Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:36:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:36:24 PM

Seeing lots of trollfeeding going on. Please join me in ignoring him. If you see he has posted, dont bother to read it, simply post something positive about what we are doing and leave the small time hobbyist to his musings. We all have more useful things to do with our time.

No amount of time spent reasoning with this bore is going to shut him up unfortunately, and he repeatedly refused a private audience with myself to address his concerns. Bottom line is, unrefutably, he has no interest in getting a balanced opinion here, and should be given no further attention.

I have been working on the fork to PoS (no small task) and also on looking into viable and cost effective forestry related certified carbon offsetting schemes out there, of which there are a big variety. I do still feel that taking on some certified offset in tandem with the forestry project might be a good step for us. In order to get investment and take-up in the wider community we need to have all of the weapons we can to address any attempts to discredit what we are trying to do.

As ever anyone wishing to help or contribute please see this thread: http://coinstack.org/index.php?board=20.0 where if you see any tasks needing doing that I have not mentioned please post them there.

Remember see a troll, ignore, post something positive, move on.

AM

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:48:36 PM

buddy that was disgusting !

i am appalled you would say all that.. you're unreal wow ...how old are you ?

i seen you replied and i wasn't going to even read any more on this topic because you guys are jerking me around and playing games
but i figured ohh ok maybe the dev has some kind of mature or professional response about what i brought up..

nope.. you go on to say just ignore me and only positive butt kissing comments are allowed and i am monster who picks on people
are you for real ? wow i am stunned !

No real and respected dev should have any problem with criticism in the slightest.. you behavior highlights what i was saying with lazer like accuracy
and i believe now more than ever ya you a bloody scammer.. the weird new guys coming out of no where and the devs response show it pretty clearly.
i think you guys here are being colossal childish jerks and there is only one single reason why..

FUD first & ask questions later™
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:59:46 PM

I have been working on the fork to PoS (no small task) and also on looking into viable and cost effective forestry related certified carbon offsetting schemes out there, of which there are a big variety.

That is excellent news.  Keep up the good work!
morphtrust

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 08:44:24 PM

I have been working on a number of things that would help with carbon offsetting and helping with reduction, one I use right now is reusing parts to things tossed out instead of buying new stuff when I can, so more energy is not going into making more raw material into (or taking old stuff and reforming it like when aluminum scrap is smelted down to make new parts) new parts, Like I use the angle aluminum and steel that is in dead LCD tvs a local repair shop tosses out, and use it when I can to build cases, just ask rev green and he can show you some pics where I inserted the rail for the backs of the video cards, as those are from such stock, I will probably do a number of custom "reduction" cases for those interested that are made entirely of such reused materials,

another item that might be a good project for those not afraid to get their hands dirty doing actual work, as I am not wanting this to be a "donate and help us do something" project, instead I want anyone donating to do so by spending what money they are spending, and using the stuff they bought at their own locations, and spread what I am working on across the globe.

This project basically entails using known processes to convert waste plant matter into actual crude oil, and though it sounds incredibly hard or even impossible, it is not, and each step is relatively simple to deploy. If you are interested in taking carbon out of the air and using that instead of virgin crude oil out of the ground, to make energy, let me know and we can start a group discussion, but please no trolls or we will kick you out instantly, only serious discussion about it, and only real concerns need to be voiced. 

The added benefit to doing this, is that we will also have a source to make all the conductive clear plastics we want too, and will be able to do a number of things like making clear solar cells that are flexible plastics, or paint on, as well as bulk of very stable plastics that break down easily to make fuel out of when they are being recycled instead of just melting down and reusing (that is still an option, just if we have need one direction than the other, it is a very viable opportunity Smiley )

I hope I hear from some of you. Show how serious we are about cleaning our atmosphere. Smiley

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
cryptomite

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:11:35 PM

no guy i don't pick on coins and no i don't post opinions ..i post facts.

you all play games.. often with new user accounts hmmm lol

all this is.. is a game of trying to convince the reader of dumb bs.
i am and always have armed the reader with facts and guess what ? coin cloners don't like that one bit.. what a shocker lol
and the users are gullible or deceitful..

i am experienced at dealing with these so called marketing teams shit coin cloners have stated is more important than the coin and the coders
and their paid shills and trolls and little suckholes who post here playing games to pump up scams.

sensible reasonable people are likely to see what is what & the rest.. screw em, i tried and you'll hear i told you so later Wink

all this is just game playing and i pity the morons that eat it all up day after day  Sad

Spoetnik,

I asked for clear reasons as to why you think the coin is bad, tell me why. Please

I have heard that they wont answer your question.

What is the question?

The only thing you said was that people are attacking you. Is this your reason why the coin is bad.

You say its bad because it has a noble intention, and that other coins with noble intentions where just lying about doing something good.

What the other coins did has nothing to do with this one.

I keep asking what the reasons are that this coin doesn't deserve serious consideration for serious investment.

Fill in this for me.

Reason 1 not to invest: ( answer here)
Reason 2
Reason 3

Thank you Spoetnik

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:27:21 PM

i am and always have armed the reader with facts and guess what ? coin cloners don't like that one bit.. what a shocker lol

i am experienced at dealing with these so called marketing teams shit coin cloners have stated is more important than the coin and the coders
and their paid shills and trolls and little suckholes who post here playing games to pump up scams.

sensible reasonable people are likely to see what is what & the rest.. screw em, i tried and you'll hear i told you so later Wink

all this is just game playing and i pity the morons that eat it all up day after day  Sad

Spoetnik,

I asked for clear reasons as to why you think the coin is bad, tell me why. Please

What is the question?

The only thing you said was that people are attacking you. Is this your reason why the coin is bad.

You say its bad because it has a noble intention, and that other coins with noble intentions where just lying about doing something good.

I keep asking what the reasons are that this coin doesn't deserve serious consideration for serious investment.

Fill in this for me.

Reason 2
Reason 3

Thank you Spoetnik

- The dev will not accept ANY criticism.
- The dev is competently unprofessional and insulting and attacks us users.
- Investing in scams is dumb especially when the poster will not say how many coins they have been involved with or how many accounts they have used here.
- Another scrypt clone is not needed.. we already have one.
- The tree planting concept is a flawed gimmick.. as i explained numerous times about it's scalability.
- The gimmick entices user to harm the environment by scrypt mining and wasting electricity supposedly to offset with tree planting.
it's like saying hey dump nuclear waste even though 300 other guys already doing it so i have an excuse to push my scam coin and make money of it.

These guys make money setting up these scams that is why they want you on-board.. you will make a little if your lucky and they will make a lot !

just because a lot of this can not be proven to be a scam *yet does not mean it is not.. i have experience watching and catching these guys.
i can smell one of the cons jobs a mile away.

but lets be real none of you give a flying fuck about any of that as long as you git yer Lamb'z, so dumb it up ..have at 'er !
drain people dry with scammy bullshit while you can.. the flow of new user have dried up because reality sunk in hear when they seen
seen how pathetic guys like this coin cloner is.. an endless stream of scammers desperate to get you to buy into their scrypt clone(s) etc

almost all of you out there couldn't care less about any of this at all.. you will simply click on the shit and go with it.. who what how or why is meaningless.
and funny that sort of contradicts the mantra this coin cloner is chirping about don't think ?
I'd say it's pretty ridiculous a guy puts a clone coin out, to help the environment...

your all gonna deep throat this guys garbage so get on with it and leave me alone and quit playing games with me.
you wanna talk then lets talk.. if you wanna scam and play games then get on with it.. why should i waste my time with people
who had their mind made up before even reading the topic ? I can guarantee 99% of users will be into this and Cryptsy prob already had
the page made for it right after reading the coin name lol the rest is just a formality of tricking idiots and silencing the critiques
..those damn Trolls !!!!

I shouldn't have to explain shit all.. you guys are dumb -or- dumb & corrupt if you can't see what is under your nose.

Congratulate this coin cloner for alienating all the smart people around the world that comes and sees all this pathetic bullshit and turns around and leaves..

FUD first & ask questions later™
danonthehill

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:07:36 AM

Well done to the miner who donated 9 million Carboncoin to the fund last night. The fund is now at over 78 million, as I said on the other thread, when we reach 135 million, I will match Axismundi's initial donation and contribute another 25 million, so that they reach their goal sooner, so the devs can focus on developing the infrastructure, which will be necessary for the coin to succeed, and achieve its environmental goals.

This is a community driven project and needs your help to succeed.   
mhkso2

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:01:49 PM

Wrong Section - Move to Announcements[/color][/b][/size][/center]

Hi there, would you care to qualify that please? Move what to announcements exactly?

revgreen

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:54:13 AM

Wrong Section - Move to Announcements[/color][/b][/size][/center]

Hi there, would you care to qualify that please? Move what to announcements exactly?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=566396

I believe this is the thread they spoke of.
revgreen

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:39:15 AM

Yeah.  Let me know where the 1 satoshi sell walls are and I'll buy them up.

Even at 1 Satoshi that would make this the most profitable coin to mine by a long stretch.  Not sure why more people are not mining this.

Cryptorush is down for maintenance....probably for an extended time while they fix their issues. However the current 1 shitoshi floor that is accessible is at https://coinedup.com/OrderBook?market=CARB&base=BTC. Keep in mind this is mBTC. The 1 shitoshi equivalent is the 34,902,053 carboncoin at .00001 mBTC.

We are waiting on AGX.io as well to implement carboncoin. They had some back-end maintenance to catch up that is delaying launches. Here's the latest correspondence from them.

Ken - my apologies too for a delayed response. We're in a little bit of a holding pattern on coin launches as we prioritize some back-end dev work. It's probably some time next week before we prep to launch more coins; will follow-up with you once we've had time to regroup on coin launches.

Thanks,

Justin
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:05:02 PM

Spoetnik,

What is the question?

Fill in this for me.

Reason 2
Reason 3

Thank you Spoetnik

- The dev will not accept ANY criticism.
- The dev is competently unprofessional and insulting and attacks us users.
- Investing in scams is dumb especially when the poster will not say how many coins they have been involved with or how many accounts they have used here.
- Another scrypt clone is not needed.. we already have one.
- The tree planting concept is a flawed gimmick.. as i explained numerous times about it's scalability.
- The gimmick entices user to harm the environment by scrypt mining and wasting electricity supposedly to offset with tree planting.
it's like saying hey dump nuclear waste even though 300 other guys already doing it so i have an excuse to push my scam coin and make money of it.

These guys make money setting up these scams that is why they want you on-board.. you will make a little if your lucky and they will make a lot !

just because a lot of this can not be proven to be a scam *yet does not mean it is not.. i have experience watching and catching these guys.

Yes, this is why I wanted to hear what you had to say. I do listen. And MOST of time I agree with your picks for scamcoins. This time I dont think Carboncoin should be on that list

I think that this coin is good. Time will tell. Your right, just because it can't be proven, it doesn't mean it's not a scam.

For me, in this case, I disagree with you. I believe in this Dev. I know , it's shocking. Pretty rare these days. This one to me DOESN'T follow the pattern. So he most certainly, IMO, not in with the groups of devs behind almost all coins.

That's one of the criteria I use, "if I believe in the Dev", in this case I do. Has he got frustrated at times, sure. But I think this is because it is his FIRST coin. I think this is a good thing in this day and age.

Theres always treasures to find if you are willing to dig through all the shit.

I think I found a good one. Im sure you dont agree with me. But I guess that will happen.

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:14:25 PM

CARBONCOIN, THE CARBONCOIN TRUST,
& THE CARBONCOIN FOREST PROJECT

CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency

We are an open-source, community-focused, democratically-managed cryptocurrency based on the Scrypt algorithm, put to use helping the environment
– specifically, offsetting the carbon footprint of us and all other cryptocoins

A significant barrier to investment in cryptocurrencies is the damage that they cause to the environment.
It is time we all did something about it!

CARBON-CO.IN                  CARBONCOINFOREST.ORG

Carboncoin’s role is to highlight and help solve the environmental damage caused by cryptocurrencies. We are passionate about reducing the carbon footprint of Crypto, and have founded The Carboncoin Trust which will deliver projects to help all other cryptocurrencies address their carbon footprints too.

Our flagship project is The Carboncoin Forest which aims to plant as many trees as we get funding for worldwide to offset the carbon dioxide emissions created through mining. The Carboncoin Forest and subsequent projects from The Carboncoin Trust will accept donations in Carboncoin. These will be sold back to the market in responsible volumes to facilitate further investment and subsequently offsetting.

There are several services which need providing to this exciting new crypto environment. If you would like to get involved please do not hesitate to contact me directly or post below.

We need donations to infrastructure as well as to our environmental projects and there are several small tasks which need doing. Anyone assisting with tasks will have the name they choose added to the Honour Roll for all to see. Anyone donating over 0.1 BTC or 3 LTC or 5M CARB will be added to the Donor Leaderboard similarly.

Our current price per tree is 1M CARB, 0.015 BTC, or 0.5 LTC and this will be updated daily on the site.
All our trees will be left to grow for at least 100 years, by that time having absorbed some 1000kg of Carbon Dioxide on average.

This price is a direct function of a prenegotiated fiat price for planting a sapling,
which is less than 20% of the normal cost for doing it online as a gift
and will become more cost effective the larger the operation becomes.

Carboncoin Donation Address: LFsTe6yRk1TXuGGW6kKwG8L3N4pkx5b6Do

Bitcoin Donation Address: 1Kh1maAxmH7f4xYfdviKJVkKuaSwPxGL1g

Litecoin Donation Address: LXBpsTN2VkF161nfWgVBqX63AtUrwxYAA9

If you would like to help with a donation please post your TXID, your requested pseudonym, and the cryptocurrency you would whose footprint you would like to offset as a reply to this post. We will add the amount offset to the Cryptocurrency Offset Leaderboard, which will eventually contain estimates of the total carbon footprint of all the cryptocurrencies, and then ensure that all of the trees are planted in a fully audited and transparent way.

Anyone who donates over 10BTC or equivalent can come and be shown round our first site in the UK by myself and some of the team. It is not much more than an hour away from London.

Mining pools include:

carbon.basshash.com

carb.crunchharder.net

https://www.miningpool.co/

coin-base.info/carboncoin/

carbon.hashrapid.com/

carbon.scryptominers.com

We ask that pool admins restrict registrations/increase fees when total hashrate approaches 40% of network total.

Here's the blockchain:

carbonchain.info

We are available on two exchanges currently:

https://coinedup.com/OrderBook?market=CARB&base=BTC

Cryptorush.in

Follow us on twitter:

@truecarboncoin

Our average reward of 150000 coins per block will halve around the 10th of April.

Source: https://github.com/carboncoin/Carboncoin

Download the WinWallet (please message if you can compile the mac wallet for us)
Good luck with this project. But it looks little sketcy why you don't want to disclose where the trees are as other people asked  Undecided
ning_chang

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:51:59 PM

Good luck with this project. But it looks little sketcy why you don't want to disclose where the trees are as other people asked  Undecided
[/quote]

Hey gagalady,

If you look at posts #53 and #134 AM has disclosed the locations and posted a series of images of the locations. he's also offered to take people in London to the UK site to see it for themselves.

Hope that clears up the sketchiness.
danonthehill

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:18:09 PM

Ning Chang, Did you get my PM about your logo design?
ning_chang

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:29:29 PM

yeah mate,

I just noticed/replied
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 05:11:52 PM

Hi gagalady et al,

Totally take your point on the presentation. I am working on updating the front page of this and the ANN in light of the various developments which have occurred while addressing objections and hashing out ideas on this thread. Please bear with me, I have been and continue to be very busy. The new front page will contain specifics of locations among other things.

In the absence of any other suggestions, are we thinking that we should use Ning's design? (I like it)

Or perhaps someone want to throw up a separate ANN (probably best another s-m) about the rebrand competition itself, including the bounty etc? Might be good publicity...

"Carboncoin Logo Competition - capturing the essence of carbon sequestration" Offering 1M Carboncoin to the winner, voting to commence  [some date 1 week from now]."

I wont be able to monitor this myself but happy to push the winning design out with the next version.

AM

danonthehill

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:41:18 AM

LOGO COMPETITION THREAD: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572288.msg6237603#msg6237603

Prize now 5 million.
ning_chang

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:05:01 PM

Logo comp is hotting up. couple of interesting designs in there.
biodieselchris

Activity: 579

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 12:11:52 AM

is carboncoin on any exchanges? I can't find a link anywhere on these main pages and cryptorush is taking their sweet time to re-emerge from the ashes.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:53:57 PM

is carboncoin on any exchanges? I can't find a link anywhere on these main pages and cryptorush is taking their sweet time to re-emerge from the ashes.

coinedup is yr only bet at the moment while craptorush is in a state of shite

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: