Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:12:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling quality collectable Casascius coins........  (Read 12695 times)
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:36:40 AM

Havnt had time to digest the whitepaper yet. Looks like something Mike C. would have liked to do.

https://btcmanager.com/news/finance/bitcoin-gone-physical-the-satoshium-alternative/

Whitepaper....
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E-MYr6cEHzARXBA9cvOfFPwvggizNU5xSfct9SFwbYM/edit#heading=h.fwl6gdq5e77w

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:01:44 PM

Seems like an overly complicated way to store/mint bitcoins....  22 pages of how to use a physical bitcoin and redeem it on your phone???
Just print a paper wallet / DIY private/public combo...  All 6 "selling points" of this "Satoshium" are fulfilled by this.

Read it now. Yep. Far too many skips and hops to achieve something that should be done with very little effort.
I actually found it hard to get past... "We believe that to become mainstream as a worldwide transaction and savings medium, Bitcoin must be physical." 
Just no.
loopgate88

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:22:27 PM

What is the cheapest thing you have for sale, just out of curiosity?

I do have 10 7x Original Casascius 5btc blanks that were going to go on Ebay at £50 each. They are still in the blue tape Mike wrapped them in.

I also have 10x Gold-plate commemorative coins (including capsules) - £60/lot, + 8x Copper commemorative coins £50/lot. Including standard postage. Im not interested in splitting these into smaller lots. Sorry.

Above coins are in pics.

Tell me more about the blanks.
Do you have photos of them by themselves?
How much do you want for each lot?
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:49:15 AM

I do have 10 7x Original Casascius 5btc blanks that were going to go on Ebay at £50 each. They are still in the blue tape Mike wrapped them in.

I also have 10x Gold-plate commemorative coins (including capsules) - £60/lot, + 8x Copper commemorative coins £50/lot. Including standard postage. Im not interested in splitting these into smaller lots. Sorry.

Above coins are in pics.

Sorry loopgate. Im not able to put my hands on what i have left (about x5 coins), right now. If and when i do, i would probably want 0.1BTC (delivered) for one of these 5BTC blanks.....which probably means i will keep them!
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:56:33 PM

Above coins are in pics.

Sorry loopgate. Im not able to put my hands on what i have left (about x5 coins), right now. If and when i do, i would probably want 0.1BTC (delivered) for one of these 5BTC blanks.....which probably means i will keep them!

Blanks with Key?
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 04:23:50 PM

Above coins are in pics.

Blanks with Key?
I think i still have a sheet of keys, that Mike used to send out. Yes, they could be sold with the coin, but again, im not near where they are stored, currently.
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:34:09 PM

If the 25BTC coin is not sold before BTC hits $1000......the holo gets it!  Grin

Nearly  Grin

Actually, i thought about it for less than a minute, mid-moon, and was also thankful for the 8 hour trip needed, to have it in my hands!

LOL saved by the dump!

Current BTC price action says, i cant be saved anymore!  Undecided
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:38:31 PM

The dirty deed was done. Tis redeemed.   Grin

Problem i have now, is if i reply to Bitstamps nine AML/KYC questions. One of which, is where my Bitcoins came from.  Angry
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:35:50 PM

Problem i have now, is if i reply to Bitstamps nine AML/KYC questions. One of which, is where my Bitcoins came from.  Angry

Interesting, I'd think they came from the blockchain!   Cheesy

Is the information from this thread similar to what you're being asked? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1818079.0

stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:56:32 PM

Interesting, I'd think they came from the blockchain!   Cheesy

Is the information from this thread similar to what you're being asked? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1818079.0
7 of the questions are exactly the same as the OP. My ninth question, which really bothers me, was....

"what is the reason for accessing your Bitstamp account using IP addresses in Netherlands, Spain, France, Greece, Belgium, outside your country of residency."
The answer is simply because i was there. What other reason could it be, nefarious or otherwise? Ive yet to reply, so if anyones got any smart-arse answers, please post.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: