Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LOGIC] Logicoin | Decentralized Anonymous Smart Contracts | Blockchain Tech  (Read 117155 times)
Entusiasta

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:56:48 AM

So what's in store for this coin?
Any new developements?
You considering implementing DarkSend as soon as it is open source?

It should be done as son as possible, imo. Also, the blockchain should be opaque.
Logicoin.info (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:11:00 PM

Okay! Sorry for not being as active as I would have liked over the past 2 days...Good news is that I'm now an uncle!!!

So to answer a few questions that have popped up

Whats on the cards for LGC?

We have fully implemented DGW3 and fixed a bug in the 32bit version's of the wallet. This update is ready to roll out right now but we will be waiting until we have a winner of the logo contest so that I can update graphics and icons. It WILL cause a hardfork but the cutoff block is currently set to block 80,000 which gives us all plenty of time to upgrade our wallets. This will put us in a good position as far as X11 coins and progress goes.

Darksend is certainly on the cards but I don't want to steal any of Evan's shine so this probably won't be implemented immediately and truth be told that even if we started working on this ASAP it would still take a few weeks at the very minimum before its ready to go live. That's the facts and I don't want to mislead any of you. Once we have the new wallet released and Evan Open Sources the code we will begin working on implementing darksend.

I've also had an idea that I've been kicking around with for the past few weeks...Problem is that none of us on the team have the technical knowledge to see the project through. I've spoken to some trusted friends and it's certainly possible but would be a fairly large undertaking and would require more $$ than the wife is willing to let me part with. I'd love to tell you guys all the details but I fear that someone would create a coin for the same purpose and then IPO it. What I will say is that its related to gaming and the world of Esports and would give LGC legitimate value. We are looking for someone proficient with PHP/MYSQL and the bitcoin API so if you feel that you may have the skills required please PM me! It would function similar to an exchange and if you are willing to join the Logicoin team then you would get a % of all fee's associated with the project as it will be ongoing.

I've contacted a few other exchanges and they are willing to list us but I'd like to see volume on Poloniex increase before we spread ourselves too thin and open LGC up to manipulation.

If you agree or disagree with any of this please voice your opinion!
Hulailuan

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:12:40 PM

Mac wallet  is down!

thanks for the info. the link is fixed.
Thank you.
I also encountered this issue.
I appreciate your fix. Cheesy
Entusiasta

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:28:01 PM

Darksend is certainly on the cards but I don't want to steal any of Evan's shine so this probably won't be implemented immediately and truth be told that even if we started working on this ASAP it would still take a few weeks at the very minimum before its ready to go live. That's the facts and I don't want to mislead any of you. Once we have the new wallet released and Evan Open Sources the code we will begin working on implementing darksend.
Good to know it, darksend will anonymize transactions.

But what about the block chain? I suppose logicoin blockchain is a public ledger (so the activities of logicoin users are traceable through public key), isn't it?
decanus21

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:34:42 PM

firstly, congrats on entering uncle-hood! it's great, like having your own child only you can give them back to the owner at the end of the day  Wink

I think anything which makes Logi unique and useful is a definite step in right direction, I hope the official pool is giving you the much needed extra funding as i'll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

on a side note, just look at darkcoin taking off, hopefully we can follow in it's footsteps whilst remaining unique, it won't be too long until the Logi block reward is the same (and then less) than darkcoin's
sumgye

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:43:31 PM

Did the coin fork?

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/lgc/#

Looks like many of the other pools are offline and there's only an UNKNOWN that's doing like 85% of the extraction.

Don't think there's a fork. But x11 multipools have hit us hard:(
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:50:46 PM

Did the coin fork?

Looks like many of the other pools are offline and there's only an UNKNOWN that's doing like 85% of the extraction.

Pretty sure its a large pool hoping from coin to coin. You'll notice the diff climbs extremely high and then they (the large pool I'm guessing) stops mining LGC and we don't get a block for 10 or so minutes at which point we find many in quick succession. It's probably an unknown chinese pool.

If it were a fork our wallets wouldn't sync up with the blockchain so as long as your wallet shows the same block as the explorer I think we are safe from a fork.
Logicoin.info (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:11:30 PM

Did the coin fork?

Pretty sure its a large pool hoping from coin to coin. You'll notice the diff climbs extremely high and then they (the large pool I'm guessing) stops mining LGC and we don't get a block for 10 or so minutes at which point we find many in quick succession. It's probably an unknown chinese pool.

If it were a fork our wallets wouldn't sync up with the blockchain so as long as your wallet shows the same block as the explorer I think we are safe from a fork.

Yes I believe this to be the case. I'm doing some digging but It looks like a very large mining farm or a multipool. Sad

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:27:34 PM

LGC is currently being easymined or hacked by some kind of share/difficulty exploit.

Earlier, while solo mining, I watched the difficulty plummet from 70-80 down to 4. Whats really freaky is how the difficulty continued to decrease, despite the fact that the instamine was well under way. This screenie was taken just before it dipped to 4.

6 blocks minted in only 14 seconds ! Shocked

Logicoin.info (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:36:32 PM

LGC is currently being easymined or hacked by some kind of share/difficulty exploit.

Earlier, while solo mining, I watched the difficulty plummet from 70-80 down to 4. Whats really freaky is how the difficulty continued to decrease, despite the fact that the instamine was well under way. This screenie was taken just before it dipped to 4.

The share exploit doesn't affect the entire network. I'm almost certain its a large pool or farm.  The reason that we got 6 blocks in 14 seconds is because before those 6 blocks we hadn't found one in a quite a few minutes so DGW kicks in and averages it out so that it hits the 1 block per 60 seconds.

diff should be around 5 for our true network hash > Large pool or farm jumps on network and finds blocks in quick succession > Diff hits 70-80 > Pool or farm stops mining > Because diff is so high and hashrate is now low it takes a while to find a block > Once block is found DGW kicks in and diff drops sharply > We find more blocks in quick succession so that the network averages out to its 60 second block time.

I can probably deal with a multipool with the upcomming fork if thats what it actually is.
smoothdoger

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:03:19 AM

Did the coin fork?

Yes I believe this to be the case. I'm doing some digging but It looks like a very large mining farm or a multipool. Sad

it is a chineese asic company testing x11 asic, take a look at the darkcoin forum to get a better idea, basically the new asic chips are very poor quality and not cheap, they are hitting the x11 coins in ever growing hashrates as they try and work out the kinks.
Blackcoin pool is on and off the network still aswell.

darkcoin went from 30-70ghs in 24hours as its price has increased alot and is now very hard to mine

hold your logi, they cannot keep mining it at this price.....it has to rise, even darkcoin at over $5 a coin is not profitable to mine right now and x11 is very much the in thing right now
sumgye

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:22:45 AM

That's exactly what's supposed to happen when a large proportion of mining hash suddenly disappears from the network, because when that happens, the hash that's left takes much much longer to solve the current block. After that "hard block" gets solved, difficulty drops so that the network can catch up to where it is supposed to be in the blockchain.

Every coin does this. It's just more evident on the logicoin network because our core hash is so small. Add up all the hash on our mining pools. Its a pittance compared to other coins.

So if you're going to spread fud about a hack or easymining, how about some proof that it isn't just this phenomenon that all coins deal with. Otherwise, don't label it like that, just post your pictures, summarize what you saw and ask for an explanation. If you don't agree with the answers you get, let us know. Show us something we haven't considered. Anything. Help us!

If it is just a huge coin switching pool then that IS a problem, and by the sounds of things, its being worked on. But its not a hack.
Joe1973

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:34:02 AM

Did the coin fork?

Trade my bit has been hitting LGC - usually hashing around 10-12 GH/s so I imagine it's unlikely it's the only one hopping to it at times.
Logicoin.info (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:42:09 AM

Keep it civil guys we are all friends Cheesy

It could indeed by the chinese testing out ASIC's which will be a mixed bag if true. It could on one hand do wonders for the price of LGC (If people keep faith) but it would also eventually take the coin out of the everyday miners which is the exact opposite of what we wanted for Logicoin. It's worth noting that we will do everything in our power to stop that from happening.

On the plus side DGW is handling the huge increase and decrease in hashrate exceptionally well.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 02:34:23 AM

That's exactly what's supposed to happen when a large proportion of mining hash suddenly disappears from the network, because when that happens, the hash that's left takes much much longer to solve the current block. After that "hard block" gets solved, difficulty drops so that the network can catch up to where it is supposed to be in the blockchain.

Every coin does this. It's just more evident on the logicoin network because our core hash is so small. Add up all the hash on our mining pools. Its a pittance compared to other coins.

So if you're going to spread fud about a hack or easymining, how about some proof that it isn't just this phenomenon that all coins deal with. Otherwise, don't label it like that, just post your pictures, summarize what you saw and ask for an explanation. If you don't agree with the answers you get, let us know. Show us something we haven't considered. Anything. Help us!

If it is just a huge coin switching pool then that IS a problem, and by the sounds of things, its being worked on. But its not a hack.

GTFO with your knee jerk FUD accusation. Instamining and share/hashpower exploits are very common. Wake up !

Fyi, I have been solo mining random alts non stop for almost a year. (I rarely mine with a pool.) This includes LGC on and off for the past month. I can assure you, this is NOT normal behaviour for ANY coin and should be regarded as highly suspicious.

Logicoin.Adnim

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:23:42 AM

Only 4 more days left until the winner is decided get those votes in people!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=605896.0
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 03:58:42 AM

GTFO with your knee jerk FUD accusation. Instamining and share/hashpower exploits are very common. Wake up !

Fyi, I have been solo mining random alts non stop for almost a year. (I rarely mine with a pool.) This includes LGC on and off for the past month. I can assure you, this is NOT normal behaviour for ANY coin and should be regarded as highly suspicious.

it's like driving behind that car with all the bumper stickers on it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31553;sa=showPosts

Really ? Is that the best you can do ?

As you can see by my posts.. we are surrounded by instamined ponzi scheme multipool'd shitcoins. :/

You might also notice that the reactions I'm getting here aren't much different than the ones I saw from the other shitdevs and their socks. Tongue

The first 50 barely took 5 minutes.

Block 1 - 2014-04-12 20:00:25
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/lgc/block.dws?000007dee53b4b1a31fc4ee14e22c6f9e1a992d5b2c37ca309c2615f29f275f9.htm

Block 50 - 2014-04-12 20:05:46
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/lgc/block.dws?0000000065e589fcab040ff736e2808c4a696ee193c21c7fd6af6b38c258a21b.htm

How many more instamine sessions will we find ?

Why are the block explorer's timestamps off by one hour ? Is it using UTC ?

fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:09:25 AM

Trade my bit has been hitting LGC - usually hashing around 10-12 GH/s so I imagine it's unlikely it's the only one hopping to it at times.

Yes, they're big. Now tagged in the explorer.

It should be UTC, but there may be places where it's GMT+2 (ie. server time, in which case it's a bug, let me know).

I'm planning to add some user settings at some point, and then you'll be able to choose between UTC & your local time.

The exact time stamps are those of the blockchain however, so they can be off by several minutes depending on who extracted the block.

sumgye

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:36:44 AM

Keep it civil guys we are all friends Cheesy

It could indeed by the chinese testing out ASIC's which will be a mixed bag if true. It could on one hand do wonders for the price of LGC (If people keep faith) but it would also eventually take the coin out of the everyday miners which is the exact opposite of what we wanted for Logicoin. It's worth noting that we will do everything in our power to stop that from happening.

On the plus side DGW is handling the huge increase and decrease in hashrate exceptionally well.

Yes sir. Sorry I got a little steamed. I've just been following from birth, and this is one of the very few new altcoins that I have no doubts is above board, never-mind the fact that it has a dev team that is not only dedicated to it, but also the greater altcoin community. Impressive work all around, and I never said - but congratulations on being an uncle!
Logicoin.info (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:24:41 AM

it's like driving behind that car with all the bumper stickers on it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31553;sa=showPosts

Really ? Is that the best you can do ?

As you can see by my posts.. we are surrounded by instamined ponzi scheme multipool'd shitcoins. :/

You might also notice that the reactions I'm getting here aren't much different than the ones I saw from the other shitdevs and their socks. Tongue

The first 50 barely took 5 minutes.

Block 1 - 2014-04-12 20:00:25
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/lgc/block.dws?000007dee53b4b1a31fc4ee14e22c6f9e1a992d5b2c37ca309c2615f29f275f9.htm

Block 50 - 2014-04-12 20:05:46
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/lgc/block.dws?0000000065e589fcab040ff736e2808c4a696ee193c21c7fd6af6b38c258a21b.htm

How many more instamine sessions will we find ?

Don't really appreciate those accusations. DGW kicked in at block 60 and if you have been around as long as you say you have then you know exactly what happens to a launch if DGW isn't switched on instantly. Blocks get minted very quickly. Go though the pages after the launch and you will see that a few people have a problem with DGW kicking in so early as it properly adjusts the difficulty and makes it hard for solominers to make much profit in the first few moments of the launch.

Everything has been explained and if you did some research then you would find that it is indeed above board. There's nothing at all I can do about multipools unless I change the code in such a way that it would require custom stratum code to be implemented. This would cause a hard fork and would be alot of hassle for everyone involved, it's not something I can just up and change without prior notice or warning.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: