Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:29:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM Darkcoin instamine 2 millions DRKs (50% of darkcoin in circulation)  (Read 82586 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:42:13 PM

Great, so the instaminers (35% of the current supply) and a few other whales can vote everything in their favor forever, whitewashing the centralization with a veneer of "decentralization." Its the dash way.

The majority of these coins were distributed through the market in the following weeks and months at very low price levels* (0.0000x BTC per DRK to 0.000x BTC per DRK) and a lot of them were also absorbed in the April/May 2014 price increase.

Examples of prices and selling action almost two weeks after launch:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4861558#msg4861558

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4889177#msg4889177

Forum member coins101 did a blockchain analysis of Darkcoins distribution as of September 2014:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=778616.0"

No one can prove if those coins were sold to new owners or sold to the same owner(s)--and trying to convince anyone outside of the Dash commune to trust Evan's word is an exercise in futility.

I heard this term prima facie evidence which I suspect could apply here, not sure though. Ask Fluffypony for further information.
illodin

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:02:36 PM

Monero idealists are saying it doesn't matter that the hashrate is dominated by botnets.

Monero coins have been and are being minted by criminals using unaware people's computers and electricity without their consent, and the people buying those coins off the criminals are happily receiving stolen property while riding their high horse of crypto morality.

Nonsense - we invented Smart Mining to address both mining centralisation AND the risk of botnets. We're not ignoring the risk, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin have all had major botnet mining problems, I don't think any cryptocurrency can pretend it's not at risk. The difference is that we're actually doing something about it instead of pretending it doesn't exist:)

What about it is nonsense?

How many percentage of the total hashrate do you estimate can be attributed to Smart Mining feature since it has been released? 1%? 0.1%? Even less? When was the feature released btw?

I'm not saying you're ignoring the risk, it's just that there's not much that can be done about it, and it seems the risk has already realized.

Using algorithms with fast GPU/ASIC miners that make CPU mining useless makes the botnet risk negligible.

The "terminator gene" here could very well be that people are afraid of purchasing Monero coins if they estimate they have x% chance (x = botnet portion of total hashrate) of receiving stolen property.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 03:57:51 AM

Monero idealists are saying it doesn't matter that the hashrate is dominated by botnets.

Monero coins have been and are being minted by criminals using unaware people's computers and electricity without their consent, and the people buying those coins off the criminals are happily receiving stolen property while riding their high horse of crypto morality.

Nonsense - we invented Smart Mining to address both mining centralisation AND the risk of botnets. We're not ignoring the risk, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin have all had major botnet mining problems, I don't think any cryptocurrency can pretend it's not at risk. The difference is that we're actually doing something about it instead of pretending it doesn't exist:)

How many percentage of the total hashrate do you estimate can be attributed to Smart Mining feature since it has been released? 1%? 0.1%? Even less? When was the feature released btw?

I'm not saying you're ignoring the risk, it's just that there's not much that can be done about it, and it seems the risk has already realized.

Using algorithms with fast GPU/ASIC miners that make CPU mining useless makes the botnet risk negligible.

The "terminator gene" here could very well be that people are afraid of purchasing Monero coins if they estimate they have x% chance (x = botnet portion of total hashrate) of receiving stolen property.

Let's not get off the topic of the Dashmine.  Because fear of receiving stolen property is a non-topic for a coin with Monero's fungability, but way to pull on the FUD pump, Illodin.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:16:05 AM

The premise of hashrate dominated by botnets is nonsense as I explained earlier.

illodin

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 10:22:44 AM

Let's not get off the topic of the Dashmine.  Because fear of receiving stolen property is a non-topic for a coin with Monero's fungability, but way to pull on the FUD pump, Illodin.

It's not a non-topic, it's food for the "massive media assault" with which you were FUD pumping DASH yourself. If you can't tell a legit coin from an illegal one, and it's estimated 25% (a number I pulled out of my ass, like the media will too, their numbers just might be even more scary) are illegal, the fear of the whole currency becoming illegal will stop any mass adoption.
illodin

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 10:22:57 AM

The premise of hashrate dominated by botnets is nonsense as I explained earlier.

I take it the situation has changed to the better recently for some reason?

I have first hand knowledge that two botnet operators are mining XMR as we speak. So whether or not you or I think it is profitable is a moot point.

XMR has a relatively narrow user base, as much of the coin is being mined by the botnets. For instance, 4 MH/s botnet was discussed on #monero-dev and this is one botnet only, which gives about 240M difficulty. God knows how many of them there are actually, but my guess is more than 80% of the whole hash rate.

The largest XMR miner on minergate, botnet also. There are numerous ones mining XMR, and more will come for sure as the coin increases in value & exposure.

Botnets are a real problem. One pool owner shared with me this info

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 10:37:50 AM

I take it the situation has changed to the better recently for some reason?

I have first hand knowledge that two botnet operators are mining XMR as we speak. So whether or not you or I think it is profitable is a moot point.

XMR has a relatively narrow user base, as much of the coin is being mined by the botnets. For instance, 4 MH/s botnet was discussed on #monero-dev and this is one botnet only, which gives about 240M difficulty. God knows how many of them there are actually, but my guess is more than 80% of the whole hash rate.

The largest XMR miner on minergate, botnet also. There are numerous ones mining XMR, and more will come for sure as the coin increases in value & exposure.

Botnets are a real problem. One pool owner shared with me this info

It's certainly possible that heavy botnet activity could occur for a short term with mining still being profitable for others (those posts were all a few months after launch), but it isn't credible for that to continue for a year or longer.  Again, I'm sure there are botnets still but I don't believe they are close to dominating the hash rate. Even during that time period it was well documented -- later -- that dga had a huge part of the hash rate, at times over half, and he wasn't a botnet. So those claims about "huge" botnets early on are even a bit more suspect in hindsight.

Also OracionSeis was outed as a bought account some time ago, and was certainly a scammer who tried to launch QuazarCoin using the exact same name as Monero until the community shot down that dumb idea. So not exactly a credible source for anything.

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:16:37 PM

I just saw coinmarketcap has added 2 asterix to DASH- ** Significantly Premined

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:49:43 PM

great. also if you filter pre mined coins its finally gone.
good guys coinmarketcap

XMR Monero
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 01:04:36 PM

It's been removed, because DashHoles whined about the "unfair" overlap in the definitions of 'insta' vs 'pre' mined.

Please use the CoinMarketCap.com Request Form to let them know that it's wrong to reward DashHoles for quibbling over such a distinction without a difference.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:17:08 PM

Hmm, I can't see it, are you sure?
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:45:02 PM

Coinmarketcap should at least add a new filter option for Instamined currencies like Dash. The definition of a instamine would be where the coin's actual core parameters were changed after launch to benefit early miners.

Similar to a premine except that it occured slightly after launch. Leaving a coin like Dash with other regular coins that never had such fraudelent or incompetant instamines is wholly unfair.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:09:40 AM

Playing dumb?

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:31:45 AM

Playing dumb?

That's just illodin doing his usual brand of subtle trolling. I do respect that he does it in an intelligent and low-key humor sort of way at least, instead of usual name calling, insults, and looseness with facts that pass for discussion by the rest of the dash community.
Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:58:34 PM

darkcoin changed name to dash, this thread should be changed to "SCAM Dash instamine 2million DASH(100% of DASH in circulati

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

darkcoin changed name to dash, this thread should be changed to "SCAM Dash instamine 2million DASH(100% of DASH in circulati

How about you end this? Stop reviving old threads that need to die. The worst part of it is that it is only coming from people who were late to join the train back then.
It is however not late to join now either, but you choose to waste your and everyone else's time posting nonsense.

Oh, and there is this:

Quite ironic actually.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:58:09 PM

Aah, another Darkcoin scam thread.
And if so -  he'd deserve it for all the amazing work he has done.

How many Bitcoins were instamined?
That sums up to how many US $?

oh yeah Jefferey dahmer did a great job injecting hydrochloric acid or boiling water into the skulls of his victims to turn them into sex slave zombies
and was a great at keeping severed penis's, torso's and heads in his freezer.. he was so good at he got away with it for years !
so i guess he deserved to get away with it and so does every other guy that comes along right ?
"amazing" work eh ? yaaaaaaaaaaa

ohh yeah i looooove your logic buddy ahahhahhahaa

omygod you people are fucked in the head seriously

hey Mark was great at ripping off all you Gox'tards so he deserves to keep the half billion dollars worth of bitcoin he stole right ?
and by your genius logic we should allow every other guy that comes along to do the exact same.. yeah that's brilliant guy  Roll Eyes

hey Bitcoin did blah blah blah so every other scammy altcoin should be able to be a sleezy thieving pile of bullshit too eh ?

You are as right as you can be. People get exactly what they deserve: To be fucked up even more than what they already are. Fuck them!
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:51:35 AM

If you are unhappy with the Darkcoin instamine, invest in something such as silkcoin, because you will be better off in the long term when SHTF.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:16:13 PM

Its proof they give a flying fuck about the security of the coin as long as they can scam.
84% for over a week and nothing is done about.
The 20% unknown must be considered hostile as well by a responsible caring knowledgeable dev of-course in the Dash world scamming has priorities.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#!extraction
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:55:31 PM

this deserves a bump

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: