Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:04:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill - suspension of US wire deposits / withdrawals  (Read 11515 times)
micc

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 01:30:54 AM

hope you guys resolve the issue with your bank, the check option is the best way for me to withdraw usd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuantumFoam

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 01:50:29 AM

Indeed, I cannot find a better alternative than the check option that used to be available. Every other option I have looked into requires you jump through a bunch of hoops (with each hoop dinging you with fees) to get your money. I hope the check option gets added back soon.

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform on the Blockchain
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 02:00:36 AM

Indeed, I cannot find a better alternative than the check option that used to be available. Every other option I have looked into requires you jump through a bunch of hoops (with each hoop dinging you with fees) to get your money. I hope the check option gets added back soon.

+1
-FaerO-

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 03:11:32 AM

Finaally got my wires through. Thank you, but please make it a practice to keep your clients informed of the situation... Good day Smiley

-MR.CranE-

ישראל לנצה... לחים
The-Real-Link

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 04:12:28 AM

Saw a check pending from the beginning of January finally show a status of "completed" today.  While requesting pay by check is still not possible under Tradehill, I'm sure they're working on probably the thousands of backlog requests (maybe manually with their new bank).  I'm sure it'll return in time (or so I hope) but 3 weeks of downtime isn't good.

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
QuantumFoam

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 07:44:51 PM

I see they have reinstated the withdrawal by check option, but...

It now has a fee of $5 Angry

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform on the Blockchain
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:15:00 PM

I see they have reinstated the withdrawal by check option, but...

It now has a fee of $5 Angry

$5 Fee is still pretty nice.  If there are delays from now on you could try to insist upon a refund of the $5 fee.  I think that would be warranted.
Dinkytoyz

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 10:43:05 PM

Thanks for the wire Jered! If you would have updated your blog earlier you would have kept me as a customer, now I just hope TH will go to hell.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 03:07:50 AM

Thanks for the wire Jered! If you would have updated your blog earlier you would have kept me as a customer, now I just hope TH will go to hell.

The existence of TradeHill is very good for the market right now in my opinion.
Dinkytoyz

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 01:46:24 PM

It has been very shit for me and people like me. Dont forget we, the people, make the market. I have totally lost faith in bitcoins because of Jered his actions. He has fucked my life over in such a way that you cannot imagine. He can go fuck himself. I hate him. He has left me in uncertainty of my own future. I will never forget this last month not knowing if he ran with my cash or not and not knowing if I would be able to provide for my wife and little daughter. I had to borrow money left an right to keep us alive while he was writing quirky messages on his twitter account and here on the board not saying anything about the situation and what was going on. It was really a slap in the face for me.

tl;dr Fuck Tradehill/Jered and fuck Bitcoins.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 07:30:25 PM

It has been very shit for me and people like me. Dont forget we, the people, make the market. I have totally lost faith in bitcoins because of Jered his actions. He has fucked my life over in such a way that you cannot imagine. He can go fuck himself. I hate him. He has left me in uncertainty of my own future. I will never forget this last month not knowing if he ran with my cash or not and not knowing if I would be able to provide for my wife and little daughter. I had to borrow money left an right to keep us alive while he was writing quirky messages on his twitter account and here on the board not saying anything about the situation and what was going on. It was really a slap in the face for me.

This is exactly why I feel, and continue to feel, that Bitcoin is suitable only for a minority of people.  Even individuals in the core development team warn that Bitcoin is a new and risky thing which people should not put much money into.

Not only is Bitcoin itself risky, but the transfer of USD (or equiv) into and out of the Bitcoin economy is both theorized and observed to be highly problematic.

While I am glad that you seem to have gotten your money out, and I hope that you patch up your family matters, I do find it reprehensible that you would have chosen to risk so much.  I hope that others will learn from your story.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 10:58:58 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2012, 03:26:30 AM by the joint

Let me break down what you said:

"It has been very shit for me and people like me."  

So, anyone who had trouble with money in this situation is like you, and anybody that didn't have trouble isn't?  That's quite a dichotomy you've set up.

"Don't forget we, the people, make the market."  

Yes, I am one of those people too.  

" I have totally lost faith in Bitcoin because of Jered and his actions.  He has fucked over my LIFE in such a way that you cannot imagine."

Bitcoin is a currency, Jered is an individual acting on his own accord.  Bitcoins don't act.  People use them.  While I do agree Jered blew the communication aspect, you got your money, right?  Were you responsible with your money?  There are so many ways to interpret your leap of reductionism.  BUT, I am very sorry to hear that this has created problems for you.  I won't minimize those problems, but I do hope that you recognize your own influence on the situation.

"He can go fuck himself...it was really a slap in the face for me."

How do you know Jered wasn't working every second to try to remedy the situation?  Jered also has a responsibility to Jered, and if he doesn't take a little time for himself (referencing his time spent on Twitter, etc.), then how can he be in a calm-enough state of mind to deal with the situation rationally?

When the bank accounts closed, there were many others in the same boat as you (or at least a similar boat), including me.  The situation didn't revolve around you, although it can certainly feel that way when a lot of money is on the line.  Multiple people were involved in the same situation, but every person reacted differently to the situation.  That's the power of interpretation, and the power is yours.

I truly am sorry that you've been going though a hard time.  But really...borrowing money so that you, your wife, and your daughter can LIVE?  You invested the money that you need for survival in Bitcoin?  What were you thinking?

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 03:21:31 AM

...snip...
You sir are a master of the art of social engineering. Are you a psychologist?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 03:24:35 AM

...snip...
You sir are a master of the art of social engineering. Are you a psychologist?

Bachelors in psych, half a semester away from my MSW in the mental health concentration.

I'm a student counselor in the adult psychiatric unit of a local hospital.
Dinkytoyz

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 12:59:42 PM

Let me break down what you said:

"It has been very shit for me and people like me."  

So, anyone who had trouble with money in this situation is like you, and anybody that didn't have trouble isn't?  That's quite a dichotomy you've set up.
Youre misunderstanding, I was talking about anyone in a situation like me. Grantad that might have not been alot of people but it might have been. We dont have statistics but for sure we can say there was one person. Me.

"Don't forget we, the people, make the market."  

Yes, I am one of those people too.
Ok.

" I have totally lost faith in Bitcoin because of Jered and his actions.  He has fucked over my LIFE in such a way that you cannot imagine."

Bitcoin is a currency, Jered is an individual acting on his own accord.  Bitcoins don't act.  People use them.  While I do agree Jered blew the communication aspect, you got your money, right?  Were you responsible with your money?  There are so many ways to interpret your leap of reductionism.  BUT, I am very sorry to hear that this has created problems for you.  I won't minimize those problems, but I do hope that you recognize your own influence on the situation.
Wether im responsible with money or not is not for you to decide. You dont know my situation, only I do so please dont say anything you dont know shit about.

"He can go fuck himself...it was really a slap in the face for me."

How do you know Jered wasn't working every second to try to remedy the situation?  Jered also has a responsibility to Jered, and if he doesn't take a little time for himself (referencing his time spent on Twitter, etc.), then how can he be in a calm-enough state of mind to deal with the situation rationally?
If he took the time to send out some info (less characters then his Twitter message even) I would have known enough and wouldnt have to loose sleep over this. yet he choose to be selfish and for that I say; Fuck you Jered, go fuck yourself.

When the bank accounts closed, there were many others in the same boat as you (or at least a similar boat), including me.  The situation didn't revolve around you, although it can certainly feel that way when a lot of money is on the line.  Multiple people were involved in the same situation, but every person reacted differently to the situation.  That's the power of interpretation, and the power is yours.

I truly am sorry that you've been going though a hard time.  But really...borrowing money so that you, your wife, and your daughter can LIVE?  You invested the money that you need for survival in Bitcoin?  What were you thinking?
Im running my business trough bitcoin and unfortunatly that requires me to still convert my btc to fiat to pay electricity bills etcetera. Fuck you to thejoint, irl id bitchslap you for being such a prejudiced dumb fuck.
Blizz

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 01:54:04 PM

There are no delays when buying BTC from www.Blizzcoin.com
Automated exchange & instant delivery. Average total transaction time is under 3 minutes.
No registration required.

All you need is a US bank account.

www.Blizzcoin.com

Best regards!
Blizz
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 03:48:36 PM

Just use mtgox, it is so much better than tradehill.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 05:00:12 PM

Just use mtgox, it is so much better than tradehill.

until you face problems...

like me back in november, when they decided to freeze my account for no reason after I deposited 200 BTC into it. they held on to my money until the second week of january...
sooo much better than tradehill, really!

Especially with mtgox support / staff times.
Verification request? 24h max they say, for a single request they usually take 2 weeks
Withdrawal? double the crazy times they write on their site
contact support? smell ya next year(submitted some ticked mid-december got my anser january third)

mtgox response times are the main reason I went to tradehill, and even in times of crisis they are much faster than gox!
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 09:38:10 PM

Hello Jered, please take a look into my money deposit of 586 Euro at 3. of January from my Paxum wallet (ID 37652).

Anyhow I'm satisfied with TradeHill. Had a lot of trouble at very different stages while trading with BTC (Bitcoin7, moneybookers, OkPay, and others), so it does not take me out of piece any more. Security comes first, take your time. More communication would be nice, of course.

And I'm not dependent on this money now and here, like others. It's their fault, not your's.

And yes, I was not possible to invest it before the intermediate crash, so you saved my money. Thank you.

I will stay with you.

asdf2121

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 05:00:27 PM

other delay???

fuck....

withdraw.. more than 3 days ago.. and nothing.. . send email...

nothing...

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: