Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:09:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO WANTS TO SPLIT THE PRIZE- NEED HELP!  (Read 2104 times)
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:04:22 PM

You are all worked up because you are focused on the prize and not the puzzle. The puzzle is the fun part, the prize is the icing on the cake. I was just shooting guesses to another guy on "salisbury" and "vides". I didn't care about the prize, I enjoyed the riddles and had a little bit of fun.

I am sure I'm not the only one who just gave up.  I'm almost positive that no one is even trying.  There is $25 bucks at stake.  I spent 4 hours and now I wanna kill myself.
campycoin (OP)

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:10:39 PM

Yeah I would agree but at a certain point it stops being fun.  Like I said, even if I spent 5 hours on it and won $25, I wouldn't be pissed like "Damn, I only made $5/hr."  The problem is after 5 hours I have no idea how close I am.  I could be days away

Salisbury is A1
Vides is an example of my frustration...  in French it is empty or MT?  or in Latin it is to see or you see so UC or 2C  But the problem is trying all the combos and still not knowing if you are close at all.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 06:32:42 PM

This is supposed to be fun! If it's not, then it's time to stop - unless you really, really need that $25. You don't do a crossword for the prize money. (I'm hoping, in any case, that BitScan will double the prize money when the winner gets in touch. They had to rush to get it out before Easter as it was so that detail wasn't finalised at the time.)
Take a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=574700.0;all People seem to be bouncing ideas around there and coming up with some good stuff. Even enjoying themselves in the process.
I take your comments on board, though. The first episode was too easy and the prize went too fast. There's also no way of stopping people using password crackers, so that had to be factored in with tougher clues.
Regardless, please don't kill yourself.
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:43:57 PM

This is supposed to be fun! If it's not, then it's time to stop - unless you really, really need that $25. You don't do a crossword for the prize money. (I'm hoping, in any case, that BitScan will double the prize money when the winner gets in touch. They had to rush to get it out before Easter as it was so that detail wasn't finalised at the time.)
Take a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=574700.0;all People seem to be bouncing ideas around there and coming up with some good stuff. Even enjoying themselves in the process.
I take your comments on board, though. The first episode was too easy and the prize went too fast. There's also no way of stopping people using password crackers, so that had to be factored in with tougher clues.

Sorry... I wasn't serious.  I will not kill myself.  I can only speak for myself and they guy working with me that at a point it just got to be too much.  I think the game is fun but where we just gave up was with the "bold" idea and the ... clue and another one we thought the answer was A470 but it can't have a 0 so we are lost is it A47T or A47D or are we wrong all together.  ANd if those are missed then it is back to the drawing board to guess all the rest.

Great idea though, I can't lie it was fun for about 2-3 hours, then I was just cursing kinda incessantly
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 06:50:48 PM

Sorry... I wasn't serious.  I will not kill myself.  I can only speak for myself and they guy working with me that at a point it just got to be too much.  I think the game is fun but where we just gave up was with the "bold" idea and the ... clue and another one we thought the answer was A470 but it can't have a 0 so we are lost is it A47T or A47D or are we wrong all together.  ANd if those are missed then it is back to the drawing board to guess all the rest.

Great idea though, I can't lie it was fun for about 2-3 hours, then I was just cursing kinda incessantly

Good to know Smiley
Since it was misleading, I'll tell you now that the bold text doesn't matter for this one but it might start to make more sense in the next episode.
"..." is one of the clues that will get a hint shortly.
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 12:16:26 AM

And last time the Whitey being YT
I assume that was cuz of:

whitey 0.4 : Python Package Index

which is a "Command-line YouTube client"

With command: yt

Not insanely impossible, but definitely not easy either :p the problem is indeed that there can be 5 answers for most. Script to at least check that (like semi-bruteforce) is helpful.

Salisbury is A1
Can't have 1 Wink

Vides is indeed tricky, I also got the answers you got, but not sure if it's correct.

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 05:14:06 AM

And last time the Whitey being YT
I assume that was cuz of:

whitey 0.4 : Python Package Index

which is a "Command-line YouTube client"

With command: yt

Not insanely impossible, but definitely not easy either :p the problem is indeed that there can be 5 answers for most. Script to at least check that (like semi-bruteforce) is helpful.

Salisbury is A1
Can't have 1 Wink

Vides is indeed tricky, I also got the answers you got, but not sure if it's correct.

You might be overcomplicating it. Whitey was just phohectic!
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 05:39:52 AM

Ah lol, IC. I did get things like "ivy" that time tho hehe.

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 11:20:50 AM

It is dumb. 

I am sure I'm not the only one who just gave up.  I'm almost positive that no one is even trying.  There is $25 bucks at stake.  I spent 4 hours and now I wanna kill myself.

And even the clues are dumb.  So one of the clues was 360' and from that you need to decipher a 2 character answer.  Well in crosswords their are "crosswords" that help you get the answer but in this it is a total guessing game.  Then the guy comes out with a clue saying it could be 360 ft or 120 yeards but it is probably minutes if you convert it to hours.  WTF?  So 6 hrs.  uh 6h?  If 6h is the answer this is the dumbest f'n game ever.  And last time the Whitey being YT, well now when you think an answer is 40 or 60 or 65 now you have to think 4t or 6t or 6t5 or could it be 4d or 6d or 6d5. 

I mean honestly one of the clues is this:    ...          and you are supposed to come up with a 1 character answer?  Uhhhhhhh, dumb. 

Lastly, the last 8 or so character, which are about 4 clues, are all bold.  And the game maker says, "The last row is bold, not sure what that means"  Well WTF?  How would anyone?  It could be reverse all of them or just the ends or just the inside or maybe the bold goes first.  Moral of the story is, me and another guy tried for two hours and it just isn't worth it.   The writer needs to realize that this is not a crossword where if I don't know 8 down, 7 across and 6 across will help me.  In this game, it's a crap shoot and getting 30 in a row is impossible.

My 2 Satoshi

Just for the sake of your sanity: http://bitscan.com/articles/missing-keys-clue-hints-revealed
campycoin (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:47:18 PM

It is dumb. 

And even the clues are dumb.  So one of the clues was 360' and from that you need to decipher a 2 character answer.  Well in crosswords their are "crosswords" that help you get the answer but in this it is a total guessing game.  Then the guy comes out with a clue saying it could be 360 ft or 120 yeards but it is probably minutes if you convert it to hours.  WTF?  So 6 hrs.  uh 6h?  If 6h is the answer this is the dumbest f'n game ever.  And last time the Whitey being YT, well now when you think an answer is 40 or 60 or 65 now you have to think 4t or 6t or 6t5 or could it be 4d or 6d or 6d5. 

I mean honestly one of the clues is this:    ...          and you are supposed to come up with a 1 character answer?  Uhhhhhhh, dumb. 

Lastly, the last 8 or so character, which are about 4 clues, are all bold.  And the game maker says, "The last row is bold, not sure what that means"  Well WTF?  How would anyone?  It could be reverse all of them or just the ends or just the inside or maybe the bold goes first.  Moral of the story is, me and another guy tried for two hours and it just isn't worth it.   The writer needs to realize that this is not a crossword where if I don't know 8 down, 7 across and 6 across will help me.  In this game, it's a crap shoot and getting 30 in a row is impossible.

My 2 Satoshi

Just for the sake of your sanity: http://bitscan.com/articles/missing-keys-clue-hints-revealed

Yeah, well I figured someone would get it eventually but this is no peace of mind!  C'mon... the private key......  SHOW IT  So, can we see the answers?  That would give me peace of mind.
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 01:51:54 PM

The winner posted the solution in the main thread.
MegaHustlr

Activity: 601

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:46:05 PM

Seems like a lot of effort for 0.1 btc....

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:52:20 PM

Sure. If it was only about the money.
dalek

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:30:00 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 01:08:21 AM by dalek

The reward was actually only 0.05. bitscan.com was supposed to chip in more after the contest and after getting in touch with them, but they have been completely silent on the issue, even though they've been posting non-stop to twitter about other stuff. So keep that in mind for their future contests.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
aboo

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

First decentralized MLM system based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:35:33 AM

Wait so what do you need help with? I`m down!!

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:51:07 AM

The reward was actually only 0.05. bitscan.com was supposed to chip in more after the contest and after getting in touch with them, but they have been completely silent on the issue, even though they've been posting non-stop to twitter about other stuff. So keep that in mind for their future contests.

Hi dalek,
I'll chase this up with them. They are normally very good. If they don't pay the other half I will.
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 05:00:24 PM

Looks like they've got in touch from an update on the site - is that right?
dalek

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:17:21 PM

i see the update to the article here: http://bitscan.com/articles/missing-keys-clue-hints-revealed
We have a winner!

Guessed with just six hints... Congratulations to the code cracker who has been in touch to receive a bonus prize.

But they never actually sent any bonus prize. If they do, they should post a link to the transaction, for the sake of transparency.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 08:45:22 PM

i see the update to the article here: http://bitscan.com/articles/missing-keys-clue-hints-revealed
We have a winner!

Guessed with just six hints... Congratulations to the code cracker who has been in touch to receive a bonus prize.

But they never actually sent any bonus prize. If they do, they should post a link to the transaction, for the sake of transparency.

Alright. I'll check about the prize and if there was a crossed wire somewhere (which I'm assuming there was) I'll send you the top up.
dalek

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:13:10 AM

I just got the bonus after following up by email: https://blockchain.info/tx/4f77d79939facb4868e8ae4ba67054984ca0a1d00f06e695de7c9e9c7fd29beb

Whoever solves the next contest, don't miss out on the bonus!

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄