Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:36:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-e account hacked :(  (Read 4638 times)
abora

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:09:34 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 10:02:05 AM by abora

be more cautious with your account

agharezai

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:16:18 PM

I have faced exactly the same issue as you...what to do?
BowieMan

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:19:16 PM

My btc-e account hacked today...someone has withdrawn all my coins and has already confirmed the transactions in my email...what to do???

There is nothing you can do. Btc-e won't pay you back from their own pockets.
It is likely you have got a malware on your machine, and so you should do a thorough checking now.

Wow so many people with that problem??? Could this be connected to the database leak or the hack of those Russian hackers that made this giant database? Or is BTC-e really still that shady and can't be trusted? What do you guys think?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:40:55 PM

Wow so many people with that problem??? Could this be connected to the database leak or the hack of those Russian hackers that made this giant database? Or is BTC-e really still that shady and can't be trusted? What do you guys think?
That you should use 2FA.
Just that.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
poisenrang

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:43:35 PM

It were the russians who got 1.2billion passwords ^^

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
btcguys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:02:13 PM

2FA is a must and btc-e.com require email confirmation before processing withdrawal request so that person must have access to your email and btc-e account. I suggest use gmail with 2FA as well as a wallet that supports 2FA. as mentioned by another user, this could be related to recent data breach.
CentCoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:06:34 PM

Russian can have passwords but he cant do enything if you have 2fa
BowieMan

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:34:40 PM

That you should use 2FA.
Just that.

I do use 2FA on every important account I have BTC in. But what if they really got access to so many credentials, what makes you think, they don't also have accessed the 2FA keys?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
agharezai

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:15:06 PM

My btc-e account was hacked on Thursday 7th and my 1100NMC + 1400PPC where withdrawn without me. they hacked my email too. the address they send my NMC to is: NKoRGdKkDHNQSTXwednEdyMsgnJA2oyxk2 and the address they used for PPC is: PXsMukRtNKo7rYrNoarMRnfqoNkff9k5E6 .
I sent tickets to btc-e support and they said: Your funds are gone out of the exchange and we can't bring them back to you.
what should I do???
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:24:32 PM

My btc-e account was hacked on Thursday 7th and my 1100NMC + 1400PPC where withdrawn without me. they hacked my email too. the address they send my NMC to is: NKoRGdKkDHNQSTXwednEdyMsgnJA2oyxk2 and the address they used for PPC is: PXsMukRtNKo7rYrNoarMRnfqoNkff9k5E6 .
I sent tickets to btc-e support and they said: Your funds are gone out of the exchange and we can't bring them back to you.
what should I do???

which email provider did you use? how did they get in your mail?
I think what you should do is contact your mail provider and ask if they have any log files. The person could have simply logged in your mail without protecting their anonymity. I guess that's the first step you can take  Smiley

agharezai

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:34:08 PM

I have used yahoo
btcguys

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:57:00 PM

Use gmail with 2FA as well. as far as I know, all withdrawals from BTC-e require e-mail confirmation before coins are released
RealDon

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:04:04 PM

I Think people who studied hacking and all these coding should be registered on a database so the NSA can watch them, maybe we will have less hackers in the world
Sounds like a terrible fucking idea that goes against everything bitcoin supports.

...not that everybody who studies coding/hacking isn't already in an NSA database, though.
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:17:58 PM

I Think people who studied hacking and all these coding should be registered on a database so the NSA can watch them, maybe we will have less hackers in the world

No, that would be an awful idea.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:34:35 PM

I'm surprised to hear these stories. 2FA is a must have. SMS 2FA is the best but  btc-e does not offer it.

Gmail has great 2FA for email accounts. You can even receive voice calls from gmail for verification. Pretty hard to beat that.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:39:02 PM

I have used yahoo

You could try to get a login history (IP-based) from Yahoo. Yahoo keeps logs of all information it can get from computers, including IP-address, yet I don't know if they are willing to share it. But I remember a story about Hillary Yahoo hacked in the past, so you might be in luck.
Other than that, did he send any e-mails from your account?

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:39:38 PM

First you should do a format of your current hard disk to be sure that the keylogger is erased.
Then turn on two factor auth in every account you can, and change your email to google.
psudoBTC

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:05:31 PM

I'm surprised to hear these stories. 2FA is a must have. SMS 2FA is the best but  btc-e does not offer it.

Gmail has great 2FA for email accounts. You can even receive voice calls from gmail for verification. Pretty hard to beat that.

Without 2FA to a device that is not associated with the computer you are using, you are almost asking to get hacked.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:28:51 AM

what should I do???

which email provider did you use? how did they get in your mail?
I think what you should do is contact your mail provider and ask if they have any log files. The person could have simply logged in your mail without protecting their anonymity. I guess that's the first step you can take  Smiley

Unfortunately if you didn't use the security offered by BTCe then the onus for security was placed on you and Yahoo.  Obviously your Yahoo access is compromised.  I would change your Yahoo password to something temporary, contact them as noted above and see if they can track down who else entered your account.  You can try filing a police/FBI report with the IP address once acquired from Yahoo.
BeeTeeSea

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:31:41 PM

im glad ive never put fiat into btc  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: