Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:56:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CARB] Carboncoin discussion thread (S-M) [OFFICIAL]  (Read 2073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 03:09:19 PM

Come on guys, if you are mining, donate!  

If we can reach 135 million soon, I'll match AxisMundi's stake and donate another 25 million, so we reach the target.

Let's see this coin succeed.

That sounds pretty awesome! Good way to encourage miners to donate Smiley

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:11:58 PM

predictable lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:10:13 PM

I have been working on the fork to PoS (no small task) and also on looking into viable and cost effective forestry related certified carbon offsetting schemes out there, of which there are a big variety.

That is excellent news.  Keep up the good work!

+1
revgreen

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:05:37 AM

Well done to the miner who donated 9 million Carboncoin to the fund last night. The fund is now at over 78 million, as I said on the other thread, when we reach 135 million, I will match Axismundi's initial donation and contribute another 25 million, so that they reach their goal sooner, so the devs can focus on developing the infrastructure, which will be necessary for the coin to succeed, and achieve its environmental goals.

This is a community driven project and needs your help to succeed.   

+1 great news. Doing our best.
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:31:44 PM

Did block halving occur? Mining rewards are similar to before.

No excuse not to donate.
axismundi

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 02:10:29 PM

Did block halving occur? Mining rewards are similar to before.

No excuse not to donate.

Delving into src code, halving occurs at block 50112 - longer than expected because there was a week long delay when former developer had launched the genesis but did no mining. About 2.5 days to go! Should significantly ease selling pressure at the 1 level.

danonthehill

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:44:59 PM

Are you listening miner's?! 

Rather than sell it for peanuts (remember that Pizza bought with BTC?), donate, participate, help the coin grow, help the environment, and allow your Carboncoin holdings to significantly increase in value in the process. The Carboncoin Forest Project is the showcase for this coin, gives it legitimacy as the first Carbon Neutral Cryto-currency, and needs your support.  Don't assume that others will do it all.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 04:36:59 PM

Are you listening miner's?! 

Rather than sell it for peanuts (remember that Pizza bought with BTC?), donate, participate, help the coin grow, help the environment, and allow your Carboncoin holdings to significantly increase in value in the process. The Carboncoin Forest Project is the showcase for this coin, gives it legitimacy as the first Carbon Neutral Cryto-currency, and needs your support.  Don't assume that others will do it all.

Exactly. You shouldn't just mine Carboncoin for profit, rather you can both mine it for profit AND donate to help it's goal.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
axismundi

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 05:50:57 PM

In the absence of any other suggestions, are we thinking that we should use Ning's design? (I like it)

Or perhaps someone want to throw up a separate ANN (probably best another s-m) about the rebrand competition itself, including the bounty etc? Might be good publicity...

"Carboncoin Logo Competition - capturing the essence of carbon sequestration" Offering 1M Carboncoin to the winner, voting to commence  [some date 1 week from now]."

I wont be able to monitor this myself but happy to push the winning design out with the next version.

AM

Thanks to additional contrib from zebedee bounty for competition winner is now 3M Carboncoin if we choose to go ahead.

danonthehill

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:22:49 PM

In the absence of any other suggestions, are we thinking that we should use Ning's design? (I like it)

Or perhaps someone want to throw up a separate ANN (probably best another s-m) about the rebrand competition itself, including the bounty etc? Might be good publicity...

"Carboncoin Logo Competition - capturing the essence of carbon sequestration" Offering 1M Carboncoin to the winner, voting to commence  [some date 1 week from now]."

I wont be able to monitor this myself but happy to push the winning design out with the next version.

AM

Thanks to additional contrib from zebedee bounty for competition winner is now 3M Carboncoin if we choose to go ahead.

DONE!

Competition Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572288.new#new

I have thrown in another 2 Million, so the bounty now stands at 5 Million Carboncoins.
danonthehill

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:14:18 PM

Logo Contest Voting closes in 1 hour

NEW! One voter who leaves the best / most interesting / observation / comment will receive 2 Million Carboncoins (generously donated by ethought)

Please vote for the best designer here
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: