Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:05:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OReilly@FOXNews.com  (Read 6464 times)
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:55:13 AM

If someone watches Fox news on a daily basis I'm not interested in getting them into Bitcoin.

Stewart already touched bitcoin once.

How about reaching him?

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:02:07 AM

If someone watches Fox news on a daily basis I'm not interested in getting them into Bitcoin.

Stewart already touched bitcoin once.

How about reaching him?

Colbert and Stewart report on what the news reports, and O'Reilly is considered the news, and is one of their main focal points.

serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:34:29 AM

The plus is that he has a lot of viewers.
The negative?

Such a nice guy  Smiley

The negative is that all of his viewers are braindead inbred psychopathic fucktards without a clue and no desire to get one.

Fox is a parody news outlet whose viewers are illiterate imbeciles waiting for jesus and who loathe education, science and technology.

Bitcoin would make their heads explode.

....on second thought....

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:29:06 AM

The negative?

Such a nice guy  Smiley

The negative is that all of his viewers are braindead inbred psychopathic fucktards without a clue and no desire to get one.

Fox is a parody news outlet whose viewers are illiterate imbeciles waiting for jesus and who loathe education, science and technology.

Lol

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:01:29 AM

Did anyone see that a woman hosted his show today?

Beef Supreme

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:17:26 AM

The negative?

Such a nice guy  Smiley

....on second thought….

Harsh and funny.  Well done.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:55:19 PM

I really think that if he gets enough emails he will say something, and if he says something everyone will have a little segment to talk about O'Reilly talking about it.

tunafish

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 12:32:13 AM

So if a bunch of faux news viewers see a report on bitcoin (even on the unlikely chance its in a positive light) what's the upside? The amount that it would actually draw into bitcoin would be so tiny since many 65+ year olds have trouble with the computers and those internets, let alone the billclams or pitgoins or whatever they're called...you know those computer dollars

Feeling generous?
BTC: 1MiaKvvzhuCrbWJ2iXA9RceZfRpNDjwJTk
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:45:29 AM

The negative?

Such a nice guy  Smiley

I don't watch Fox News but isn't your statement as overly generalized and prejudiced as you believe all of their viewers to be?  

I don't watch Fox News but isn't your statement as overly generalized and prejudiced as you believe all of their viewers to be?

serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:45:32 AM

Nope. Cool

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Bitcoin Games

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 03:58:54 AM

Spending time on Fox News or their viewers has a worse return of investment than setting up a GPU mining rig.
genco

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:54:36 PM

o'reilly has the number one news show, with average 409k viewers in 25-54 demographic. so the attack on his viewers is an attack on the majority...do you really think that you are better than most people? hint: you aren't.

he is always balanced, great show
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:01:07 PM

"Tide goes in, tide goes out"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3AFMe2OQY&t=1m53s

I'd love to hear to hear the nonsense he'd say about Bitcoin  Cheesy
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:06:24 PM

Nope. Cool

Echo

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:15:08 PM

I love OReilly. He's the funniest dufus ever. It's hilarious to watch him struggle with understanding even the most basic facts in any subject. Him trying to get his head around bitcoin would be like watching a dog attend a math class.  Cheesy

He is probably "struggling" with how to spin reality.
OReilly is not dumb, he knows plenty of "basic facts on any subject."

I don't like him, but he is really good at what he is trying to do.

justbtcme

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:22:00 PM

Jon Stewart will eat this guy for brunch.
pwi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:15:14 PM

I'm a quasi-techie and only first learned about Bitcoin in early 2012 when the price was sub $20. O'Reilly is not new to talking about Bitcoin on his show. I'm eternally grateful for the seed that was planted that day. Had I not then watched his show; one of the only times I've watched his show ever; I would not likely be here (bitcointalk.org and financially free) today.

Somewhat unrelated; O'Reilly is a pretty entertaining watch, and Stossel has some good stuff on occasion. I don't watch any TV and rely on other to point to interesting tidbits.

Disclaimer: I was at an older family member's home and was casually watching. I am not a regular Fox News watcher.

Buy my PS3 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216554.msg2282760#msg2282760

Sign up with campbx:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=3lo7dSqrLOu Yes it's an affiliate link, but you will not see me touting anything I do not both believe in and make extensive use of myself. Campbx is one of those things.
AJ99

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:29:13 PM

ah, just like the rest, Dumacrats don't present facts, just half-truths and character assassination, FOX news is NUMBER ONE in the rating for a reason, they provide BOTH sides, I've watched those "other" "news" stations and all they do is complain about how they want to push their ideas on others and if those others don't change- they boycott, they bash, they lie ...etc.... smart people hold back emotions when debating, but for Dumacrats it is just 'hurry up and call them racist' and we can stop their FREE SPEECH .... obama called Bush unpatriotic for raising the debt by 5 trillion... only obama has raised it over 9 trillion dollars ,....thanks for transforming America into a third world nation, debt doubled, gas prices doubled, did you paycheck double? if you can say yes then you can comment on my right to FREE speech... good luck America...
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:56:58 PM

Aside from the point: Real Libertarians don't watch Fox News. To their credit, they take a pretty neutral stance on a lot of issues. They don't impose their personal beliefs on others or sign them into law. On a political level, they don't really give a fuck about pot legalization or gay marriage or most social issues - they just defer those votes to individual states and rely on the constitution for everything else.

Thank you, so few don't get this. Most people bucket everything into there own (usually wrong) version of a left-right divide, and then when you try to discuss anything with them will just assume every negative of their version of the "other side" and throw that at you. This is true of both sides. In general the libertarians I've spoken with are neutral on these left-right issues and focus primarily on not letting anyone (themselves, large governments, etc) impose their will on others. At the same time in general the lefties are much more likely to assume/throw at me a pile of false positions that I nor most people hold.

o'reilly has the number one news show, with average 409k viewers in 25-54 demographic. so the attack on his viewers is an attack on the majority...do you really think that you are better than most people? hint: you aren't.

he is always balanced, great show

I only watched O'Reilly once, couldn't care what his political views are but if he has a viewership why would anyone be against him discussing Bitcoin???

It's sad but it seems to be more common for people on the left these days to want to shutdown everyone not on "their side". This is true from not wanting faux news to discuss bitcoin, to calling those don't fully buy into global warming science "deniers" to shutdown all discussion (even if you assume the science is right there are still many flaws, but if you don't listen you'll never know them), to many other examples.

Anyone who reflexively says "we don't need those ignorant right-wing faux news watching a**holes" needs to look in the mirror to see what is wrong with much of the world today. From this thread there are many here.

I am sure a whole bunch of people here will say I have this backwards, but I've never seen any thread calling to block bitcoin from being discussed on MSNBC because they hate those ignorant backwards liberals, but you see this all the time the other way....
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:58:36 PM

The only thing that will happen if this idiot mentions bitcoin would be to trash talk it for spamming his email. Just like he did to Stephen Colbert.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: