Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:25:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk requesting donations? Wtf?  (Read 6698 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 01:56:53 AM

Why donate when you know the money will be wasted?

How do you know that? Have you donated, or are you just another worthless leech here bitching about something because you have nothing to do on new year's eve?
Oh yea. Happy new year by the way. We had ours 10 hours ago.

So I take it you don't know how to party then...

You must have missed the Christmas Special.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 02:03:06 AM

How do you know that? Have you donated, or are you just another worthless leech here bitching about something because you have nothing to do on new year's eve?

Unfortunately, yes, but I plan to watch it sometime. I gotta head out to the festivities soon; perhaps tomorrow when I am so hungover I wish I was dead...
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 02:04:40 AM

Unfortunately, yes, but I plan to watch it sometime. I gotta head out to the festivities soon; perhaps tomorrow when I am so hungover I wish I was dead...

Judging by the reviews, that's the best time to watch it!

rapeghost (OP)

Activity: 419

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 03:17:04 AM

Its the newbie forum, idiot.
epbaha

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 03:43:38 AM

They are working to get new forums...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50617.0

I can't comment on that thread, but adding forum chat and a rating system similar to bitcoin-otc would make the trades that occur on this forum more secure and easier.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2012, 03:43:58 AM

lol, you haven't changed a bit  Cheesy  come on dude, spare some of those extra coins you buy Cheetos with, it's for a good cause and you keep up the good spirit

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 11:53:10 AM

Oh, a white knight? Wow, nice insults

Wake up, they want to waste the money in a "custom forum"?

How the hell can they make a decent forum? Things like vbulletin or phpbb took YEARS and tons of investment to have a good forum, and here they want to compete with them with 1000 BTC? Either they are wizards or something is wrong.

I had some experience with "custom forum"... bugs everywhere, let alone security.

Also what is the point in wasting money to make something when you can spend much less and have something much much much better? Vbulletin or Phpbb or others...

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 11:57:53 AM

How the hell can they make a decent forum? Things like vbulletin or phpbb took YEARS and tons of investment to have a good forum, and here they want to compete with them with 1000 BTC? Either they are wizards or something is wrong.

I had some experience with "custom forum"... bugs everywhere, let alone security.

Also what is the point in wasting money to make something when you can spend much less and have something much much much better? Vbulletin or Phpbb or others...

+1

Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 12:04:24 PM

I had some experiences with custom forums

First one on EVE Online: they deploy it. Tons of bugs, missing things and epic security bugs. You could do html inject via sign (no i'm not joking). They remove it after some days and deploy it months later, and still we don't like it

Later on Eurogamer: that forum is a joke, random bugs on tons of things, deleting account system don't work, ignore button was released only months later (but, it was possible to have ppl in ignore despite that... and no way to remove them then...), bug with adding images and text or video and text. Sure, they fixed some bugs, but remember that it took them months to make the forum and probably a lot of THOUSANDS of $

I dunno what the ppl of this forum want to do with making a "custom forum", i dunno why they don't want to use vbulletin or phpbb or something else, but so far the initiative makes no sense at all.

Funny fact: i frequent some amateur vbulletin or phpbb forums for my online groups&games&co, they costed almost nothing and work perfectly and have all features.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 12:40:20 PM

I had some experiences with custom forums

First one on EVE Online: they deploy it. Tons of bugs, missing things and epic security bugs. You could do html inject via sign (no i'm not joking). They remove it after some days and deploy it months later, and still we don't like it

Later on Eurogamer: that forum is a joke, random bugs on tons of things, deleting account system don't work, ignore button was released only months later (but, it was possible to have ppl in ignore despite that... and no way to remove them then...), bug with adding images and text or video and text. Sure, they fixed some bugs, but remember that it took them months to make the forum and probably a lot of THOUSANDS of $

I dunno what the ppl of this forum want to do with making a "custom forum", i dunno why they don't want to use vbulletin or phpbb or something else, but so far the initiative makes no sense at all.

Funny fact: i frequent some amateur vbulletin or phpbb forums for my online groups&games&co, they costed almost nothing and work perfectly and have all features.

Frankly I kind of like what they did over at somethingawful. Free base code, secure and functional extended top layer.

RandyFolds

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 08:16:20 PM

I am not white knighting it, I am just saying I think they should spend the money on whatever they want, and you should just do whatever you want.
Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 08:19:32 PM

More like

or are you just another worthless leech here bitching about something because you have nothing to do on new year's eve?

If they want money for new servers and buy vbulletin and/or setup a phpbb or vbulletin forum it's fine.

But the custom forum thing makes no sense.

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 09:25:45 PM

Exactly. Its not like vbulletin is bug free, but the chance of some freelance dev coughing up a codebase that is both more secure and more feature rich, is...well, lets be generous and say extremely tiny. Its almost like saying windows or OS-X is buggy and insecure, lets put out a bounty for someone to write a better OS from screatch. Good luck with that.

The sensible approach is to take a proven and mature OSS platform and tweak it where needed, but keeping in mind that any non trivial tweak is very likely to introduce new security issues and bugs.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 09:29:01 PM

The job is to deliver software meeting the specifications. It seems most likely that this will be done by modifying software such as SMF or vBulletin. I'm not asking specifically for software built from scratch.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 11:43:16 PM

All im saying, guys, is dont claim to be a non profit when you're not a non profit.

Also you all assume I havent donated. Well have you ever considered that I did donate and didnt give my name or tell where it was from because im not some type of douche bag who donates to be listed on the donation page?

Flame away.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 12:00:48 AM

All im saying, guys, is dont claim to be a non profit when you're not a non profit.

Also you all assume I havent donated. Well have you ever considered that I did donate and didnt give my name or tell where it was from because im not some type of douche bag who donates to be listed on the donation page?

Flame away.

Where is there a non-profit claim made?
rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 09:50:22 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html
rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 09:51:48 AM

Matthew N. Wright,

Do you IRC on Freenode in #bitcoin-otc? If so, what is your nickname?

Cordially Yours,
James "rg" Edward
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 06:25:34 PM

Matthew N. Wright,

Do you IRC on Freenode in #bitcoin-otc? If so, what is your nickname?

Cordially Yours,
James "rg" Edward

I'm a recovering IRC addict of 15 years so I try not to venture on there. Hard enough getting to sleep with Skype on every device I have.

rapeghost (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 04:39:44 AM

http://blockchain.info/address/4670d28b297da2751ae99bdc93a27ba1dace40f1

^-- Donation address. 620 BTC sent. To where? Good question James.....

Forum owner? answers?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: