Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:33:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill - suspension of US wire deposits / withdrawals  (Read 11515 times)
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 04:19:49 PM

I sent a support request in regards to this and this is what I received in return:

Hi,
First, thanks for using Tradehill and excuse the delay in responding; it’s not typical.
We’ve temporarily disabled domestic and international wire/checks. The reason can be seen on our blog post here: http://tradehillblog.com/
We anticipate having a new domestic and international check/wire solution by the end of the week.
Until then you can use BitInstant or Paxum.
Thanks again and happy bit-trading.
Regards,
Tradehill

I was really looking forward to being able to access my funds by today, but now they say by the end of the week...

edit:

The blog entry they refer to is identical to the op

They should cover the extra cost to be able to get our money out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:27:22 PM

There seems to be an unspoken assumption on this thread that banks won't be failing left and right themselves and therefore struggling to retain customer confidence.

Who is to say the reverse won't happen.  A collapse in the fiat currency banking system that precipitates a flight of wealth into the relative safety and stability of the bitcoin network?

Yes, good point.

good to see u back, Steve!
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:53:55 PM

There seems to be an unspoken assumption on this thread that banks won't be failing left and right themselves and therefore struggling to retain customer confidence.

Who is to say the reverse won't happen.  A collapse in the fiat currency banking system that precipitates a flight of wealth into the relative safety and stability of the bitcoin network?

The loss of trust in the bitcoin network is again perpetuated by the way this exchange has handled this situation. Their continuing lack of a substantial response in this message thread (that they started), indicates a blatant disregard to inform their account holders with respect to an updated status.. They have now changed their target date from Yesterday to hopefully by the end of the week.

They have not yet sent out an e-mail to all of the account holders nor have they placed a banner or notification on the account holder's dashboard page or the withdrawal page. It is either complete contempt or an utter disregard of the value they attribute toward the individual account holders.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 07:11:20 PM

Who is to say the reverse won't happen.  A collapse in the fiat currency banking system that precipitates a flight of wealth into the relative safety and stability of the bitcoin network?

The loss of trust in the bitcoin network is again perpetuated by the way this exchange has handled this situation. Their continuing lack of a substantial response in this message thread (that they started), indicates a blatant disregard to inform their account holders with respect to an updated status.. They have now changed their target date from Yesterday to hopefully by the end of the week.

They have not yet sent out an e-mail to all of the account holders nor have they placed a banner or notification on the account holder's dashboard page or the withdrawal page. It is either complete contempt or an utter disregard of the value they attribute toward the individual account holders.

U mad?

While I agree that they could be better at communication, your rant is way over the top; you just come across as nutty.  There has been no loss of trust in the bitcoin network, except possibly from you, and I think the network will survive if you leave in a huff.  I also very much doubt that they have contempt for any of their account holders.

I personally do have a little contempt for you, but that is mostly because I know what most of the words you used actually mean, and you apparently do not.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
digital

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 08:19:28 PM

Personally, I'm not so much mad as inconvenienced.  I need access to my cash, and really didn't want to have to open a Paxum or Okpay account to get at my $$.

Ultimately, I had to convert back to btc and remove btc in order to convert back to usd via another method.  And of course, they took their share of the transaction too.

Definitely doesn't make me want to keep any meaningful amount of usd in my Tradehill account...

If I help you out: 17QatvSdciyv2zsdAbphDEUzST1S6x46c3
References (bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=): 50051.20  50051.100  53668.0  53788.0  53571.0  53571.0  52212.0  50729.0  114804.0  115468  78106  69061  58572  54747
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 07:37:10 AM

Who is to say the reverse won't happen.  A collapse in the fiat currency banking system that precipitates a flight of wealth into the relative safety and stability of the bitcoin network?

Yes, good point.

good to see u back, Steve!

Hello Cypherdoc!
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 03:52:47 PM

Tradehill, where are you?  I have had a Paxum withdrawal pending for 3 days, and it STILL shows as "in process".

What is going on?  No checks, no wires, and now no Paxum? 

Please update your customers on the situation.....it does not look good currently. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
dovewing2000

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 08:02:56 PM

Please update us as to whether you are actually sending out checks ...
niooron

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 08:13:33 PM

They also delayed a withdraw in CLP and haven't answered. I guess they all went on vacation.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 12:42:04 AM

The silence it becoming louder, and currently have more USD with Tradehill than I normally trust anyone with (waiting for the sub $2.00 price which has not yet come upon us.)

I wonder if no time was wasted in implementing some of the the more useful features of the NDAA?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 12:51:53 AM

The silence it becoming louder, and currently have more USD with Tradehill than I normally trust anyone with (waiting for the sub $2.00 price which has not yet come upon us.)

I wonder if no time was wasted in implementing some of the the more useful features of the NDAA?

Now they are taking much longer than usual for even BTC withdrawal.  Have had one "in process" for over 6 hours now, and have never had one take more than 20 minutes before.

This is going South in a hurry. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 01:02:27 AM

Now they are taking much longer than usual for even BTC withdrawal.  Have had one "in process" for over 6 hours now, and have never had one take more than 20 minutes before.

This is going South in a hurry. 

If I were running an exchange, a bulk of my BTC would be in pretty deep storage and challenging to get access to.  (In fact, that is the case even though I don't run an exchange come to think of it.)  So, I would somewhat expect a delay assuming that customers are scrambling to get out while they can.

I considered spending all my money at the current prices and pulling my BTC.  It makes little sense for people to sell Bitcoin until it is more possible to pull fiat out, so I would expect sellers to start to dry up like a shallow puddle on a frying pan.

In the end I decided to take a chance that Jered and co are on the level and will make things right once their banking issues are resolved, though I expect that it could possibly take a long time.  If they are prone to take the money and run, it's probably to late to get out anyway.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
-FaerO-

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 09:43:51 AM

Any idea on when our xfers are going to go through. I have someone waiting on a wire for over a grand & I myself am waiting on 2 xfers. 1 Wire to my bank & 1 to my paxum account. Email updates or something would be nice. This is peoples money you're dealing with. We need it to live. I know you guys are trying your best & you've always been helpful, but please make it more of a priority to keep us informed. Especially with the other BTC scandals with bitcoin7 & mybticoin.com. Keep up the good work, please try to get our money out to us ASAP.

-FaerO-

ישראל לנצה... לחים
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 02:15:32 PM

I pulled out of Tradehell today and went to Crypto X Change based in Australia. 

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 09:28:18 PM

5 USD or 5 AUD? (well, it's not that much of a difference anyways)

I actually find it a bit rude to advertise in a thread about a competitor in a clearly offtopic way.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:18:29 PM

NEVER Any Frozen bank account issues!

The Crypto X Change Team

why exactly should we believe this claim?  what procedures do you have in place to prevent this?
-FaerO-

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 02:40:25 AM

This is getting ridiculous. Im goin out of town for a couple months come Tuesday & Ive been waiting on these xfers to go through since Dec. 27th 2011... Either complete the damn transfers manually or cancel all of them so I can send my money through a more reliable & consistent exchange.... If anything make an appearance here & let us know what's going on... WTF is your deal. This is not a game....

ישראל לנצה... לחים
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 04:54:31 AM

Withdrew all my BTC from TradeHill successfully today.
-FaerO-

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 07:48:36 PM

Withdrew all my BTC from TradeHill successfully today.

Lucky you. I have over a grand locked up "In Process" supposedly. Push the damn button to cancel my transactions so I can pull all my shit out & xfer over to cryptoxchange. This is fucking ridiculous. All you need to do is cancel my damn xfers. Ive sent several emails requesting this as well....

ישראל לנצה... לחים
juancarlosm1983

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 04:20:37 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2012, 01:40:34 PM by juancarlosm1983

So Jered, I've requested a withdraw via paxum wallet on Jan-12. You guys restared Withdrawals Operations on Jan 17th, and told us: 'Paxum has a 3 to 5 day delay on receiving our wires', so that means I'll see my money in my Paxum tomorrow?

EDIT: I'VE RECEIVED 5 MINUTES AGO A DEPOSIT IN MY PAXUM WALLET.

THANKS!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: