Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:44:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You guys need a reality check  (Read 9477 times)
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:06:49 PM

Really fascinating. As a study in human "reality making". If you go back and read this guy's posts over the last couple of years, it is amazing how he had already made up his mind (years ago) about what "is true" about bitcoin. And no matter what data shows up over the years that actually conflict with his "truth" he can not accept it, and just keeps believing the same old story. We humans (I include myself in this) obviously mostly only let in data that matches what we already believe (when we are "certain") and only data which supports our current version of reality. It is hard to stay honest to facts, and be truly scientific - and impossible if you have already made up your mind and are "sure"  Wink 

As of RIGHT NOW, 10K seem insane, utterly nuts, ludicrious, mentally disturbed to think about. I want to visit this thread in 10 years and prove myself wrong. This is the last chance for me to get some good luck going. Until them im gonna be racking as much BTC as possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:25:53 PM

Really fascinating. As a study in human "reality making". If you go back and read this guy's posts over the last couple of years, it is amazing how he had already made up his mind (years ago) about what "is true" about bitcoin. And no matter what data shows up over the years that actually conflict with his "truth" he can not accept it, and just keeps believing the same old story. We humans (I include myself in this) obviously mostly only let in data that matches what we already believe (when we are "certain") and only data which supports our current version of reality. It is hard to stay honest to facts, and be truly scientific - and impossible if you have already made up your mind and are "sure"  Wink 

As of RIGHT NOW, 10K seem insane, utterly nuts, ludicrious, mentally disturbed to think about. I want to visit this thread in 10 years and prove myself wrong. This is the last chance for me to get some good luck going. Until them im gonna be racking as much BTC as possible.

Last year, ~$1,200 "seemed insane" since the Bitcoin economy wasn't developed enough. Based on the strong fundamentals I think predictions of ~$25,000 within 5 years are very possible.

mr angry

Activity: 298
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:00:12 AM

What do you think the price will do in the short term?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:57:23 AM

What do you think the price will do in the short term?

Markets like to go both ways.  Cheesy
The bounce off the recent low was strong; It seems really likely that BTC will go higher in the next 7 days.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:57:07 AM

Thanks for Necro'ing this post. It really was more of a reality check in the sense that bears always say the same things and yet here we are at 100x the price since the OP's statement. Along with that the use for bitcoin has grown significantly in terms of where it's spendable, public awareness and usefulness in accepting/sending irreversible payments around the global nearly instantly. Someone needs to necro this post in another 2 years for perspective Smiley

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:44:42 AM

10) Last but not least, who the hell is stupid enough to pay $5.00 now for a bitcoin?

I will be "stupid enough to pay $5.00 now", are you still accepting offers by PM?  Cheesy

Seriously, Edward50 was not the only one to feel this way in early 2012; The first "bubble" had a wicked crash (followed by a long slow Bear market), so $5 to $7.50 looked like the high end for BTC prices.

I found out about Bitcoin when it was $5 but didn't decide to buy until it was $12. I decided not to just yet because I was concerned that there might not be much room on the upside!

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:21:00 AM

10) Last but not least, who the hell is stupid enough to pay $5.00 now for a bitcoin?

I will be "stupid enough to pay $5.00 now", are you still accepting offers by PM?  Cheesy

Seriously, Edward50 was not the only one to feel this way in early 2012; The first "bubble" had a wicked crash (followed by a long slow Bear market), so $5 to $7.50 looked like the high end for BTC prices.

I found out about Bitcoin when it was $5 but didn't decide to buy until it was $12. I decided not to just yet because I was concerned that there might not be much room on the upside!

You did much better than a lot of people. I have never stopped "loving" BTC as a great project, but...
Bitcoin was way above $50 before I realized the "big bubble" is based on really strong fundamentals.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: