Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:53:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bruteforce btc wallet with hightech server?  (Read 866 times)
predic (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:42:05 AM

Hi,
one man is offering big money to break btc wallet password, he says he forgot it.

he tried rubby script and his pc is not doing it well, so, I was thinking to advise him to rent server for 260 bucks:
CPU Intel Xeon E5-2650v2, Cores/Threads 8/16t (the best processor)
with RAM 128 GB

and then I was thinking what is the best method to attack wallet password... I suppose it is bruteforce attack.

what software is the best for brute-force attacks if wallet is uploaded to debian server? he is from english speaking country, so, I suppose english dictionary for bruteforce would be good option.

cpu or ram is important or not? servers usually don't have graphic card, so, I suppose attack can be made with processor power but server can be cheaper if RAM is not important. it is possible to get 2x e5-2650 instead of big memory, maybe it would be better?

and what do you think, one month of running attack would break password or not?

debit cards websites are companies registered in London by Lithuanians who demand from you your phone, ID and utility bill, that's enough for them to make offshore companies on your name without your knowledge and they can get a bank account and make financial crimes on your name, or they can simply sell IDs. don't give to anyone too much info.
why they need more than your ID when your local bank demands only ID?
don't use coinbase, they are NSA spying shit, they make database of people that use bitcoins.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 08:52:19 AM

Unless you have some idea of how long the password is and what some of it is likely to be, then if it's a long password, potentially you will never find the password, even if that hardware tried to brute force for as long as the universe has existed.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:09:35 AM

There are trusted wallet cracking services that many people have had success with, Daves is one of them. However as said unless you know at least some of the password and unless it is very short you will have a hard time brute forcing it.
walletrecoveryservices

Activity: 89
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 04:25:25 AM

There are trusted wallet cracking services that many people have had success with, Daves is one of them. However as said unless you know at least some of the password and unless it is very short you will have a hard time brute forcing it.
Thanks, dreamspark, for the plug Smiley
I agree with the other comments - if you have little or no idea of the password, and it is a decent number of characters in length, then it is effectively unbreakable. If you have a bitcoin wallet encrypted with a 'strong' password, then it doesn't matter whether you throw 1 or 1000 computers or GPUs at it - you will never solve it.

Cheers
Dave

walletrecoveryservices.com

Providing Cryptocurrency Wallet, Password and Seed Recovery Services since 2013
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: