Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:48:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AC]AsiaCoin - Relaunch  (Read 400973 times)
rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:08:37 PM

Thanks for all the malice.

thats all these guys know. u didnt deserve to be ripped off by asiacoin. sorry 4 ur loss

Grin you made me laugh. you ve made some very pathetics remarks but this one is priceless.

Finally, you should stick around, sometimes i like a good laugh.
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:14:09 PM

It was said to block all Asiacoin trades (some exchanges are open again.) because of the big primined block.

Check out

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595999.500

for new informations.

But be aware, this might be also a scam, but one of the new asiacoin team is answering nearly all questions on the new topic.

All code will be transparent and commit history on github.. so you guys can audit it for being a scam or not... I very much encourage *everyone* to do so , this time!

There's not enough due diligence in this community, not even developers and coders with time.. too many different projects.  More people have to step up to prevent scams.  Learn some coding .. people, c'mon! it is 2014.. Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKIu9yen5nc

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:15:52 PM

its a scam. my due diligence is done and my report has been sent.  Grin

micryon

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:16:33 PM

Dev hided 3 billions coins in the genesis blocks.

For accuracy, it was not genesis block ,it was block 1 Smiley

CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:17:04 PM

please can you tell me what is going on...all my AC coin disappear from crypty as they said its a scam, please advise, this is not right and I am very upset! and i see ac is going up in price

going up in price? this is hilarious!  Grin

what can i do for cryptsy to give me my AC coins they dont have the right to take my coins, they could have give back to me to put in a wallet

Please do you know if cryptsy will give AC back to customers?

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
micryon

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:24:18 PM

Such a good point. And why would an exchange allow a relisting when they're charging others for votes? http://altcoinherald.com/scam-coin-get-relisted-exchanges-scamming/  Grin

I have no real problems with this article.. it's true that policies and process at exchanges should be better self moderated.  It as unbiased as can be for an Op-ed piece.  Mostly to bring to light practices on the exchanges.  Asiacoin is just an example.. (and a good one).

I'm doing my best to work with exchange owners, and force them to review my code to ensure that it is good before reopening markets.  To do stringent negative and white box testing... Hopefully that will improve their processes going forward.

And I would even suggest that they wait a few weeks before reopening markets just to be on the safe side....

Exchanges are being put under pressure by their customers who are upset at not being able to withdraw or trade AC, so right now it's in their best interest to open it up to  keep customers coming back.  But they need to do their due diligence this time around.. there's really no excuse for it otherwise... everything is transparent as can be.

This whole eco system right now is a shoot-from-your-hip wild west.. I recall Marc Anderseen calling the whole segment amateur hour.  And it's true and even worse than that in the altcoin world.. lots of scams, lots of laziness as well...

I also agree with the piece with regards to finding the people accountable.. I wish there was a task force.. But until something *really* big happens.. this is still a drop in the bucket.  Most people have already written this off and taken their loss.. It will take a much bigger disaster to bring any change to this eco system.. sad but true.

rudius

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:30:55 PM

Such a good point. And why would an exchange allow a relisting when they're charging others for votes? http://altcoinherald.com/scam-coin-get-relisted-exchanges-scamming/  Grin

I have no real problems with this article.. it's true that policies and process at exchanges should be better self moderated.  It as unbiased as can be for an Op-ed piece.  Mostly to bring to light practices on the exchanges.  Asiacoin is just an example.. (and a good one).

I'm doing my best to work with exchange owners, and force them to review my code to ensure that it is good before reopening markets.  To do stringent negative and white box testing... Hopefully that will improve their processes going forward.

And I would even suggest that they wait a few weeks before reopening markets just to be on the safe side....

Exchanges are being put under pressure by their customers who are upset at not being able to withdraw or trade AC, so right now it's in their best interest to open it up to  keep customers coming back.  But they need to do their due diligence this time around.. there's really no excuse for it otherwise... everything is transparent as can be.

This whole eco system right now is a shoot-from-your-hip wild west.. I recall Marc Anderseen calling the whole segment amateur hour.  And it's true and even worse than that in the altcoin world.. lots of scams, lots of laziness as well...

I also agree with the piece with regards to finding the people accountable.. I wish there was a task force.. But until something *really* big happens.. this is still a drop in the bucket.  Most people have already written this off and taken their loss.. It will take a much bigger disaster to bring any change to this eco system.. sad but true.

Wow, you forget very quickly that any AC they have in the exchange don t belong to them. I know this is unregulated market so we cannot say anything by the law. but if they are honest they should allow people to withdraw. It isn t being on the safe side to disable withdrawing. It is theft.

ANd this is only cryptsy who didn t want any withdrawals. All other exchange had no problem with it.

Apart of that, every thing you said is very true.

edit: just to clarify things, i don t have any AC, on cryptsy or else where.
micryon

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:41:45 PM

Wow, you forget very quickly that any AC they have in the exchange don t belong to them. I know this is unregulated market so we cannot say anything by the law. but if they are honest they should allow people to withdraw. It isn t being on the safe side to disable withdrawing. It is theft.

ANd this is only cryptsy who didn t want any withdrawals. All other exchange had no problem with it.

I don't disagree with that, i think exchanges should allow withdrawals, just not deposits/trades at this time. Smiley

That said, I am glad that they did shut down AC from trading/deposits quickly.. or this could have been much worse.  Should have never gotten there in the first place.. but meh.. everything just so unregulated here.  It's almost total anarchy... but that's what makes it so interesting as well, the great internet social experiment..

rudius

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:55:22 PM

I don't disagree with that, i think exchanges should allow withdrawals, just not deposits/trades at this time. Smiley

That said, I am glad that they did shut down AC from trading/deposits quickly.. or this could have been much worse.  Should have never gotten there in the first place.. but meh.. everything just so unregulated here.  It's almost total anarchy... but that's what makes it so interesting as well, the great internet social experiment..

I like you micryon, and i m very glad of what you are doing to the comunity.

But cryptsy and Mintpal let trading & deposit run for roughly 6 hours before delisting AC (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/acbtc). It was well proven a long time before that there were a lot of transaction with 300millions coins, even the 3b hidden coins.
The least we can say is that they took time to react to the panic.
And cryptsy waited for Mintpal to take the lead to shutdown business.

Again to clarify, i m ok with exchanges making money but they should have stopped deposits right away. Adding to that, dev was asking every body to stop trading and to keep the coins in the wallet  Cool
deluxtango

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:07:34 PM

Some Body can share me the wallet all source are dead just to backup my .dat with 11k AC if somethings happening good tks
micryon

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 09:22:55 PM

Some Body can share me the wallet all source are dead just to backup my .dat with 11k AC if somethings happening good tks

Src is up, and wallet to be released soon.  Save your wallet.dat don't lose it.

Armando

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:42:06 PM

Such a good point. And why would an exchange allow a relisting when they're charging others for votes? http://altcoinherald.com/scam-coin-get-relisted-exchanges-scamming/  Grin

I have no real problems with this article.. it's true that policies and process at exchanges should be better self moderated.  It as unbiased as can be for an Op-ed piece.  Mostly to bring to light practices on the exchanges.  Asiacoin is just an example.. (and a good one).

I'm doing my best to work with exchange owners, and force them to review my code to ensure that it is good before reopening markets.  To do stringent negative and white box testing... Hopefully that will improve their processes going forward.

Exchanges are being put under pressure by their customers who are upset at not being able to withdraw or trade AC, so right now it's in their best interest to open it up to  keep customers coming back.  But they need to do their due diligence this time around.. there's really no excuse for it otherwise... everything is transparent as can be.

This whole eco system right now is a shoot-from-your-hip wild west.. I recall Marc Anderseen calling the whole segment amateur hour.  And it's true and even worse than that in the altcoin world.. lots of scams, lots of laziness as well...

I also agree with the piece with regards to finding the people accountable.. I wish there was a task force.. But until something *really* big happens.. this is still a drop in the bucket.  Most people have already written this off and taken their loss.. It will take a much bigger disaster to bring any change to this eco system.. sad but true.

Unregulated market does not means that exchange owners can take customers money. Cryptsy is registered in US, there are ways to report fraud from their side.
AcidSplash

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:47:21 PM

Anyone willing to sell me some AC. Please PM me.
ihaveaducky

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:43:42 AM

would be good to get some money back on this coin, but its over, maybe just let it be.
Svener

Activity: 502

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:47:29 AM

would be good to get some money back on this coin, but its over, maybe just let it be.

Cryptsy will add it back since its a scam coin that is backed by a btc whale, NP Smiley
Unless that whale is gone then people will have to vote.

I guess the intention is for the scammers to trade there massive stolen AC for ACv2 , very clever, they might not have been able to dump out on the suckers in time.
Specialkey

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:24:29 AM

I was just out of the Asia game for a while.

Can anybody explain me the newest facts?

Why has my wallet stoped stakeing?

THX Grin
crunchynut

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:38:20 AM

THX Grin

some unknown devs took over after the first scam was discovered.
they "fix" the source code while collecting btc "for marketing".
the greedy exchanges agreed to relist the coin again, so that all the greedy bagholders can try to dump their coins on newbies that didn't hear of the scam.
the updated wallet and the race for dumping the coins is supposed to start today.

overall, we reached a new low in the altcoin history. if this was any legitimate business, several people would go to jail for this scam + scam 2.0.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
Specialkey

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:43:36 AM

THX Grin

the greedy exchanges agreed to relist the coin again, so that all the greedy bagholders can try to dump their coins on newbies that didn't hear of the scam.
the updated wallet and the race for dumping the coins is supposed to start today.

overall, we reached a new low in the altcoin history. if this was any legitimate business, several people would go to jail for this scam + scam 2.0.

Thanks for the information update.

I tell you the devs and the f*cking exchanges work in most times together.

Thx.
micryon

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 08:48:29 AM

Well unknown is a relative term.. I'm certainly more known than the original dev, and .. more known than you.. Wink

After doing foresnic analysis on the scam and publishing it.  I proposed a solution to this, allowing us to patch the client and reopen the coin to the exchanges..

Head over to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595999.0  for more details.

crunchynut

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:51:53 AM

THX Grin

Thanks for the information update.

I tell you the devs and the f*cking exchanges work in most times together.

Thx.

true. nobody knows what secret deal was made here and what the greedy devs promised to the greedy exchanges.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 »
  Print  

Jump to: