Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: and Gox... is baaack in the game  (Read 2667 times)
Arbitrageur (OP)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:26:21 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/investor-group-offers-buy-mt-gox-one-bitcoin/

Creditors will have two options. They can either receive a prorated amount from the 200,000 bitcoins recovered by Mt. Gox equal to roughly 20 percent of their claim, or obtain an equity stake of that amount in the revitalized Mt. Gox exchange.

The investor group pledged to set aside 50% of transaction fees to pay back creditors over time.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:28:45 PM

So, um... I'll buy MtGox for 2 BTC and execute the same plan!  Mark..?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 11:32:07 PM

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 11:35:31 PM

Buy Mt.Gox for 2BTC and repay MtGox users lost Tongue

this is not just so simple to buy MtGox and recover it from burned ashes to fenix.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:39:02 AM

Look at this:
Other members of the group include John Betts, a former Morgan Stanley and Goldamn Sachs executive who would serve as the new Mt. Gox CEO

Watch this crap get approved.  Cheesy

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 06:30:11 AM

So where we are heading with this..! One more false hope to the people lost their btc with mtgox..! how long they are going to stretch this flop story

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:51:01 AM

So where we are heading with this..! One more false hope to the people lost their btc with mtgox..! how long they are going to stretch this flop story

It's far from over.
Courts can take a loooonnnnnnggggggg time.
Of course, having a former Goldamn Sachs executive can speed things up quite a bit.

rohnearner

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 08:02:28 AM

It's far from over.
Of course, having a former Goldamn Sachs executive can speed things up quite a bit.
I don't know about Japan but such cases here in my country takes decades to solve and till than most of the victims either on dead list or even if someone stays alive feel Pity for them.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:06:01 AM

It's far from over.
I don't know about Japan but such cases here in my country takes decades to solve and till than most of the victims either on dead list or even if someone stays alive feel Pity for them.

That sounds awful.
In the USA it is slow, but in the range of ~1 to < 3 years.
That is a good question: Does Japan tend to take longer than the USA for debt cases in court?

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:10:57 AM

So gox is coming back to rob users again and then runaway again , nice startegy morons.
rohnearner

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 08:32:46 AM

That sounds awful.
In the USA it is slow, but in the range of ~1 to < 3 years.
That is a good question: Does Japan tend to take longer than the USA for debt cases in court?
its ~1to < 3years there..! here a man fought a case for almost 35years for being accused of scamming less than 1$ according to current exchange rate 37INR to be more precise while he was on his job , and in the end he won and found not guilty ..!

BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:46:07 AM

Still it might be only way to solve this problem. Price were symbolic as you might guess...

I like the portfolios of players who decide to buy it.

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:47:06 AM

Salt on wound
jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:48:05 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 08:27:30 PM by jbrnt

NO, gox is not coming back to haunt us yet again!

Even if gox is resurrected from bankruptcy, would users go back to trading at gox? Would worldwide banks allow faster/limitless fiat transfers in and out of gox with this new management?
rohnearner

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:48:36 PM

NO, gox is not coming back to haunt us yet again!
There are already so many things haunting us around these days... we don't want them back..!

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:09:47 PM

this is not just so simple to buy MtGox and recover it from burned ashes to fenix.
Well, it does appear to be that simple from the terms laid out by the "investor" group.  The fact is, the investors aren't putting anything more than 1 BTC into the company.  They'd be using the existing 200,000 BTC to pay out to creditors, and then the existing exchange to generate more income to pay back the creditors over time.

The "investors" would essentially be getting 50% of all future profits at zero expense or risk to themselves.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:16:28 PM

This is a long term moneymaker for these investors. They will probably be able to pay back debts in a couple years through exorbitant transfer fees
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:24:38 PM

Well, it does appear to be that simple from the terms laid out by the "investor" group.  The fact is, the investors aren't putting anything more than 1 BTC into the company.  They'd be using the existing 200,000 BTC to pay out to creditors, and then the existing exchange to generate more income to pay back the creditors over time.

The "investors" would essentially be getting 50% of all future profits at zero expense or risk to themselves.

It's a great deal if they get approval.
The "investors" have many international connections, so this (sadly) could get approved.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 08:13:40 PM

That is ... amazing ... I am not judging anyone ("investors") but IF those investors are working in group with Mark K.... this will be biggest scam in BTC history ever done..

But perhaps ... if they will repay the creditors I do mind - let them to that - and my suggest is - when you will get your Goxed money back - delete your MtGox account and never ever come back.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:09:20 PM

That is ... amazing ... I am not judging anyone ("investors") but IF those investors are working in group with Mark K.... this will be biggest scam in BTC history ever done..

But perhaps ... if they will repay the creditors I do mind - let them to that - and my suggest is - when you will get your Goxed money back - delete your MtGox account and never ever come back.
What is amazing to me is that people aren't just immediately seeing right through this.  I think an offer to buy out the company without actually putting any money into it or using their own funds to make the debts right is complete BS.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: