Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:09:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reggie Middleton's UltraCoin @ NYC CryptoCurrency Convention  (Read 3618 times)
Reggie Middleton (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 03:10:55 AM

I'm making available the video of my presentation given at the NY Cryptocurrency convention and the Powerpoint presentation shown. I plan to launch UltraCoin to the public as a beta jointly on the Max Keiser show, ZeroHedge and my blog properties in less than 2 weeks. I may also choose this asset class in the 3rd annual CNBC professional investment challenge (for those who don't know, I've won the 1st and 2nd challenges by wide margins - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r40QFDwXZ-Y).
For those of you who met me at my space across from the NYSE, you know that I plan on physically knocking on the doors of family offices, institutional investors and natural consumers and producers of exposures to walk them through UltraCoin trades.
Exciting times are coming. As of now, UltraCoin trades over 10,000 tickers including stocks, bonds, options, futures and real estate (residential and commercial).
Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions reggie[at]ultra-coin.com The slideshow: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1oLlS8vCpBF9SdjLC_DnWFDGHCcSiUDXz4lWaDt06zB0/present?slide=id.p14.
and the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LznMyvDPhuM

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 05:28:46 AM

Hi Reggie,

I've been reading up on your ultra-coin project. You mention that it will be able to do a lot of things but don't really go into the details of the mechanics. Like for example you say that ultra-coin can act as an escrow for a trade involving BTC. Let's say one party doesn't hold up their end of the deal, who will determine which party the escrow is released to? I'm just not seeing how all this can be programmed into software without requiring 3rd-party human interaction. Maybe I'm missing something?

You've got me interested in the idea of a decentralized exchange though, so I'll be following your project.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:06:13 AM

Anyway to confirm this is indeed Reggie?

Perhaps a link/post from ZH, etc?

tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:51:01 AM

I think he re-registered under his real name instead of Ultra Coin screen name, to keep things clear.

It's an interesting project and I hope Reggie kicks some ass.
tabnk

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:06:11 AM

Buy MORE UTC NOW Smiley.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:19:02 AM

Hi Reggie,

I've been reading up on your ultra-coin project. You mention that it will be able to do a lot of things but don't really go into the details of the mechanics. Like for example you say that ultra-coin can act as an escrow for a trade involving BTC. Let's say one party doesn't hold up their end of the deal, who will determine which party the escrow is released to? I'm just not seeing how all this can be programmed into software without requiring 3rd-party human interaction. Maybe I'm missing something?

You've got me interested in the idea of a decentralized exchange though, so I'll be following your project.

He appears to be putting market clearing in the mining nodes. And perhaps ticker feeds for common financial instruments to enable algorithmic escrow when it can be.

This is partial centralization (as shown on one of his slides showing the middle ground between Mt.Gox and fully decentralized exchange) and IMO thus dangerous as we head into totalitarianism and government control over choke points. He apparently argues this is worthwhile for its benefits.

Also he announcing an altcoin in the wrong forum. Moderators should move this to the Altcoin forum.

Edit: appears this thread was moved from Bitcoin Discussion to Altcoin forum while I was posting.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Reggie Middleton (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:56:31 AM

I will give more details once the product is actually released and participants are actively trading on it. I'm much more a man of action than words. There are a lot of initiatives announced and whitepapered, but very few actually implemented and generating material economic activity.

To address your concern, there is no 3rd party human interaction and everything is programmed into the software.

Hi Reggie,

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
Reggie Middleton (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:09:14 AM

Fully decentralized exchanges are idealistically, well... "ideal", but they come with their fair share of problems as well. What I have done was to solve the major problems of a centralized exchange.
The funds stay with the client at all times, hence the server and centralized agent has no possession not control of the client's funds at any time.

"IMO thus dangerous as we head into totalitarianism and government control over choke points."

We are not heading into government control over choke points, we've been there since way before you were born. The solution is to ensure that the choke points aren't fatal or unnecessarily relied on for the operation of the project as a whole.

If the government confiscates my servers, they don't get your money because the servers never had it in the first place, unlike Mt. Gox, Lehman, Countrywide, or Man Financial.

And importantly, UltraCoin is NOT an altcoin. It's a derivative solution that works directly with the Bitcoin blockchain. Unfortunately there is an altcoin that also goes by the name Ultracoin (with a ticker of UTC), but that is not me. My venture's goal is to become the facilitator and gate keep of value transfer. As Google is the gatekeeper of information on the Internet, UltraCoin is to be the gate keeper of value - all value, not just financial and investment. The other, like-named product is an actual coin or which whose goal I'm not aware of.

UltraCoin is an innovation to the strategic application of value manipulation to the Bitcoin blockchain, not an altcoin, so should the moderators return this thread to its original position?

He appears to be putting market clearing in the mining nodes. And perhaps ticker feeds for common financial instruments to enable algorithmic escrow when it can be.

This is partial centralization (as shown on one of his slides showing the middle ground between Mt.Gox and fully decentralized exchange) and IMO thus dangerous as we head into totalitarianism and government control over choke points. He apparently argues this is worthwhile for its benefits.

Also he announcing an altcoin in the wrong forum. Moderators should move this to the Altcoin forum.

Edit: appears this thread was moved from Bitcoin Discussion to Altcoin forum while I was posting.

*Image Removed*
Reggie Middleton (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:17:58 AM

Anyway to confirm this is indeed Reggie?

Perhaps a link/post from ZH, etc?

I included my email address in the post. Email me and see if I reply.

*Image Removed*
marcello2

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:41:18 PM

why ultracoin don't work in cpuminer? i've tryed in every kind of miner and not even one works with ultracoin, and even in cgminer and cudaminer, you know one? ULTRACOIN SUCK!
Janu$$

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:33:50 PM

why ultracoin don't work in cpuminer? i've tryed in every kind of miner and not even one works with ultracoin, and even in cgminer and cudaminer, you know one? ULTRACOIN SUCK!

Hi.

UltraCoin can be mined quite easily.
Because it is scrypt-chacha you need a miner that supports the scrypt-chacha algo.
Have a look here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727023.msg8217541#msg8217541
There you can find a couple of miners you can use to mine UltraCoin.
Enjoy.

Regards,
Janus

deepcoreotc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:34:04 AM

Hello, would you post your OP in here plz, thx
deepcoreotc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:54:27 AM

Hello again, Reggie, is this your project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727023.msg8217541#msg8217541, if so I would advise having this forum link placed on your ultra-coin.com website.  This would be to avoid any confusions, there are indeed other coins, projects, using the same ultracoin name.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: