Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:01:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Indonesia Authentic Batik Clothes  (Read 3128 times)
Aditya (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 07:12:44 PM

Hi everyone,

In this thread I want to sell another authentic Indonesian product. It is Batik Clothes. You may Google it. I am selling Men's Clothes made from Batik like I wear here:

Batik is formal wear. Instead of suit and tie which is quite hot in our tropical climate, Indonesian people usually would prefer to wear Batik in meeting, in office, and even in party.

PM me if you are interested in another Batik products such as Kebaya women's clothes or sheet of fabric with Batik pattern.

I only sell from top two Indonesia most recognizable Batik brand: Danar Hadi & Batik Keris. This is to ensure quality. So that the Batik you bought is really made using traditional dyeing method.

Just For Your Information, both Danar Hadi and Batik Keris don't sell their product online. They only sell their product in their outlets which is unfortunately only available in Indonesia. That's why I am here for you   Wink

This Batik Men's Clothes cost 0.2 BTC for each piece.
Price doesn't include shipping and I ship internationally using EMS.

Please note that the pattern is chosen by me. So the pattern may different from what I wear in the photo. But don't worry, I will choose the best pattern. You may choose the color of your preference, but it's up to the store whether your color of preference is available or not. They don't allow anyone to take a photograph of their product in the store. So I can't take some photo and upload here as examples unless I bought it first. Unfortunately, Batik pattern are unique from clothes to clothes. In an outlet you don't find many clothes which have exact same pattern.

Available sizes are: S, M, L, XL, XXL. Please note that this is size for Asian. Caucasian may need larger, for example if you usually wear L size clothes, you may need XL for this Batik.

ATLAS.WORK     ║   WHITEPAPER  •  BOUNTIES  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE FREELANCE REVOLUTION

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 01:43:59 AM

Thoughts? http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/5494_Batiks/

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:31:18 AM

You can't say much about it with those photos. There is a lot of fake batik for sale, which actually are normal printed fabrics. Batik is a very time consuming process, even when done by machines (when compared to printing), so even in indonesia it is not cheap compared to other clothes. Also there are many different qualities when it comes to the fabric. You can batik on very coarse or very fine cotton, or on satin or silk. I would be very cautious without any other information.

In Indonesia in tourist shops, you can get real batik from around 40k rupiah up to 2M rupiah (~$4 to ~$200). With the 40k ones being cotton, and the 2M ones silk. On local, non-tourist, markets you can get real batik from around 10k rupia (~$1).

So essentially, with 0.2BTC now worth around $85, he is charging around 850k rupiah. It thus really depends on the quality of the fabric whether this is a good deal.

[edit] I see the exchange rates are a bit different now, it always used to be 10k rupiah is ~$1, but it seems to be more like 11k = ~$1 now.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
Aditya (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 11:27:10 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 11:42:56 AM by Aditya

You can't say much about it with those photos. There is a lot of fake batik for sale, which actually are normal printed fabrics. Batik is a very time consuming process, even when done by machines (when compared to printing), so even in indonesia it is not cheap compared to other clothes. Also there are many different qualities when it comes to the fabric. You can batik on very coarse or very fine cotton, or on satin or silk. I would be very cautious without any other information.

In Indonesia in tourist shops, you can get real batik from around 40k rupiah up to 2M rupiah (~$4 to ~$200). With the 40k ones being cotton, and the 2M ones silk. On local, non-tourist, markets you can get real batik from around 10k rupia (~$1).

So essentially, with 0.2BTC now worth around $85, he is charging around 850k rupiah. It thus really depends on the quality of the fabric whether this is a good deal.

[edit] I see the exchange rates are a bit different now, it always used to be 10k rupiah is ~$1, but it seems to be more like 11k = ~$1 now.

The rate now is Rp 11400 for 1 US Dollar. It may vary depending on foreign exchange market.

You are right. There is a lot of fake batik, it is normal printed fabrics with Batik pattern. You can get that as low as 10000 Rupiah. The fabric material also vary, they are made from cotton, satin to silk. Seems that you are ever live in Indonesia  Cheesy

Also this Batik here http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/5494_Batiks/ is a sheet of fabric with Batik pattern. NOT a Men's Clothes made from Batik.

To avoid fake Batik, I only bought from two most recognizable Batik Brand in Indonesia. They are Danar Hadi Batik and Batik Keris. You may Google it. To avoid counterfeiting these two Batik maker never sold their product outside their outlet nor online. Also they don't allow me to take photograph of their products in their outlets. And I am not gonna buy all their Men's Clothes just to take photograph all of it and upload here.

So to be detail, the product I sold here is Danar Hadi Batik or Batik Keris brand (you choose) high quality authentic Batik Men's Clothes made from fine cotton. If you are asking for silk, the price is more than 0.2 BTC   Tongue
If you want cheap Batik fabrics, which is not really a Batik but merely fabrics printed with Batik pattern. You can also buy from me for as low as US$ 5  Grin

ATLAS.WORK     ║   WHITEPAPER  •  BOUNTIES  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE FREELANCE REVOLUTION
maardein

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:43:10 AM

The rate now is Rp 11400 for 1 US Dollar. It may vary depending on foreign exchange market.

You are right. They are many fake batik, it is normal printed fabrics with Batik pattern. You can get that as low as 10000 Rupiah. The fabric material also vary, they are made from cotton, satin to silk. Seems that you are ever live in Indonesia  Cheesy

Also this Batik here http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/5494_Batiks/ is a sheet of fabric with Batik pattern. NOT a Men's Clothes made from Batik.

To avoid fake Batik, I only bought from two most recognizable Batik Brand in Indonesia. They are Danar Hadi Batik and Batik Keris. You may Google it. To avoid counterfeiting these two Batik maker never sold their product outside their outlet nor online. Also they don't allow me to take photograph of their products in their outlets. And I am not gonna buy all their Men's Clothes just to photograph all of it and upload here.

So to be detail, the product I sold here is Danar Hadi Batik or Batik Keris brand (you choose) high quality authentic Batik Men's Clothes made from fine cotton. If you are asking for silk, the price is more than 0.2 BTC   Tongue
If you want cheap Batik fabrics, which is not really a Batik but merely fabrics printed with Batik pattern. You can also buy from me for as low as US$ 5  Grin

Yeah, rate is changing, but 10k for $1 was very easy to calculate Smiley

Is there somewhere we can take a look at the Batik Keris clothes? They only have some photos from last year on their website, but not much.

Aditya (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 12:19:25 PM

You are right. They are many fake batik, it is normal printed fabrics with Batik pattern. You can get that as low as 10000 Rupiah. The fabric material also vary, they are made from cotton, satin to silk. Seems that you are ever live in Indonesia  Cheesy

To avoid fake Batik, I only bought from two most recognizable Batik Brand in Indonesia. They are Danar Hadi Batik and Batik Keris. You may Google it. To avoid counterfeiting these two Batik maker never sold their product outside their outlet nor online. Also they don't allow me to take photograph of their products in their outlets. And I am not gonna buy all their Men's Clothes just to photograph all of it and upload here.

So to be detail, the product I sold here is Danar Hadi Batik or Batik Keris brand (you choose) high quality authentic Batik Men's Clothes made from fine cotton. If you are asking for silk, the price is more than 0.2 BTC   Tongue
If you want cheap Batik fabrics, which is not really a Batik but merely fabrics printed with Batik pattern. You can also buy from me for as low as US$ 5  Grin

Yeah, rate is changing, but 10k for $1 was very easy to calculate Smiley

Is there somewhere we can take a look at the Batik Keris clothes? They only have some photos from last year on their website, but not much.

On their Outlets  Grin  Grin

These Batik Makers are compelling you to visit Indonesia if you want to buy their products. So if you have Batik from Batik Keris it's either you have visited Indonesia or your friend send it to you from Indonesia. They are exclusive, like Internet Explorer compelling you to use Windows   Cheesy

There is much more products you can see on the outlet than on the website. Also the products on website may not available on their outlets.

maardein

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:31:37 PM

On their Outlets  Grin  Grin

These Batik Makers are compelling you to visit Indonesia if you want to buy their products. So if you have Batik from Batik Keris it's either you have visited Indonesia or your friend send it to you from Indonesia. They are exclusive, like Internet Explorer compelling you to use Windows   Cheesy

There is much more products you can see on the outlet than on the website. Also the products on website may not available on their outlets.

Yeah, I really want to go to Indonesia again Smiley Last time I only brought one batik shirt with me.

I know that each batik shirt is unique, but it was more about the general style why I wanted to see the collections.

Aditya (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 12:47:45 PM

Yeah, I really want to go to Indonesia again Smiley Last time I only brought one batik shirt with me.

I know that each batik shirt is unique, but it was more about the general style why I wanted to see the collections.

You may want to visit Danar Hadi Men's Collections

maardein

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:51:46 PM

You may want to visit Danar Hadi Men's Collections

I already found that one Wink

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 09:53:36 PM

Hm, a friend had traveled to Indonesia and brought those back http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/5494_Batiks/

So I guess she got ripped off if she paid more than a few USD per?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Aditya (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 09:01:30 AM

Hm, a friend had traveled to Indonesia and brought those back http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/5494_Batiks/

Something like that cost no more than US$ 3 in local market, there are many fakes and I can't guarantee whether it is made using traditional dyeing method (real Batik) or using modern printing (fake Batik). It is usually made from coarse fabric and used as women skirt in Kebaya dress.

maardein

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:52:18 AM

It really depends on the quality of the fabric, and whether it is real batik or not.

An easy way that works most of the time to spot fake batik, is that real batik is always dyed on both sides of the fabric. The color is all the way through. Unlike printed fabric, which is printed on the outside, and usually white or grey on the inside.

fikriwic

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:47:57 AM

up.. up.

buy batik with bitcoin.. interesting
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:24:19 PM

Something like that cost no more than US$ 3 in local market, there are many fakes and I can't guarantee whether it is made using traditional dyeing method (real Batik) or using modern printing (fake Batik). It is usually made from coarse fabric and used as women skirt in Kebaya dress.

+1

The dying process is different and the fabric is normally very soft (high quality). You can easily tell a quality Batik from a bad one the say way you can tell a well made suit from a cheap one.

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 11:41:34 PM

I think mine are real then, they're just made by Rosa.

Aditya (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:19:50 AM

I think mine are real then, they're just made by Rosa.

There are hundreds of Batik Brand in Indonesia. Different brand have different price.

Aditya (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 02:35:53 AM

Up... Up... Up...

Aditya (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 09:36:35 AM

Dare to post some more photos? Something is telling me that gathering went full chaos at some point.  Cheesy

Sorry I don't have
But, Yes you are right, we went full chaos. Dancing on the table and drunk   Cheesy

Aditya (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 12:57:28 PM

Bump... Bump...

Aditya (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:20:30 AM

My friend, Oscar Darmawan, founder of Bitcoin Indonesia Exchange. Wearing Batik at World Bitcoin Conference Malaysia March 24th - 25th 2014. Next to him is Andras Kristof from Tembussu Bitcoin ATM.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: