Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 24" 16awg PCIE-PCIE and PCIE leads, and 18awg M-F-M Splitters (6pin and 6+2pin)  (Read 28018 times)
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:10:55 PM

ps: im looking at the possbility of 36" cables or other esigns in the future - any requests or thoughts? (ps: i cant strand two connectors on a single 16awg lead - the cable is too thick - hence the splitter)

What are you trying to accomplish here?  I may be able to work something out for you.

Was looking to make 2-headed cables similar to what many psus ship with, but using quality 16awg wires. I was informed that the molex pcie crimp pins do not fit two 16awg wires, 2x18awg is the max

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:27:53 PM

ps: im looking at the possbility of 36" cables or other esigns in the future - any requests or thoughts? (ps: i cant strand two connectors on a single 16awg lead - the cable is too thick - hence the splitter)

What are you trying to accomplish here?  I may be able to work something out for you.

Was looking to make 2-headed cables similar to what many psus ship with, but using quality 16awg wires. I was informed that the molex pcie crimp pins do not fit two 16awg wires, 2x18awg is the max

Ah, I see.  But why would you want to increase the load so much on the 16awg lead by adding another terminal end?  I would think separate leads would be cooler and safer.  Is it a space saving issue? 

Anyway, just between you and me and the wall I can do double 16awg wire crimps even using the wire you sell.  It takes a bit of finesse and patience (and a couple of tricks) but it can be done correctly.  It is the method I use for making my 2:1 reverse adapters for Neptune/Titans.  Wink

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:10:26 PM

Ah, I see.  But why would you want to increase the load so much on the 16awg lead by adding another terminal end?  I would think separate leads would be cooler and safer.  Is it a space saving issue? 

Anyway, just between you and me and the wall I can do double 16awg wire crimps even using the wire you sell.  It takes a bit of finesse and patience (and a couple of tricks) but it can be done correctly.  It is the method I use for making my 2:1 reverse adapters for Neptune/Titans.  Wink

mostly for people who like filling all the connections on stuff like the S3, or multiple lower power devices. Would also mean 6" of wire for the second connector as opposed to 24", saving some cost and shipping.

Mostly just interested in what sort of wires people are interested in, as the majority of interest is the leads, but I also go through the 18awg splitters pretty quick.

ANYways: I now have >500 leads and 100 splitters in hand today

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:12:09 PM

Are these aluminum or copper wire?

aluminum wire. the 16awg can handle over 280W easily (I beleive someone said they loaded over 350W without issue - i havent tested that far)

klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:57:05 AM

bump to the top - plenty of cables in stock, and the splitters work great for antminers

klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:15:22 PM

bump to the top! This subforum buries things quickly Shocked

klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:05:57 AM

up to the top of the pile - plenty still for sale, and Im working on making a kit that can be easily used with a 2100W IBM server PSU

wmtomlinso

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:51:26 AM

HELLO...,

I'm ready to order more cables.  Im replacing the old thin wire on all my asics...

I'lll take 32 cables ( 24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires ) and basic US shipping = $95

I see you accept paypal.  lets do that on this order.

send me an invoice...
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:51:47 AM

HELLO...,

I'm ready to order more cables.  Im replacing the old thin wire on all my asics...

I'lll take 32 cables ( 24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires ) and basic US shipping = $95

I see you accept paypal.  lets do that on this order.

send me an invoice...

just responded via PM - confirm fro me and ill send an invoice today.

klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:58:28 AM

UPDATE REGARDING COMPATIBILITY WITH IBM POWEREDGE 2100W PSU:

Ive recently picked up one of these beast supplies, and been able to use my cables with it by simply adding some quick-disconnect fittings to my cables. This allows 8 cables on a single 2100W supply, or effectively 250w/PCIe (which is well within operating range for these 16awg wires).

only issue is that the connectors on the supply have a slight taper, and the quick disconnects can pull off if not careful. This is easily fixed with the application of some JB weld or similar metal epoxy. I'll have pictures up soon - the final product (including a layer of liquid electrical tape) looks clean and professional, and the method for jumpring the PSU to turn on is simply connecting 3 pins (5min solder job). Its possible to convert this ~$30 used PSU into a 2000W+ beast for only $30 in materials and maybe 30min of your time (less if you are doing a few simultaneously)

MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:32:48 PM

Could you please give me a final price for 64 24" leads shipped to USA?

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:39:49 AM

PM sent. as a general note, if you send me a PM ill see it sooner then i notice posts in the thread Smiley

MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:32:08 AM

PM sent. as a general note, if you send me a PM ill see it sooner then i notice posts in the thread Smiley

Got it Thanks.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:39:02 PM

Plenty of cables still in stock- these are perfect for running sp20 units, which can demand over 250w per pcie cable

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2602

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:59:48 PM

Any chance of you getting 8 pin cables?

I dont see much point in an 8pin cable - no ASIC hardware uses them, and most GPUs use only 6pin anyhow. The extra 2 pins are both black GND wires and AFAIK the GPUs with 8pin sockets will run fine with only a 6pin cable
The poster was no doubt referring to the 8-pin EPS +12v cables used on A1/A2 miners based on Innosilicon's boards eg. 'Dragons'.

They are designed for supplemental power to CPU's with 4 +12v and 4 returns. http://www.moddiy.com/pages/Power-Supply-Connectors-%26-Pinouts.html

Those are not the 6+2 PCIe GPU variants with the 2 extra returns in them.

And yes, I'd be interested in a few of them as well...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:22:54 AM

Any chance of you getting 8 pin cables?

I dont see much point in an 8pin cable - no ASIC hardware uses them, and most GPUs use only 6pin anyhow. The extra 2 pins are both black GND wires and AFAIK the GPUs with 8pin sockets will run fine with only a 6pin cable
The poster was no doubt referring to the 8-pin EPS +12v cables used on A1/A2 miners based on Innosilicon's boards eg. 'Dragons'.

They are designed for supplemental power to CPU's with 4 +12v and 4 returns. http://www.moddiy.com/pages/Power-Supply-Connectors-%26-Pinouts.html

Those are not the 6+2 PCIe GPU variants with the 2 extra returns in them.

And yes, I'd be interested in a few of them as well...

Ah - I suppose these could be made, but theres two issues:
1) cost will be about 30% higher (33% more wire, connector, and weight)
2) I really need a 100MOQ to create new cables. If anyone is interested in putting some deposit on at least 50 i could have them made, but from what ive seen the great majority of equipment is powered by PCIe.

Lay94

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:36:59 PM

Plenty of cables still in stock- these are perfect for running sp20 units, which can demand over 250w per pcie cable

Hello Klondike_bar,
I sent you PM - with no response from you.
I need 16 AWG cable with 6-pin PCI connectors on each side.
How much will it be?
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:52:21 PM

UPDATE REGARDING COMPATIBILITY WITH IBM POWEREDGE 2100W PSU:

Ive recently picked up one of these beast supplies, and been able to use my cables with it by simply adding some quick-disconnect fittings to my cables. This allows 8 cables on a single 2100W supply, or effectively 250w/PCIe (which is well within operating range for these 16awg wires).

only issue is that the connectors on the supply have a slight taper, and the quick disconnects can pull off if not careful. This is easily fixed with the application of some JB weld or similar metal epoxy. I'll have pictures up soon - the final product (including a layer of liquid electrical tape) looks clean and professional, and the method for jumpring the PSU to turn on is simply connecting 3 pins (5min solder job). Its possible to convert this ~$30 used PSU into a 2000W+ beast for only $30 in materials and maybe 30min of your time (less if you are doing a few simultaneously)

time for pics!

note that the pins for always-on are not yet shorted, but its easy to do.

klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:54:38 PM

Hello Klondike_bar,
How much will it be?

sorry, thought i got back to you already. I dont have any of those in stock, but am getting a pile of them in my next batch (should be in my hands just before christmas)

they will be slightly more expensive, about $0.20/cable more  for most order quantities

Lay94

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:21:33 AM

Hello Klondike_bar,
How much will it be?

sorry, thought i got back to you already. I dont have any of those in stock, but am getting a pile of them in my next batch (should be in my hands just before christmas)

they will be slightly more expensive, about $0.20/cable more  for most order quantities

Thank you for reply, will come back after Christmas Smiley

I also have a question - I have 2 HP ProLiant DL ML G6 G7 PSU 1200W - their outs are a blade? (not sure how to call this, similar to how cards are plugged in a motherboard in a computer)

- is there a way to "convert" them to feed miners? I.e. somehow make PCI outs?

Thanks again!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: