Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:29:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to fiat exchange in Somalia  (Read 1210 times)
bilotrace (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 02:13:01 PM

Does any one know any bitcoin exchange in Somalia?
This is a great time to start one since US banks are stopping money transfers to Somalia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xv3AhTL13BU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 08:19:32 PM

are there enough somalians using bitcoin to try and open one?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 08:33:40 PM

This is a great time to start one since US banks are stopping money transfers to Somalia.

For Somalians in the US it may be workable to transfer to a Bank account of a Bitcoin exchange and then transfer from there to the destination bank.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
jhn2001

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 02:57:24 PM

and i always thought somalims always make ONLY a good pirate lol  Grin
knutase

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 08:28:28 PM

Maybe we will see some pirates demanding bitcoins for ransom in the future?  Cheesy
PrintCoins

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 08:44:18 PM

Maybe we will see some pirates demanding bitcoins for ransom in the future?  Cheesy

It is funny, but when I first learned about bitcoins and saw its potential, I thought, yeah, it is going to be the way ransoms are demanded in the future.

The problem with ransoms are you either need to be incredibly smart with inter-bank systems so that you can effectively receive money that you know can't be taken back, or you have to physically receive a satchel full of actual cash or gold (a very dangerous part of the whole process).

Now you can deposit your captured person in a location, get your bitcoins sent to you, and then give over the info as to where the person is (the last part is optional).

Add in the coming escrow option, and this gets even more clear for both parties in the exchange.

This works well also for drug trade and a bunch of other illegal operations where working with banking systems are not a viable option.

So far, I think criminals are slowly drifting into bitcoin. The small scale drug dealers are the first (with the silk road). I can tell it is not major yet though, as the price of bitcoins will skyrocket once it becomes the standard of criminal currency. With the potential of only 9 Million currently available to go around, and a price of $5 each, that doesn't leave much to go around for major criminal transactions.

anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 08:55:55 PM

and i always thought somalims always make ONLY a good pirate lol  Grin

Troll

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Libreyseco

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 09:15:40 PM

It is funny, but when I first learned about bitcoins and saw its potential, I thought, yeah, it is going to be the way ransoms are demanded in the future.

The problem with ransoms are you either need to be incredibly smart with inter-bank systems so that you can effectively receive money that you know can't be taken back, or you have to physically receive a satchel full of actual cash or gold (a very dangerous part of the whole process).

Now you can deposit your captured person in a location, get your bitcoins sent to you, and then give over the info as to where the person is (the last part is optional).

Add in the coming escrow option, and this gets even more clear for both parties in the exchange.

This works well also for drug trade and a bunch of other illegal operations where working with banking systems are not a viable option.

So far, I think criminals are slowly drifting into bitcoin. The small scale drug dealers are the first (with the silk road). I can tell it is not major yet though, as the price of bitcoins will skyrocket once it becomes the standard of criminal currency. With the potential of only 9 Million currently available to go around, and a price of $5 each, that doesn't leave much to go around for major criminal transactions.

It's true, I agree with your ideas. The criminals will use BTC to send ilegal money.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 12:38:35 AM

So it sounds like we need to set up a ransom escrow service. We'll call it BitNap.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: