Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:45:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 24" 16awg PCIE-PCIE and PCIE leads, and 18awg M-F-M Splitters (6pin and 6+2pin)  (Read 28018 times)
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:55:25 PM

45 cables still available, and about 70 splitters!

This means I need to order a new batch - If you have any requests for me to carry a certain cable or slightly modify the design of the last batch cables please let me know ASAP in this thread or by PM.

orders of MOQ 100 can get custom cables and might be able to ship directly from the manufacturer for a bit of a discount compared to reshipping from me. MOQ 200 is where the magic happens as it enables me to place larger orders and carry bulk pricing into the resales (why i could offer 24" cables this time for the same price as 12" previously)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:29:24 AM

45 cables still available, and about 70 splitters!

This means I need to order a new batch - If you have any requests for me to carry a certain cable or slightly modify the design of the last batch cables please let me know ASAP in this thread or by PM.

orders of MOQ 100 can get custom cables and might be able to ship directly from the manufacturer for a bit of a discount compared to reshipping from me. MOQ 200 is where the magic happens as it enables me to place larger orders and carry bulk pricing into the resales (why i could offer 24" cables this time for the same price as 12" previously)

Is shipping to France available?
If it is, I'll grab the remaining cables.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
Robert1211

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:21:36 AM

Buying cable in Bulk Quantity is a very wise decision you can save a lot of money by this, but just make sure you are buying from the trusted company because, if the cables come out bad, then it's going to end up very bad for you because of the Bulk quantity that you buy, so it's good to buy in Bulk quantity but always make sure you know the person or company you are dealing with, and all the best of luck for your project.

ROBERT FROM--- http://westcables.com/
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:47:58 AM

Buying cable in Bulk Quantity is a very wise decision you can save a lot of money by this, but just make sure you are buying from the trusted company because, if the cables come out bad, then it's going to end up very bad for you because of the Bulk quantity that you buy, so it's good to buy in Bulk quantity but always make sure you know the person or company you are dealing with, and all the best of luck for your project.

ROBERT FROM--- http://westcables.com/

I am actually very happy with these cables. Over the past year I have bought about 6-7 different power cable types on ebay looking to power PCIe gear using other methods (ATX connector, molex pairs, extensions split in half to act as leads), and everything is made of feeble little wires that surely are not 18awg as marked.

The cables i get now are thick. if you bend them they will retain the shape, and the internal wire is a true 16awg or the leads and 18awg for the splitters. They have been working like a charm since i got them, powering a wide variety of devices and power draws up to 300W per lead

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:22:12 AM

Honestly I'd like to see an 8pin EPS12v to 6pin PCIe adapter. I caniballized an EPS12v extender to attach leads from my R-Boxes but most of the hardware I'm ordering these days uses PCIe connectors, and most of these power supplies have 8pin 12v connector that I can't easily use.

I'm not sure how many others would be in the market for such, but I'd sure like to see it. Count me in for an order of at least two if you make them.
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:55:56 AM

Honestly I'd like to see an 8pin EPS12v to 6pin PCIe adapter. I caniballized an EPS12v extender to attach leads from my R-Boxes but most of the hardware I'm ordering these days uses PCIe connectors, and most of these power supplies have 8pin 12v connector that I can't easily use.

I'm not sure how many others would be in the market for such, but I'd sure like to see it. Count me in for an order of at least two if you make them.

I have an MOQ much higher unfortunately, and cannot see a market for sales of a cable like this in quantities greater than 1-10. In comparison PCIe leads and splitters often sell in much higher quantities to dedicated miners for server gear conversion

fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:57:26 PM

I have an MOQ much higher unfortunately, and cannot see a market for sales of a cable like this in quantities greater than 1-10. In comparison PCIe leads and splitters often sell in much higher quantities to dedicated miners for server gear conversion

No worries just thought I'd throw it out there. Might buy some of your bare ended cables and splice a few up myself if I wind up getting more s3's
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:01:07 PM

No worries just thought I'd throw it out there. Might buy some of your bare ended cables and splice a few up myself if I wind up getting more s3's

If you need something specific let me know.  It is what I do.

-sry kb

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:32:49 PM

If you need something specific let me know.  It is what I do.

-sry kb

no worries - youve bought cables from me before to modify to suit more specialized orders Smiley
Im open to custom requests if the MOQ is >50 or if I beleive that I can sell >50 of the design in a month. By comparison I sold more than 250 of the PCIe leads this past month and very few splitters, which indicates many of my customers are dealing with server supplies

ps: If you are looking for 1-10 splitters I can likely ship them for slightly less than the listed cost since they are a bit lighter than the 24" leads. I am open to custom-quotes based on what is needed on a per-customer basis

dance191

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:52:27 AM

Would there be any cost savings if the leads were a lot shorter?  Say rather than about 2 feet long, what if they were about 1/4 as long?   Material costs might go way down, shipping costs might as well (it would be only about 1/4 of the current weight). 

Personally, I run 10 gauge wire out to the PCI-E cables.  It is easier (and probably cheaper) if I keep the 10 gauge wire run as long as possible and minimize the PCI-E cable length.   I am not sure if others are trying to go straight from their PSU to the PCI-E cables, but I like having about 5 feet of cable between the PSU and the miner (just how my shelves stack best). 

If we could do the shorter length, I would buy a bunch.  Actually, I will buy some more either way, but the shorter cable works best for me Smiley
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:39:35 PM

Would there be any cost savings if the leads were a lot shorter?  Say rather than about 2 feet long, what if they were about 1/4 as long?   Material costs might go way down, shipping costs might as well (it would be only about 1/4 of the current weight). 

Personally, I run 10 gauge wire out to the PCI-E cables.  It is easier (and probably cheaper) if I keep the 10 gauge wire run as long as possible and minimize the PCI-E cable length.   I am not sure if others are trying to go straight from their PSU to the PCI-E cables, but I like having about 5 feet of cable between the PSU and the miner (just how my shelves stack best). 

If we could do the shorter length, I would buy a bunch.  Actually, I will buy some more either way, but the shorter cable works best for me Smiley

My first batch was 1' leads and i got a lot of feedback that they were too short unless used the way you do. I can realistically order a mix of long and short cables in the next batch, and a 6" lead would likely be about 50-60% the price and cheaper to ship

dlasher

Activity: 467

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:25:25 PM

Klondike_bar: You have PM! Smiley
dlasher

Activity: 467

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:40:34 PM

I'm interested in 8-pin to 8-pin. Like you'd run from the modular PSU and then to those splitters... about as heavy of gauge as you can fit in 8-pin, and 3ft length.

klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:22:53 AM

My first batch was 1' leads and i got a lot of feedback that they were too short unless used the way you do. I can realistically order a mix of long and short cables in the next batch, and a 6" lead would likely be about 50-60% the price and cheaper to ship

Awesome!   I was thinking about 6" leads, so 2 could bridge 2 PCI-E plugs on the S3.  Since it sounds like they are about half the cost, put me down for 250.  What is the turn around time for the new size to get made?  A few weeks or so?

by lead i mean bare wires on one end and a PCIe plug at the other. What you say above sounds better suited to my 6" M-F-M Y-splitters that would be great for powering all 4 sockets of an S3 using only two pcie connections

GigaWave

Activity: 239

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:35:06 AM

You have PM.
dance191

Activity: 261

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:39:25 AM

Awesome!   I was thinking about 6" leads, so 2 could bridge 2 PCI-E plugs on the S3.  Since it sounds like they are about half the cost, put me down for 250.  What is the turn around time for the new size to get made?  A few weeks or so?

by lead i mean bare wires on one end and a PCIe plug at the other. What you say above sounds better suited to my 6" M-F-M Y-splitters that would be great for powering all 4 sockets of an S3 using only two pcie connections

Sorry, by bridge I was trying to create a visual of the length of the wires (enough length to bridge the PCI-E plugs - about 6" on each wire would be enough).  I was thinking of using the 16 gauge, but 18 would be fine as well.  The 16 gauge do not heat up at all (using 2 on 1 stock S3), I am sure the 18 gauge would work just as good.  Bitmain has talked about making the S3 overclockable, but the current batches don't pull much at all.  Assuming this doesn't change, I bet 2 of the 18 gauge connectors could power a stock ant.  6 of the 18 gauge wires (2 PCI-E plugs - 6 +, 6 -) have more capacity than the 1 10 gauge wire that is feeding it...

Overall, if I am looking for short 18 gauge PCI-E, I could just use the splitter as you suggested.   You already had the solution Smiley

I will test that out and get back to you...  I imagine the 18 gauge will work good... 

On a side note, what about fabricating a pair of 10 gauge (1 +, 1 -) to 2 PCI-E?  Basically I could just splice that into the 10 gauge I have running off of the PSU, and I would have 2 PCI-E per pair of 10 gauge from the PSU.  That would be pure bliss right there!!! Smiley
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:59:41 PM

Sorry, by bridge I was trying to create a visual of the length of the wires (enough length to bridge the PCI-E plugs - about 6" on each wire would be enough).  I was thinking of using the 16 gauge, but 18 would be fine as well.  The 16 gauge do not heat up at all (using 2 on 1 stock S3), I am sure the 18 gauge would work just as good.  Bitmain has talked about making the S3 overclockable, but the current batches don't pull much at all.  Assuming this doesn't change, I bet 2 of the 18 gauge connectors could power a stock ant.  6 of the 18 gauge wires (2 PCI-E plugs - 6 +, 6 -) have more capacity than the 1 10 gauge wire that is feeding it...

Overall, if I am looking for short 18 gauge PCI-E, I could just use the splitter as you suggested.   You already had the solution Smiley

I will test that out and get back to you...  I imagine the 18 gauge will work good... 

On a side note, what about fabricating a pair of 10 gauge (1 +, 1 -) to 2 PCI-E?  Basically I could just splice that into the 10 gauge I have running off of the PSU, and I would have 2 PCI-E per pair of 10 gauge from the PSU.  That would be pure bliss right there!!! Smiley

The 18gauge splitter works fine and works well with the 16awg leads.  I power an Rk-Box using 2 leads and 2 splitters without issues, and thats for a power draw of ~460W which is more than an S3. The 18awg wire i use is very good quality

midyatspor

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

I sent you a PM, looks like the package is being returned to you.
MiningDavid

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:36:53 AM

Sending you a PM for 10 splitters.

David
switch100

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:25:54 PM

Just wanted to chime in to give props to klondike_bar.  These are solid cables; I have 50 of them in my workshop that I'm using for PSU conversions.

Buy with ease; klondike_bar is good people.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: