Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:49:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] RESULTS are in for Bitcoin Favorites of 2011!  (Read 7109 times)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 05:02:35 PM

bitcoinbetas wins the award for running the most successful scam

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinbetas (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 06:08:37 PM

Nice idea and the site works well.  Thanks for doing this.  I just sent a wee bit to the fund.

Thanks and you're welcome. If you did send some bitcents lemme know I didn't see it arrive.
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 06:09:33 PM

bitcoinbetas wins the award for running the most successful scam

I can see why you are 2nd place for worst forum member  Tongue Looks like the only winning around here will be you!
Alphonso Bedoya

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 11:18:55 AM

Yep, I sent .2 from

1HuRS5U9Lg31hmmVUsYJkcPcUgxHY7v6dQ (Instawallet) to
19EMfcpF36uXzQtuDBFaL4dYnqdm5fcMmM.

Hope you get them.
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 05:14:00 PM

Yep, I sent .2 from

1HuRS5U9Lg31hmmVUsYJkcPcUgxHY7v6dQ (Instawallet) to
19EMfcpF36uXzQtuDBFaL4dYnqdm5fcMmM.

Hope you get them.

Thanks Alphonso. I see it now for some reason it wasn't showing up on the Donation total strange stuff. Thanks again!
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 05:18:03 PM

LAST DAY TO VOTE! http://bitcoinawards.bitcoinbetas.com/
redditorrex

Activity: 280

Nom Nom Nom

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 06:24:51 PM

Why no love for Mt.Red on the pools award?  : (

Reddit Mining Team - MtRed.com = Pure PPS + #00GH/s + LP(+) + AutoPay&InstaPay + Audio Notifications
Find us in #mtred @ irc.freenode.net
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 07:20:47 PM

Sad
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 07:37:36 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2012, 06:00:53 AM by Matthew N. Wright

I know what OP was trying to do and I truly commend them for it. Unfortunately, as could be expected  with a forum newbie trying to organize an awards ceremony based on historical data that only a veteran user would know from experience, this poll has turned out unimpressive to say the least.

Under normal circumstances I would just troll the OP, push them to correct their mistakes, and offer my assistance privately, but in this special case that the OP has refused to correct course I have decided to step up.

Feel free to continue to participate freely, but let it be known that BitTalk.TV is hosting our own awards ceremony that will be broadcast on BitTalk.TV announcing the winners. We are in no rush to hurry and for this reason we will allow a full two weeks for entries.

Since this particular award thread seems to more focused on giving away bitcoins to anyone willing to participate than actually doing a good job creating a fair contest, we will focus on rewarding individuals the proper way.

To combat cheating, add value to the votes, raise money for charity, and ensure that only serious bitcoiners are participating in the contest as contestants or voters, a microtransaction will to a specified bitcoin address will be necessary. This amount will differ slightly for those nominating themselves.

All finalists of the BitTalk.TV Best of 2011 contest in each category will:

1) be published in the BitTalk.TV magazine's January issue;
2) be broadcast in a special presentation on BitTalk.tv;
3) receive a free year subscription to the BitTalk.TV magazine (est. $30 value)
4) receive a FREE casascius coin in the mail!

The categories will be soft-listed on the official forum thread. Feel free to petition for additional categories if you believe it is appropriate.

Good luck to everyone!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56887

bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 08:06:00 PM

I know what OP was trying to do and I truly commend them for it. Unfortunately, as could be expected  with a forum newbie trying to organize an awards ceremony based on historical data that only a veteran user would know from experience, this poll has turned out unimpressive to say the least.

Under normal circumstances I would just troll the OP, push them to correct their mistakes, and offer my assistance privately, but in this special case that the OP has refused to correct course I have decided to step up.

Feel free to continue to participate freely, but let it be known that BitTalk.TV is hosting our own awards ceremony that will be broadcast on BitTalk.TV announcing the winners. We are in no rush to hurry and for this reason we will allow a full two weeks for entries.

Since this particular award thread seems to more focused on giving away bitcoins to anyone willing to participate than actually doing a good job creating a fair contest, we will focus on rewarding individuals the proper way.

To combat cheating, add value to the votes, raise money for charity, and ensure that only serious bitcoiners are participating in the contest as contestants or voters, a microtransaction will to a specified bitcoin address will be necessary. This amount will differ slightly for those nominating themselves.

All finalists of the BitTalk.TV Best of 2011 contest in each category will:

1) be published in the BitTalk.TV magazine's January issue;
2) be broadcast in a special presentation on BitTalk.tv;
3) receive a free year subscription to the BitTalk.TV magazine (est. $30 value)
4) receive a FREE casascius coin in the mail!

The categories will be soft-listed on the official forum thread. Feel free to petition for additional categories if you believe it is appropriate.

Good luck to everyone!

Fair enough and good luck. Wait till you get the first person who nominates themselves who you don't agree with ( or better yet everyone doesn't agree with) such as say Buttcoin.org  or something what are you going to do?  My system allowed people to freely nominate as much as  freely erase who they think shouldn't be nominated and at some put "cut it off" or "last man standing" so to speak.

My poll is about as un-biased as you can get and maybe missed/inaccurate on one or two things but rather have that then being a biased based award system like yours is going to turn out to be . To be clear anyone and ample amount of time  to contacted me prior to listing it up to vote if things weren't accurate. In your poll won't allow that.   Just my 2 cents and like I said good luck! Grin

buttcoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 10:30:09 PM

Please vote Buttcoin.org for best blog. Every vote can save a starving puppy in africa.

bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 10:34:48 PM

Please vote Buttcoin.org for best blog. Every vote can save a starving puppy in africa.

^^ haha  how is the sale going?
buttcoin

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 10:41:05 PM

Should have some exciting news next week  Grin

bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 10:42:40 PM

Should have some exciting news next week  Grin

I just realized your in 2nd place LOL   and awesome do let us know Wink  did you put up a "nominee badge" ?
buttcoin

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 10:51:24 PM

did you put up a "nominee badge" ?

Nope, but I do now!

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 10:52:28 PM

voted

-=-=-

can anyone point where i can read more about this event:

"Nefario being denied entry to the US after mentioning Bitcoins"
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 11:07:52 PM

voted

-=-=-

Thanks for the vote Serge!

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/bitcoin_developer_denied_entry_us_confused_customs_agents
bitcoinbetas (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 11:09:01 PM

did you put up a "nominee badge" ?

Nope, but I do now!

brillant good luck buttcoin.org!

edit: I just saw its 1 vote difference in the bitcoin moment of the year award  between the Cosby Hack & Bitcoin trades for $32   lol
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 11:21:51 PM

voted

-=-=-

Thanks for the vote Serge!

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/bitcoin_developer_denied_entry_us_confused_customs_agents

thank you

crazy story
whenever i travel i try to carry as little cash as possible too, only once been asked on international flight why i had only couple of hundreds on me, i showed them plastic and that was it, probably would have gotten myself in trouble too for being not too nice if they were to ask how much balance i had on CCs
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2012, 11:22:04 PM

voted

-=-=-

http://siliconangle.com/blog/2011/07/27/bitcoin-expert-turned-away-by-u-s-customs-over-lack-of-real-money/

It was more about the not having money part, not the bitcoins that caused it.  Customs expects you to have money for your trip, cause if you don't they'll assume you are here to work and not allow you entrance.  

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: