Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:27:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] ecoinpool - A brand new pool mining software written in Erlang  (Read 28426 times)
p2k (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 04:22:14 PM

Hi,

I've fixed the link in the original post (copy&paste fail). Here is it again, so you don't have to go back.

@Tittiez: You sent the supervisor report telling us that the restart logic has given up. Unfortunately this message doesn't provide anything about the actual error; try to scroll up and post the first error report you see instead (only the part about "** Reason for termination") - if it gets too long, consider using pastebin.com.

@EnergyVampire: Ok, thanks, I'm investigating. It has nothing to do with your browser.

p2k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 04:31:03 PM

Sorry, Here:

http://pastebin.com/ahb4uWXD
p2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 04:46:17 PM

Ok, there was a slight design error on my part if the subpool crashes while starting. The real error message (the first error after starting) is pushed away in your console history. I've just committed a fix for that, please pull and try again, then send me the real error message.
Tittiez

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 05:25:09 PM

I realized that I wasn't turning on bitcoind, so I ran it then went to run ecoinpool but I get this at startup:
Code:
 config_db - couchbeam:open_or_create_db/3 returned
an error:
{conn_failed,{error,econnrefused}}
{"init terminating in do_boot",{{badmatch,{error,{shutdown,{ebitcoin_app,start,[normal,[]]}}}},[{ecoinpool_test
_launch,start,0,[{file,"src/ecoinpool_test_launch.erl"},{line,34}]},{init,start_it,1,[]},{init,start_em,1,[]}]}
}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()
Crash Dump File:
http://lazycrazygaming.net/downloads/erl_crash.dump
p2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 05:42:40 PM

This is a simple error: CouchDB is not running or ecoinpool is unable to connect.
Tittiez

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 06:29:28 PM

Finally:

Code:
[22:21:12.418][ebitcoin/warn] btc-chain: Connecting to localhost:8333...
[22:21:12.419][ebitcoin/warn] btc-chain: Connection established.
[22:21:49.771][ebitcoin/warn] btc-chain: Entering resync mode, getting 101129 block(s)...

Yay
p2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 06:50:42 PM

Well that actually shouldn't work because bitcoin is not fully synced to the network... if you get errors before block 166359 (at the time of writing) is reached, don't blame it on ecoinpool.

@EnergyVampire: Your issue should be fixed. Just pull the new version.

p2k
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 12:07:43 AM

Well that actually shouldn't work because bitcoin is not fully synced to the network... if you get errors before block 166359 (at the time of writing) is reached, don't blame it on ecoinpool.

@EnergyVampire: Your issue should be fixed. Just pull the new version.

p2k

Thanks, p2k! This works great, cheers!

Tittiez

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 01:14:34 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2012, 01:32:28 AM by Tittiez

Realized my VPS was too cluttered, so I decided to reinstall it altogether.

So this is on a fresh Ubuntu Server 11.04 Installation:

I go to startup a testpool, and I get this error message:

http://pastebin.com/kfP55yKd

Exact same one I had earlier today.  Embarrassed

Since it works fine others I assume its my own fault and has something to do with the config correct?
p2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 09:38:52 AM

This error tells us that ecoinpool could not connect to the local bitcoind. Either it is not running, or you've set it to another port than the default 8332 in your bitcoin.conf. In the later case, you can configure ecoinpool to use a different port in the CoinDaemon configuration dialog of your Subpool.

In general, ecoinpool is currently not very tolerant towards any errors you might have in your CoinDaemon configuration and if bitcoind is still loading blocks or crashes, ecoinpool will terminate as well. It is on my todo list to even this out and present you a more informative error message and let ecoinpool reconnect on errors etc.

Also, while helping EnergyVampire to set it up, I've discovered some more problems with the built-in frontend that have to be fixed. We used a not-so-easy workaround to get it running. For you and others, it would be better if you could wait until I've fixed those problems properly; you can subscribe to the tracking ticket via RSS. The first ticket entry is a blocker, as it is not possible to create your first worker properly. Please be patient, you won't regret it.

p2k
Tittiez

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 03:22:01 PM

God I am making such simple errors over and over again, I really need to start sleeping. I swear I had it running though! I'm using 0.6.0rc1 64bit bitcoind.

Bitcoind and the couchdb are both running, I get this at pool startup:
http://pastebin.com/KcwAE47N
Some other simple dumbass mistake I presume?
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 07:29:21 PM

God I am making such simple errors over and over again, I really need to start sleeping. I swear I had it running though! I'm using 0.6.0rc1 64bit bitcoind.

Bitcoind and the couchdb are both running, I get this at pool startup:
http://pastebin.com/KcwAE47N
Some other simple dumbass mistake I presume?
"{\"result\":null,\"error\":{\"code\":-10,\"message\":\"Bitcoin is downloading blocks...\"},\"id\":null}\n"}},

until it is synced it will crash, see p2k's post above Smiley

Very impressed with ecoinpool. We have been running ~4-500Ghash most of the day and the servers barely get out of idle Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
p2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 10:07:32 PM

Thanks Graet!

And I will take this opportunity to say that ecoinpool is running on ozco.in with very special settings which are not yet covered by the built-in frontend, all of them are listed on the ticket (<- click me!). I had to help ozco.in at great lengths and most of the features on that list were actually developed to get eco to work ozco.in.

However, I will fix this up in some days (I'm currently blocked by RL jobs, shadders, your chance to catch up) making ecoinpool as easy to setup as it is meant to be and removing the pressure on me that I always have to be around if something has to be changed in the configuration etc. Yes, with ozco.in being currently the only pool which uses eco on a large basis, it's still ok for me; but I don't want to be responsible for the inner workings of all the pools in the world in the end... I'm only one guy... (yeah, ok, I claim that I'm a one-man-army, but even an army can run out of troops Cheesy)

Also @Tittiez: I've heard that you want to start your own private pool with some friends. Keep in mind that ecoinpool currently doesn't have any payout mechanisms (neither do PoolserverJ nor pushpool), so you would have to manage that yourself. There is another ticket on my tracker that promises payout support for a future release, making ecoinpool the true all-in-one backend solution for mining. But - as you can imagine - it's a lot of work to get there.

p2k
Tittiez

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 03:21:09 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2012, 04:10:15 AM by Tittiez

Also @Tittiez: I've heard that you want to start your own private pool with some friends. Keep in mind that ecoinpool currently doesn't have any payout mechanisms (neither do PoolserverJ nor pushpool), so you would have to manage that yourself. There is another ticket on my tracker that promises payout support for a future release, making ecoinpool the true all-in-one backend solution for mining. But - as you can imagine - it's a lot of work to get there.

p2k

Not a problem, we decided we would all split the blocks evenly anyway, its a lot easier that way. Oh and I got it working! Cheesy
Code:
[07:18:54.068][ebitcoin/warn] ltc_block: Connecting to localhost:9335...
[07:18:54.071][ebitcoin/warn] ltc_block: Connection established.
[07:18:54.084][server/warn] Subpool b2fcfae2039213c8ae671ecc77006547 starting...
[07:18:54.170][ebitcoin/warn] ltc_block: Entering resync mode, getting 49745 block(s)...
[07:18:54.197][default/warn] ecoinpool_rpc: Started RPC on port 9339
[07:18:54.199][daemon/warn] SCrypt-ltc CoinDaemon starting...
[07:18:54.388][server/warn] ltc_pool: --- New main block! Assigned: 0; Shares: 0; Cached: 0; Longpolling: 0 ---

Got a few of my friends pointing their miners to my pool, its working fine now. Thanks!
Tittiez

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 04:36:23 AM

So if we find a block it pays out to the "Pay To:" address I put into CoinDaemon, right?
p2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 07:22:15 AM

To quote from the README:

... Daemons which support local work creation through the getmemorypool call will have two extra fields "Pay To" and "Tag". The former will override the default payout address on block solves; if you leave it empty, ecoinpool will create an account called "ecoinpool" via RPC call and use this one for payout ...

I'm not lying in that README, it's true! Cheesy

Congratz on setting it up, so it was possible to bypass the frontend error messages involved in first worker creation. Good to know.

p2k
Tittiez

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 11:05:44 AM

To quote from the README:

... Daemons which support local work creation through the getmemorypool call will have two extra fields "Pay To" and "Tag". The former will override the default payout address on block solves; if you leave it empty, ecoinpool will create an account called "ecoinpool" via RPC call and use this one for payout ...

I'm not lying in that README, it's true! Cheesy

Congratz on setting it up, so it was possible to bypass the frontend error messages involved in first worker creation. Good to know.

p2k

Yes I did get those frontend errors, all I had to do was disable the pool and suddenly the databases for the workers were created.
Tittiez

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 11:08:23 AM

We solved our first block, yay!
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 05:40:30 PM

Nice to know it's up and running.  I have been having troubles installing it but I am sure it is a problem on my end.  I am in a similar boat to tittiez.  I want to create a small pool for me and my friends just a private pool for now.  I was wondering about the payout setup but never had to worry cause I couldn't get that far.  When I tried to look at ozco.in their site tells me it is down.  I wanted to get a look at kind of what things will look like and how the will operate.  Tittiez if you have a link I may check out to see running that would be great if not I will plug away until I get it going.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Tittiez

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 08:36:37 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 09:56:36 PM by Tittiez

Nice to know it's up and running.  I have been having troubles installing it but I am sure it is a problem on my end.  I am in a similar boat to tittiez.  I want to create a small pool for me and my friends just a private pool for now.  I was wondering about the payout setup but never had to worry cause I couldn't get that far.  When I tried to look at ozco.in their site tells me it is down.  I wanted to get a look at kind of what things will look like and how the will operate.  Tittiez if you have a link I may check out to see running that would be great if not I will plug away until I get it going.

Few Tips:
1. Make sure bitcoind/litecoind are finished downloading blocks (You will know when the blk files stop gaining size that its done)
2. Make sure to be running with server=1, here's my config for ltc:
Code:
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=9334
port=9335

& the IP to the pool looks like this: http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:9339/ (yes, I set the port to 9339 rather then 8888)
& RPC port under CoinDaemon is 9334

3. I used the exact same user/pass that was already in the example config file for ecoinpool for a user. Only thing I had to change was that two "Replace Me!" passwords.
4. If you have a similar problem to me just PM me, since I had to figure it out myself. No need to bother p2k more.  Wink
5.I might be able to help you set up yours  Smiley

Pics of it working:
https://i.imgur.com/Qd0jZ.png
https://i.imgur.com/2Uc6R.png
https://i.imgur.com/Ga15b.png
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: