Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:06:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-e account hacked :(  (Read 4638 times)
icet208 (OP)

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:15:33 AM

used yahoo mail..It shows log for 1 day before only
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:18:12 AM

Yahoo is not good as Gmail.In future always use a Gmail email to register and turn on the 2FA
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:23:14 AM

Then you have to mail Yahoo support to get the logs for the previous dates.
icet208 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:21:10 AM

Then you have to mail Yahoo support to get the logs for the previous dates.
i mailed them and they sayed that they can`t send me the logs only in case of law suit...But I know the "hacker`s" IP...I`m sure that he had acces to my email...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:21:59 AM

i mailed them and they sayed that they can`t send me the logs only in case of law suit...But I know the "hacker`s" IP...I`m sure that he had acces to my email...

This is just plain stupid. If someone is asking Yahoo mail whether anyone else has illegally accessed his mail, then the mail provider has the responsibility to reveal the information. One of the reasons why I never use this mail provider.
icet208 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:23:55 AM

i`l probably switch to gmail...
agharezai

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:02:53 PM

My btc-e account hacked today...someone has withdrawn all my coins and has already confirmed the transactions in my email...what to do???
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:06:45 PM

My btc-e account hacked today...someone has withdrawn all my coins and has already confirmed the transactions in my email...what to do???

Well write a ticket to support.  If you have the withdrawal addresses post them here.

Unfortunately once the coins are gone they are gone.  Unless the security breach was BTCe's fault you won't get your coin back.  Did you have 2FA enabled?
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:09:01 PM

About a week ago my btc-e account got hacked..he bought Ltc with all my Btc and us and withdraw all (also hacke my cryptsy.com account; didn't had may btc there)..in total he withdraw about 3 btc...I think he had acces to may email aswel..although he didn't left any clue..(no mails from btc-e.com or cryptsy.com..not in spam, trash..) Don`t know how this was possible..maybe keylogger...I had bitdefender total security last version and it didn`t intercept anything..I sent ticket to btc-e.com and they sent me the log (didn't had 2fa). The ip is : 93.115.84.195  It is a VPN from Romania. What should I do next?

You had a lot of money in the exchange. Not a lot you can do, except contact the VPN owner and BTC-e staff.  I'm surprised your cryptsy got hacked too, are you sure you don't have a trojan in your computer?  I mean the coincidence of both occurring is just very low.

I recommend using desktop wallets on a non-windows computer.. be it Mac, Linux or another system, simply because the number of trojans/viruses is smaller.

Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:10:32 PM

About a week ago my btc-e account got hacked..he bought Ltc with all my Btc and us and withdraw all (also hacke my cryptsy.com account; didn't had may btc there)..in total he withdraw about 3 btc...I think he had acces to may email aswel..although he didn't left any clue..(no mails from btc-e.com or cryptsy.com..not in spam, trash..) Don`t know how this was possible..maybe keylogger...I had bitdefender total security last version and it didn`t intercept anything..I sent ticket to btc-e.com and they sent me the log (didn't had 2fa). The ip is : 93.115.84.195  It is a VPN from Romania. What should I do next?

You had a lot of money in the exchange. Not a lot you can do, except contact the VPN owner and BTC-e staff.  I'm surprised your cryptsy got hacked too, are you sure you don't have a trojan in your computer?  I mean the coincidence of both occurring is just very low.

I recommend using desktop wallets on a non-windows computer.. be it Mac, Linux or another system, simply because the number of trojans/viruses is smaller.

The OP got hacked 4 months ago.  The thread was bumped by the person 2 posts up from yours.
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:11:58 PM

I'm sorry for your loss man, 2fa is a standard nowadays. Not just an added layer of security, but something you NEED.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:14:01 PM

I Think people who studied hacking and all these coding should be registered on a database so the NSA can watch them, maybe we will have less hackers in the world
This is one of the most stupid things I've ever read.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:18:06 PM

I Think people who studied hacking and all these coding should be registered on a database so the NSA can watch them, maybe we will have less hackers in the world

I agree with you. Should people who practice locksmithing be put on a list just because they might break in/steal people's stuff?
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

I agree with you. Should people who practice locksmithing be put on a list just because they might break in/steal people's stuff?

What makes you think NSA employees don't steal stuff, hack stuff and abuse the data they have? they do. This is somewhat their key mission. NSA is on the side of some corporations, not on the people - in their view, you are a bag of money to be robbed and a potential terrorist.

bitrex

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:44:02 PM

I cant belive that you dont have enabled 2fa
elliwilli

Activity: 307

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:52:59 PM

Damn, that sucks...
That's a lot of LTC you lost, Hackers like this are the type that give ethical hackers a bad name :\

I have only ever been breached once, when inputs.io got hacked and i lost very little from it.
Condolences OP.

fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 03:33:10 PM

Damn that really sucks, next time do the 2fa?

Once coins are gone, its gone.  Undecided

Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:49:49 PM

There is nothing you can do. Btc-e won't pay you back from their own pockets.
It is likely you have got a malware on your machine, and so you should do a thorough checking now.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:22:33 PM

Who will watch NSA, they make the internet security protocols and have the bigget digital surveilance in the world.
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 07:33:12 PM

There is nothing you can do. Btc-e won't pay you back from their own pockets.
It is likely you have got a malware on your machine, and so you should do a thorough checking now.

His email account is most likely compromised.

As for malware, watch out for a malware that "lock" your file and demand bitcoin payment.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: