Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:20:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 47% of Americans want to make purchasing goods and services w/ Bitcoins illegal  (Read 4414 times)
SmithsonJim

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:53:46 AM

Communitarian ? Man I haven't heard that word since college. It is hard to believe there are that many people with such ideology. Also i expect number of people were too small compared to analysed population to make any real conclusions out of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:39:35 PM

maybe because over 3/4's of Bitcoin purchases are for illegal items?

i am here.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:17:59 PM

In the initial stages it was around 1/4th. Not it will be far lower, like 1/20 or so. At no point of time, more than 25% of the bitcoin volume was mopped up by the illegal trade.

http://cointelegraph.com/post/50_to_60_of_bitcoin_transactions_made_on_gambling_sites
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:31:22 PM

Well let me tell you I use to be door to door sales man, I use to be able to switch the ideas of younger adults then switching the minds of the senior adults cause, is like they said u can teach an old dog new tricks.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bitcerto

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:42:30 PM

It's just a matter of education. No, I don't mean college or universities. Most people just don't know what Bitcoin is! We need more education based materials that are easy to understand by random people.
Bitcoin Magazine

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:48:06 PM

In the initial stages it was around 1/4th. Not it will be far lower, like 1/20 or so. At no point of time, more than 25% of the bitcoin volume was mopped up by the illegal trade.

http://cointelegraph.com/post/50_to_60_of_bitcoin_transactions_made_on_gambling_sites

so gambling = great  Shocked, and marijuana = bad?

i am here.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:52:34 PM

53% of Americans want to make purchasing goods and services w/ Bitcoins legal

This.

What do you think that number would have been 1 year ago?

Major improvements.   To the moon!

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:02:04 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 03:13:14 PM by atp1916

Well, 46% of Americans believe in Creationism according to this. It makes me guess that the amount of idiots is somewhere between 46% and 47%  Wink

I am a reformed "Calvinist" Christian.  I have no specific denomination. I hold the NKJV Bible to be the inerrant Word of God and fully know "Creationism" to be true...and I am an ardent supporter of Bitcoin.  

Bitcoin fits fully within the Biblical principles of justice and equality - "equal weights".  Bitcoin is open, transparent, and begets equal weights throughout any system it is implemented in. The current monetary system is exactly the opposite, shrouded in darkness and crookedness - unequal weights.

Proverbs 20:23 NKJV
Differing weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.

The reason why so many of my kind are against Bitcoin is because all it ever was used for in old days was contraband and other evil things.  This is not so anymore, fortunately.  Sadly, it is our/my fault for allowing my kind to continue being against Bitcoin.  Every day i attempt to change this false understanding among any Christian i meet.  

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:15:50 PM

I don't have anything against gambling or marijuana. But in the eyes of the government, possession of marijuana is a felony.
Bitcoin Magazine

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:37:57 PM

I don't have anything against gambling or marijuana. But in the eyes of the government, possession of marijuana is a felony.

what about Satoshi Dice?  that site only works if you use Tor.  otherwise it says your in a banned country  Shocked

i am here.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:04:51 PM

what about Satoshi Dice?  that site only works if you use Tor.  otherwise it says your in a banned country  Shocked

If you're smart enough to use tor, why do you usually say the dumbest shit ever on bitcoin forum?

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:12:52 PM

So the younger or richer you are the more you like bitcoin.   Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Bitcoin Magazine

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:16:59 PM

If you're smart enough to use tor, why do you usually say the dumbest shit ever on bitcoin forum?

so BTCitcoin should be banned cause it's used primarily for illegal transactions

and then you said that most transactions were gambling transactions, but legal ones

and gambling is illegal unless it is a non-Satoshi Dice site   Cheesy

i am here.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:37:19 PM

So the younger or richer you are the more you like bitcoin.   Grin

Just say that the more intelligent you get, the more you like BTC. It seems that the mentally and educationally challenged population is scared the shit out of Bitcoin.  Grin
skooter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:51:39 PM

As a selfish american, I would vote that it be illegal.

Why?

Because allowing something like bitcoin to have power gives poor countries more power. Right now the dominance of the world's major currencies gives the US and other 1st world countries huge power over trade.

I'm also currently involved in a business that benefits from government manipulation of exchange rates (the fact that china suppresses the Yuan's value vs the dollar saves me thousands of dollars a year).

From a purely financial standpoint, I benefit from the current corrupt system.
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:00:35 PM

Bitcoin at $450 or so and this is the current state of awareness???

That means tremendous opportunity folks.

Imagine if you had a way to hold stock in email at a time most Americans felt it should be banned because it meant the demise of the Postal Service.

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:16:10 PM

Well, 46% of Americans believe in Creationism according to this. It makes me guess that the amount of idiots is somewhere between 46% and 47%  Wink

I am a reformed "Calvinist" Christian.  I have no specific denomination. I hold the NKJV Bible to be the inerrant Word of God and fully know "Creationism" to be true...and I am an ardent supporter of Bitcoin.  

Bitcoin fits fully within the Biblical principles of justice and equality - "equal weights".  Bitcoin is open, transparent, and begets equal weights throughout any system it is implemented in. The current monetary system is exactly the opposite, shrouded in darkness and crookedness - unequal weights.

Proverbs 20:23 NKJV
Differing weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.

The reason why so many of my kind are against Bitcoin is because all it ever was used for in old days was contraband and other evil things.  This is not so anymore, fortunately.  Sadly, it is our/my fault for allowing my kind to continue being against Bitcoin.  Every day i attempt to change this false understanding among any Christian i meet.  

Same here. Well, except that I prefer NASB.  Grin

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:51:38 PM

Why?

Because allowing something like bitcoin to have power gives poor countries more power. Right now the dominance of the world's major currencies gives the US and other 1st world countries huge power over trade.

I'm also currently involved in a business that benefits from government manipulation of exchange rates (the fact that china suppresses the Yuan's value vs the dollar saves me thousands of dollars a year).

Would you stop "benefiting from the current corrupt system" based only on the fact you could/should make money more honestly?

skooter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:55:50 PM

Why?

Would you stop "benefiting from the current corrupt system" based only on the fact you could/should make money more honestly?

I make my money legally.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 08:03:55 PM

OMG

OMFG

KILL . THEM . ALL !

ordinary cattle.
nothing else to say.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: