Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:55:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [kFC] Futurecoin|Groestl-Skein-SHA256|IPO end in 1 HOUR!  (Read 30680 times)
thefuturecoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:30:03 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 10:14:08 PM by thefuturecoin

Password is "coinreleasetoday" (with no quotations)!
Launch thread here!

IPO Investor List
Official IPO Escrow Address [Anon136]: 1ERe3KW6GoNV4HfN3SpgqjAPcCvCWX9K1x
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=565610.msg6232741#msg6232741

OLD DIRECT INVESTMENT ADDRESS (DO NOT USE): 1EPN1kDQGQKHrxbR6QQmD6JbqNUX1p6TSC
See below for escrow, refund options, translations.
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING DIRECT INVESTMENTS, ALL INVESTMENTS WILL NOW GO THROUGH ANON136

Update New wallet design!

Logo:

Futurecoin is a fundamental change in the design of a typical cryptocurrency. We have adopted a proven model found in many publicly traded corporations across the world in it that our longterm block maturity is designed to simulate the characteristics of graded vesting, such that we would create an environment of miners working to improve the coin and thus the coins value, whilst still stalling the desire to immediately dump. The nature of this model also gives rise to a litany of services that would be central to the coin, such as a strong futures market that would mitigate the risk of all investors and miners that hold the coin, and a new pool design for those that need Futurecoin immediately.  

Algorithms: Skein, Groestl, SHA256
Block rewards: Starts at 100 kFC (see block schedule below)
3 minute block time, 1 min per algo
nDefaultPort = 10900
nRPCPort = 10901
Proof of Work

IPO: 5 million kFC (5 billion Futurecoin)

Block Schedule (halves every year):
1-526,000 blocks - 100 kFC    -      From 2014-2015
526,000-1,052,000 - 50 kFC    -    From 2015-2016
1,052,000-1,578,000 - 25 kFC    -   From 2016-2017
1,578,000-2,104,000 - 12.5 kFC    -    From 2017-2018
2,104,000-2,630,000 - 6.25 kFC    -    From 2018-2019
2,630,000-∞ - 5 kFC       -    From 2019-∞

Dynamic Block Maturity -

The reasoning behind our long block maturity is simply to keep the miners in check. It is to prevent the instant "mine and dump", and give miners a vested interest in the success and stability of the coin. Not only does this give the coin more resilience in the first few weeks of usage, it also reduces risk among those that hold the coin through our futures market.

Similar to "vesting" in a stock option. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employee_stock_option#Contract_differences

*IPO and bounty accounts for first 400 blocks.

2 week block maturity: 401-14000 blocks
3 week block maturity: 14001-140001 blocks
4 week block maturity: 140001- ∞ blocks

Example wallet block maturity timer:

3 Algorithm Mining -

We are using three different algorithms in order to promote fair mining across a wide user base. Each algorithm uses it’s own independent difficulty, and are mining the same block chain. This means each algorithm has an equal share of blocks found. Futurecoin has a 1 minute block time per algo, such that each algorithm should find a block every 3 minutes.

These 3 algorithms have in part been chosen for maturity. These are not brand new, supportless, algorithms that require any extraordinary setup. Each has released pool software, GPU/CPU/(ASIC) miners, and extensive usage in Groestlcoin, Skeincoin, and indeed, Bitcoin.

Groestl (old GPU/CPU) - Groestl makes wide range of trade-offs between throughput, latency, and power consumption. Because of this, groestl uses less power per hash than other algos.
Due to the less complex hashing, groestl performs well on older GPU’s as well as CPU’s.
http://www.groestl.info/Groestl.pdf

Skein (new GPU/CPU) - Skein is fast (3 times faster than SHA-256) and energy efficient. It combines speed, security, simplicity, and a great deal of flexibility. Furthermore, it’s scalability allows for mining on any device, and only requires 200 bytes of memory for implementation.
http://www.skein-hash.info/about

SHA256 (ASIC) - The original bitcoin hashing algo, mature hashing function with deployed ASIC’s. Included to make coin accessible to ASIC miners as well as GPU/CPU miners.

Why no “cpu only” hashing function? - GPU’s are increasingly becoming general purpose computing processors. Due to the inherently parallelizable nature of PoW schemes creating a “GPU proof” hashing function is counter productive and only benefits those with early access to GPU miners. Furthermore, we believe CPU algorithms are just an invitation for botnet/cloud mining. See Litecoin, Heavycoin, Quark, etc. for examples of failed attempts.

ASIC resistance -
We have decided to forgo the usage of Scrypt, given the impending rise of ASIC’s. Instead, we are falling back to the old roots of SHA256 mixed with the new algorithm’s of Skein and Groestl. Given that SHA256 is the only currently ASIC’able algorithm, they cannot take more than 33% of the blocks found. However, SHA256 miners are still given the opportunity to mine.

We would also like to note that no hashing function is “ASIC proof”. The cost to develop an ASIC for groestl and skein should act as a deterrent until Futurecoin achieves widespread adoption.

kFC -
1 FC is the base unit for Futurecoin; it is indivisible much like one real coin. 1 kFC is thus 1 kilo Futurecoin. This is an attempt is counter unit bias (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16771803) that negatively impacts other coins.

1000 Futurecoin is the equivalent of 1 kFC or 1 thousand FC. This should be a more convenient unit to use for larger amounts of Futurecoin.

Why an IPO?:

Many users are wary of extremely shady and unregulated IPO's that could run off with all investments at a moments notice. Furthermore, all the coins invested would fall straight into the pockets of the developers, who's motivations are sketchy at best. Lack of escrow, high premine percentage, dubious IPO setup, unfulfilled claims, previous scam coins (most noticably Stackcoin). All of these factors give IPO's bad reputations.

We are also aware that those that do invest in altcoins and are in it for the quick pump and dump. Such market volatility can easily lead to the rapid death of a coin.

To counter this volatility, we will be using 60% of the IPO funds to set a buy floor at 25% under the final estimated value derived from the IPO. We will keep this buy floor on the largest running exchange (24-hr volume wise) for 2 weeks. All of our market movements will be announced on the thread.    

In addition, we will be using the IPO funds generated to “purchase” bribe a quick listing on Mintpal. This is mostly to ensure a smooth “build up” week before the first matured coins are released.

This will be a 3 phase IPO, each being a non independent percentage from the 5 million kFC IPO allocation. Each phase will be rewarded coins from different block maturities. Details are as follows:

Incentives:

Phase 1 - 1 week block maturity - From 4/10 - 4/18
Phase 2 - 2 week block maturity (on par with mined coins) - From 4/19 - 4/25
Phase 3 - 3 week block maturity - From 4/26 - 5/2

Investing -

We are no longer offering direct investment! Please see below for official escrow!

Official Escrows -
Now Offering Escrow For FutureCoin

The way this escrow works: You send bitcoins to my escrow address. I hold them until you give me digitally signed instructions to release them. Instructions must be signed by one of the addresses that you sent from in your transaction to my escrow address. You may release the coins to the devs at any time or have them refunded at any time. I will subtract a fee of 0.02btc or 0.9% which ever is greater upon the release of the funds.

If you dont know how digital signatures work yet its not a big deal. It's pretty simple and i can walk you through it when the time comes. All you need to worry about right now is: YOU MUST BE IN PERSONAL POSSESSION OF ONE OF THE PRIVATE KEYS THAT YOU SEND FROM. Examples would be a client on your desktop or a blockchain.info ewallet (make sure that you know your password and can sign on to you account through a browser). Examples of where not to send from would be an exchange like bistamp or a bitcoin based service like betsofbitco.in. If you send to me from an address that you do not have personal control of than your coins will be lost.

If you have read and agree to these terms than feel free to send to this address at any time:

BTC: 1ERe3KW6GoNV4HfN3SpgqjAPcCvCWX9K1x

Thanks and goodluck!

2. Either post here, PM me (as in thefuturecoin), or bitmessage Pendere, with your transaction ID and amount sent. We will ask you to fill out a Google documents form in order to quickly organize all investor data.
Please only send from a single address! We will not accept multiple transaction ID’s.

3. We will respond in a PM by the end of the day (EST) verifying your investment, and send you your private/public key by the end of the phase.

4. Depending on the phase (refer to payout schedules below), you will import the private key into your Futurecoin wallet and PM/POST/BM us your PUBLIC Futurecoin address, and verify you are ready to receive coins. This MUST match the address we had generated for you prior.

Payout schedule -
1 week after launch, Phase 1 investors will receive matured coins.
2 weeks after launch, Phase 2 investors will receive matured coins.
3 weeks after launch, Phase 3 investors will receive matured coins.

We will keep updated expected coins in a public Google docs.

Refund Policies:
1. Any direct investor can request to have their coins refunded by the end of the phase.
2. If by launch, it is clear that the community does not support the launch of the coin, we will refund all coins across all phases to the address it was sent from.
3. If for any reason you feel you no longer believe in the coin before the 1st coins have matured, and after the IPO phase has ended, we will repurchase the coins from you at -25% of the BTC you invested.

Password’d download links will be posted 1 week before release to ensure a smooth and timely launch. We will already have seed nodes running in the US, Asia, and Europe.

Windows Wallet:

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!FddiEZ5I!yfuHoA4AFb03G6ZiZi1olMDWOF7lAmk0tdVo8CvVFQY
Virus scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/7cb702397802c73a3847d31c5d8b9c49d76e2f92822ca85543a65adfec9a4e74/analysis/1398629341/

Source: https://github.com/thefuturecoin/futurecoin

RPC Configuration:
http://pastebin.com/XeU70wUM

Nodes:
Code:
seed1.thefuturecoin.org
seed2.thefuturecoin.org
seed3.thefuturecoin.org
seed4.thefuturecoin.org

[/b]

Miners:

Bitmessage:
Friedman -  BM-2cWac2vRy6ZdL8hexVFyCxvGTWMzsDYo5C
Pendere -  BM-2cUs1rsYXD8zAreXd2x9af1aJwqhjo1qxm

Bitcointalk:
Friedman
Pendere

E-mail:
thefuturecoin@gmail.com
penderere@gmail.com

IRC:
You can find us at the Freenode IRC @ #futurecoin

Will be listed shortly.

Vote for us at MINTPAL:

BTC/kFC exchanges:

Futures markets:

USD/kFC exchanges:

We will only be listing the most trusted pools given the long term block maturity. We do not recommend mining on any non-listed pools.

Please do not message us for listing, we will evaluate each and every pool advertised here. We’d also like to ask that you do not spam your pool in our thread.

Maturity Switching Pools*:

SHA256:
Skein:
Groestl:

MPOS pools:

SHA256:
Skein:
Groestl:
p2p pools:

SHA256:
Skein:
Groestl:

*pools that operate by cashing out matured Futurecoin immediately, holding on to mined immature Futurecoin for 2-3-4 weeks. This is essentially swapping immature Futurecoin for mature Futurecoin using existing platforms. Expected to have a large fee. MUST be able to provide evidence that they can operate for 2-3-4 weeks until immature coins come out. If you are a pool operator that would like to invest in the IPO for this purpose, please contact us!

Please contact Pendere, or message us (thefuturecoin) to claim your bounty.

TOTAL: 100,000 kFC (to be allocated).

10,000 kFC - 1st Futures Market
5,000 kFC - 1st Exchange
4,000 kFC - 2nd Exchange
2,000 kFC - 1st article @ any major cryptocurrency/finance site
1,000 kFC - 2nd article @ any major cryptocurrency/finance site
2,500 kFC - 1st block explorer (note: must be able to read maturity time)
1,250 kFC - 2nd block explorer
1,000 kFC - 1st Maturity Switching Pool (any algo)
500 kFC - 2nd Maturity Switching Pool (any algo)
500 kFC - 1st blog review
300 kFC - 2nd blog review
250 kFC - Chinese Translation of pre-ann thread
250 kFC - Russian Translation of pre-ann thread (Completed by BeebopFive, see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577971.0)
250 kFC - Spanish Translation of pre-ann thread (Completed by lcharles123, see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582304.msg6364979#msg6364979)
250 kFC - Portuguese Translation of pre-ann thread (Completed by miner7788, see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=574817)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamphoenix

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:39:08 PM

yawn Myriads first clone

try a different ticker symbol
KFC = Kentucky fried chicken

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
thefuturecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:43:19 PM

yawn Myriads first clone

We are simply building upon the best ideas of the time and adding our own innovations. Do you believe that myriad is simply a Bitcoin clone?

Furthermore, that's not our ticker symbol. It's short hand for kilo Futurecoin, which is explained if you read the OP.
DixieWhiskey

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:53:30 PM

What's the purpose of such long maturity times for mined blocks?
thefuturecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:04:59 PM

What's the purpose of such long maturity times for mined blocks?

To give miners a vested interest in the success and stability of the coin. It also prevents them from dumping immediately after mining.
Similar to "vesting" in a stock option. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employee_stock_option#Contract_differences
doge94

Activity: 349

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:25:08 PM

Nice to see some innovation around here.
It will be interesting to see how miners react.
procrastinationtm

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:32:01 AM

Looks interesting! Withdrawing 0.03 as I write this.

BTC sent:
Transaction ID:
9e09d3289b927325c1b1bb07277b3a44863f7731db33b0507a2798b7cc8db243
doge94

Activity: 349

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:16:25 AM

I am probably gonna make a pool. More details soon.
okayhowsthis

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:23:37 AM

Didn't myriad have an awful launch? How are you going to do better?

Either way I'll be keeping my eye on this coin
DLow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:24:51 AM

i will mine it.

AND THEN DUMP IT!
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:44:54 AM

I love the innovation of the coin and we would like to claim the bounties for first blog post and Chinese Translation of Pre Ann. Also how much is the minimum investment required for the IPO? Smiley Also once the coin launches can we host a giveaway on our blog too? We will get to work on both on these tomorrow as it's a bit late here tonight.
thefuturecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:55:30 AM

I love the innovation of the coin and we would like to claim the bounties for first blog post and Chinese Translation of Pre Ann. Also how much is the minimum investment required for the IPO? Smiley Also once the coin launches can we host a giveaway on our blog too? We will get to work on both on these tomorrow as it's a bit late here tonight.

There is no minimum investment, all are welcome to join the IPO.

You don't need our permission to host a giveaway. Feel free! We might even allocate some of the leftover bounty to third party giveaways on launch day.
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:00:31 AM

yawn Myriads first clone

winning!  Grin
czvezda

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:32:02 AM

With such long maturity period pools will be at least 2 weeks behind paying to the miners which creates anxiety and uncertainty. I don't think people will be willing to pool mine due to this.
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:16:32 AM

so the big dump starts only 2 weeks after the mining, big whoop.

nope
thefuturecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:12:21 PM

With such long maturity period pools will be at least 2 weeks behind paying to the miners which creates anxiety and uncertainty. I don't think people will be willing to pool mine due to this.

See: maturity switching pools. If we can get no trusted pool operators behind this, we'll run an official switching pool and burn the fees.

It's when the first coins hit the market, not a huge release of all the coins in the past 2 weeks. People will start gradually selling mined coins, which I believe the market is able to support, as opposed to one massive "I've been mining for 2 weeks here are all my coins" dump.

Additionally, the entire period between launch and coin release will allow to market to mature based off of whatever the IPO price. This will heavily depend on how much traction we get.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 12:18:26 PM

sooo the dump will be delayed by some time  Cheesy

Friedman

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:21:53 PM

Didn't myriad have an awful launch? How are you going to do better?

Either way I'll be keeping my eye on this coin

The main problems I see with that launch are as follows.

1. No pre-ann
2. Lack of reliable pools on launch
3. Lack of compiled miners on launch
4. Lack of buy support
5. Lack of reliable nodes on launch

I believe that we have solved these problems.

By the time the first coins come out people more people will be holding non mature coins. These people should be promoting the coin and creating a stable price. Dumping is a problem faced by almost every coin but having a large base of people vested in the success of the coin combined with built up buy support on the exchanges before the first coins come out should mitigate this effect.
SwitchMyCoins

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:37:53 PM

Interesting, i'm in Smiley
thefuturecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:53:44 PM

Interesting, i'm in Smiley

Welcome. Let me know if you have any questions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: