0.2 BTC to anyone who can fix this over Team Viewer or through any other sharing .

I don't know what is going wrong . I just want them to get hashing already .
Different cgminer versions are bugged in how they display hashrate for products using the HF global work queue. The stats aren't reliable all the time, so you have to go by your pool speed. What frequency is HFA1 running at?
As long as you don't have too many squelched cores, your raw hashrate in GH/s (before rejects, etc) should be about 768 * speed in GHz.
IE, each chip does 768 hashes per second, so at 650MHz you'll get a max of about 500GH/s
emkay47

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:50:15 AM

Guys , so finally after reconnecting everything , 4 of my 5 prospector boards are working perfectly .
I've clocked them at 720 , all 4 of them .
I don't know what frequency they running at , i'll check them soon an will post it here .
Somehow , my remote management is not working and i will be going to my DC soon to fix it .
Ill note down the frequency they are working at .

http://postimg.org/image/mm67a923p/

magzy

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:54:01 AM

^ and the 5th one?
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 07:09:16 AM

Guys , so finally after reconnecting everything , 4 of my 5 prospector boards are working perfectly .
I've clocked them at 720 , all 4 of them .
I don't know what frequency they running at , i'll check them soon an will post it here .
Somehow , my remote management is not working and i will be going to my DC soon to fix it .
Ill note down the frequency they are working at .

http://postimg.org/image/mm67a923p/

I'm guessing your power supplies were too small?

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: