Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:28:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [kFC] Futurecoin|Groestl-Skein-SHA256|IPO end in 1 HOUR!  (Read 30680 times)
thefuturecoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:29:57 PM

中文翻译在哪里?

No Chinese translation
You want to translate?
没有中国翻译
你要翻译?

Google translate. Sorry for any errors.
谷歌翻译。对不起任何错误。
hounou1042

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:45:09 PM

yes i will try
Friedman

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:14:38 PM

yes i will try

Ok please PM thefuturecoin after you finish.
thefuturecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:26:16 PM

Updated the thread with a bit more information. Feel free to ask questions, express concerns, etc.
liu2014

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:04:18 AM

kfc very good in china!

i send alittle btc
thefuturecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:22:13 AM

kfc very good in china!

i send alittle btc

I have sent you a PM to confirm your investment.
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:23:51 AM

I love the innovation of the coin and we would like to claim the bounties for first blog post and Chinese Translation of Pre Ann. Also how much is the minimum investment required for the IPO? Smiley Also once the coin launches can we host a giveaway on our blog too? We will get to work on both on these tomorrow as it's a bit late here tonight.

There is no minimum investment, all are welcome to join the IPO.

You don't need our permission to host a giveaway. Feel free! We might even allocate some of the leftover bounty to third party giveaways on launch day.

Excellent thanks for the kind reply..I am glad I have a little time to save up some money for this. Smiley
thefuturecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:02:19 AM

I love the innovation of the coin and we would like to claim the bounties for first blog post and Chinese Translation of Pre Ann. Also how much is the minimum investment required for the IPO? Smiley Also once the coin launches can we host a giveaway on our blog too? We will get to work on both on these tomorrow as it's a bit late here tonight.

There is no minimum investment, all are welcome to join the IPO.

You don't need our permission to host a giveaway. Feel free! We might even allocate some of the leftover bounty to third party giveaways on launch day.

Excellent thanks for the kind reply..I am glad I have a little time to save up some money for this. Smiley

Thanks for the support. Let me know if you have any more questions!
procrastinationtm

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:40:38 AM

damn my percentage of the IPO is down T_T
Friedman

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:35:12 AM

damn my percentage of the IPO is down T_T

Don't worry. The more the merrier.
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:06:26 PM

if somebody join to ipo with 1btc, he receive about 90% ipo Smiley
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:33:28 PM

amount sent: 0.02btc
Id:
b13279079ffd8eee59ef932177239674ad03b95ad4e6f96e40421e7f24a41aa8
Friedman

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:01:57 PM

amount sent: 0.02btc
Id:
b13279079ffd8eee59ef932177239674ad03b95ad4e6f96e40421e7f24a41aa8

Welcome! We will send you a PM with more instructions soon.
Friedman

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:00:36 PM

The distribution tends to even up at the end of the ipo.
btcrising

Activity: 122

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:35:34 PM

An IPO setup like this heavily favors whales. The distribution is skewed to those in a better place for market manipulation, and thus the premise of a building buy support is flawed, given that the IPO investors will immediately dump on exchanges. It's like a game of chicken, but with whales.
Friedman

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:41:41 PM

An IPO setup like this heavily favors whales. The distribution is skewed to those in a better place for market manipulation, and thus the premise of a building buy support is flawed, given that the IPO investors will immediately dump on exchanges. It's like a game of chicken, but with whales.

Whales have no incentive to dump on exchanges because manipulating the market would only hurt their own investment. Furthermore IPO coins have a vesting period too.

Do you have a better way to distribute?

It's like saying that people would dump a stock after an IPO.
btcrising

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:50:40 PM

Whales have no incentive to dump on exchanges because manipulating the market would only hurt their own investment. Furthermore IPO coins have a vesting period too.

Your description of a "building buy support" period in which no coins are released essentially equates to "let's see how much hype we can drive to see how fast the price will rise. Thus when the phase 1 investors receive their coins (and it does not look like there will be many phase 1 investors), they will already be faced with a "pumped and primed" market which is ripe for a quick dump. Now, given that the IPO is a non independent percentage of the total coin cap which looks to be 5,000,000 kFC, the small percentage of phase 1 investors hold immense trading power... since they're the only source of coins for a week.

Phase 2, phase 3, and the mined coins will immediately flood the market in the next 2 week period, destroying gains made by phase 1 investors and general traders. But during the week of essentially free trading and circle jerking, I would expect the price to fluctuate immensely before the bulk of the IPO coins get distributed.

The 3 phase distribution does not give enough weight to phase 1 investors. This could be avoided if this coin had significant momentum from the launch, but as of right now you barely have .125 in IPO investments.

And people do dump stocks right after an IPO. See twitter, facebook.

Additionally, as far as I can tell the amount of IPO coins will be greater than mined coins for something like a month. IPO investors as a whole will have a huge say in where this coin goes.
Friedman

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:02:49 PM

Your description of a "building buy support" period in which no coins are released essentially equates to "let's see how much hype we can drive to see how fast the price will rise. Thus when the phase 1 investors receive their coins (and it does not look like there will be many phase 1 investors), they will already be faced with a "pumped and primed" market which is ripe for a quick dump. Now, given that the IPO is a non independent percentage of the total coin cap which looks to be 5,000,000 kFC, the small percentage of phase 1 investors hold immense trading power... since they're the only source of coins for a week.

Phase 2, phase 3, and the mined coins will immediately flood the market in the next 2 week period, destroying gains made by phase 1 investors and general traders. But during the week of essentially free trading and circle jerking, I would expect the price to fluctuate immensely before the bulk of the IPO coins get distributed.

The 3 phase distribution does not give enough weight to phase 1 investors. This could be avoided if this coin had significant momentum from the launch, but as of right now you barely have .125 in IPO investments.

Additionally, as far as I can tell the amount of IPO coins will be greater than mined coins for something like a month. IPO investors as a whole will have a huge say in where this coin goes.

Phase 1 investments will be a very small amount of the total IPO. Traders will know of the distribution scheme and will not pay more than it is worth. Investors and traders will trade based on the best available information. They will not pay more for something when they know there will be more coming. On a final note there will always be people with vested interests in the coins success. They will promote the coin and help keep the price stable.

Will there be some fluctuations during the first couple weeks? Yes, but that is a price we pay for free markets and future stability.

IPO investors as a whole will have a huge say in where this coin goes.
This is by design. Investors want to protect their investment. They are not going to let their investment die. This is essential to future stability. It is also part of the reason companies issue stock and stock options to their workers.
btcrising

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:11:38 PM

Phase 1 investments will be a very small amount of the total IPO. Traders will know of the distribution scheme and will not pay more than it is worth. Investors and traders will trade based on the best available information. They will not pay more for something when they know there will be more coming. On a final note there will always be people with vested interests in the coins success. They will promote the coin and help keep the price stable.

Will there be some fluctuations during the first couple weeks? Yes but that is a price we pay for free markets and future stability.

Really? Seems to me that it's just a lazy dev team hoping to get promotion done for them.

A company's employees is one thing; their livelihood is tied to the success of the company and thus the stock options. A cryptocurrencies vesting would amount a more favorable position in which the greedy can take advantage of the believers.

As you say, phase 1 investments will be very small. But it shouldn't, it should be the other way around. You're opening up markets with rather enticing early adopter rewards, that give them a large say over the formative period of the coin.

Investors will let the coin die. Not by choice, but by the ensuing panic as the "rare" phase of the coin gets speculated downward by traders.
Friedman

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:36:25 PM

Really? Seems to me that it's just a lazy dev team hoping to get promotion done for them.

Lazy? I will promote this coin like any other dev. The more people promoting this coin the better. You are not seriously going to argue that less people should promote are you?

A company's employees is one thing; their livelihood is tied to the success of the company and thus the stock options. A cryptocurrencies vesting would amount a more favorable position in which the greedy can take advantage of the believers.

The people in companies getting major stock options are not poor. They are usually very rich and can actually effect the price of the stock. It is the same with cryptocurrencies people holding coins are usually in a position to promote that coin. It has no baring on greediness or livelihood, only on the holders ability to increase the value. I believe that this system is better than the way all the other altcoins are being distributed. Please promote a better system if you have one.

As you say, phase 1 investments will be very small. But it shouldn't, it should be the other way around. You're opening up markets with rather enticing early adopter rewards, that give them a large say over the formative period of the coin.

This is not how adoption happens it is pretty well documented that "innovators" are a small minority that push adoption toward the majority. See the standard adoption curve below.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/DiffusionOfInnovation.png

Investors will let the coin die. Not by choice, but by the ensuing panic as the "rare" phase of the coin gets speculated downward by traders.

Traders trade based on the best available information. They trade on future anticipated value on not on current value (See blackcoin, tesla for examples). If you believe that this will happen you would not be posting about it. You should be using this information that you so solidly know to trade.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: