Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Collectivists at it again.  (Read 3233 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 05:06:22 PM

For the record, I was homeschooled from birth and ironically, I also ran several different schools in South Korea that were all Montessori curriculum, certified by the Montessori society. It's pretty fun stuff but in the US, I think it's almost the same thing as homeschooling.

I take it you never went to traditional schools then, either public or private? Just curious, feel free to ignore if you don't want to dig too far into your educational background.

It's all pretty much public information. I've been talking about it openly across the internet ever since I came to Korea.

I have signed up and completed a few online programs for higher education but I've never attended a brick and mortar school though no.

I find that if done right, it's perfect for people like me who already knew what they wanted to do since 11 years old (I don't need college at ALL, I need graduate school), but that my parents didn't do it right and unlike Zhou who learned mostly from Wikipedia, all I had was IRC. ;_;

I consider myself 10 years late/behind on most traditional subjects yet 100 years ahead on most of the real world applicable skills (because I wasn't brainwashed).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 05:56:48 PM

For the record, I was homeschooled from birth and ironically, I also ran several different schools in South Korea that were all Montessori curriculum, certified by the Montessori society. It's pretty fun stuff but in the US, I think it's almost the same thing as homeschooling.

I take it you never went to traditional schools then, either public or private? Just curious, feel free to ignore if you don't want to dig too far into your educational background.

It's all pretty much public information. I've been talking about it openly across the internet ever since I came to Korea.

I have signed up and completed a few online programs for higher education but I've never attended a brick and mortar school though no.

I find that if done right, it's perfect for people like me who already knew what they wanted to do since 11 years old (I don't need college at ALL, I need graduate school), but that my parents didn't do it right and unlike Zhou who learned mostly from Wikipedia, all I had was IRC. ;_;

I consider myself 10 years late/behind on most traditional subjects yet 100 years ahead on most of the real world applicable skills (because I wasn't brainwashed).

So you've never had the experience of having to ask permission to use the bathroom. Very nice.

About what percentage of your studies were "general purpose" or "universally desirable" beyond basic arithmetic and reading? I'm imagining classic literature or a book or two on logic. Or were reading, writing, and arithmetic it?

Of the remaining % of your studies that were aimed at specific end goals (metallurgic studies, as an example) was there a great deal of learning/studying/researching before you actually started getting involved in those areas... the "doing," as it were. I'm guessing some things you simply dropped and moved past.

(I understand I'm still using "schooling-oriented" terms that may not be accurate... it's quite possible you rarely spent a day just reading and focusing on "studies." It's the best I can do not having a firm understanding of it though, so my apologies.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 06:25:00 PM

So you've never had the experience of having to ask permission to use the bathroom. Very nice.

About what percentage of your studies were "general purpose" or "universally desirable" beyond basic arithmetic and reading? I'm imagining classic literature or a book or two on logic. Or were reading, writing, and arithmetic it?

Of the remaining % of your studies that were aimed at specific end goals (metallurgic studies, as an example) was there a great deal of learning/studying/researching before you actually started getting involved in those areas... the "doing," as it were. I'm guessing some things you simply dropped and moved past.

(I understand I'm still using "schooling-oriented" terms that may not be accurate... it's quite possible you rarely spent a day just reading and focusing on "studies." It's the best I can do not having a firm understanding of it though, so my apologies.)

I was raised on traditional Montessori principles, so everything was practical, hands on, etc. You can equate to having been in a trade school-- learn only the minimum required to get the trade done. Due to most college entry requirements consisting of graduating a high school accredited by a US Dept of Education recognized accreditation body (mine was middle states accredited), I had to do a correspondence high school. I wasn't really into it though and only did it because I figured it would help me later on in life. To tell you the truth, it hasn't yet! Neither has college, university, or anything else. You know what has helped me though is being an opportunist, dynamic, and talented. Those seem to carry me pretty far.

Bind

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 07:02:24 PM

taken with a grain of salt.

what do you expect from a communist and marxist rag like the atlantic ?

go take a look at their leadership and their affiliations in the atlantic media company.

its typical establishment controlled media masquerading as alternative and/or independent.

here is their press release for the company:
At a time when down is the new up, The Atlantic is bucking all trends. Expertly balancing an unmatched commitment to substance with a voracious appetite for innovation, this long-standing brand is at the top of its game with an envied roster of talent, powerful new content channels, and a following of the most important and influential readers in the country.

down is up, war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐