Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:10:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LOGIC] Logicoin | Decentralized Anonymous Smart Contracts | Blockchain Tech  (Read 117149 times)
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:02:32 PM

What's the setup for the official P2P pool where the Logicoin developers get the fee?

http://lgc.x11pools.com:8652

user address and pw:? is that correct?

p2pool so its probably your wallet address as username and whatever you want as pass.
esotericizm

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:04:39 PM

The software team that runs distrocoin makes online wallets and android wallets and it looks like they can have everything up in 1 day https://raxe.io/index.html#!products
I am not affiliated with them though i do hold some disrtocoin, i have no idea how legit they are but it might be worth a look at the least.

Dev's are doing an alright job as is imo and $99 a month for an android wallet (doesn't look like you get source code either) is pretty damn excessive.
smoothdoger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

The software team that runs distrocoin makes online wallets and android wallets and it looks like they can have everything up in 1 day https://raxe.io/index.html#!products
I am not affiliated with them though i do hold some disrtocoin, i have no idea how legit they are but it might be worth a look at the least.

Dev's are doing an alright job as is imo and $99 a month for an android wallet (doesn't look like you get source code either) is pretty damn excessive.

we have less than 1g/h on the entire network and the price has dropped alot, no buy support at all....no one wants logicoin but its nice you think everything is going great
this coin becomes less and less viable everyday because development has almost completely stopped despite rather large bounty offers for any type of logi related material

with all due respect its $100 frickin dollars and we have this stuff online in 24hours, pure tangible progress

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:44:27 PM

Is P2Pool fake share proof?
CoinBounties

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:00:47 PM

LogiCoin is now on:
esotericizm

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:28:06 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 06:45:16 PM by esotericizm

we have less than 1g/h on the entire network and the price has dropped alot, no buy support at all....no one wants logicoin but its nice you think everything is going great
this coin becomes less and less viable everyday because development has almost completely stopped despite rather large bounty offers for any type of logi related material

with all due respect its $100 frickin dollars and we have this stuff online in 24hours, pure tangible progress

How has development stopped? DGW3 implemented a week ago (First X11 coin to implement it). Paper wallets, OSX wallet and Reddit tipbot all arrived within days of each other and it also looks like dev's are trying to get it listed on bittrex. As far as I can tell the team must be working pretty fricken hard as alot of these services are usually offered by 3rd parties.

$100 a MONTH for an android app is certainly more than I would expect the dev's to pay. Maybe $100 for the android wallet and source code could be justified but to have that as a monthly fee is plain ridiculous.

It's also worth noting that legitimate coins like this have a hard time gathering a following like shibe/ac/wc/sync. All of which have failed pretty hard and left alot of people out of pocket. Granted the buy support is fairly low but I'm not sure what "development" could be done that would fix that issue. Paying that sort of money on a monthly subscription service for a dr0id wallet won't make the price rise as you seem to think? With the price of BTC on the rise its no surprise lots of people are cashing out of alts.
smoothdoger

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:21:05 PM

How has development stopped? DGW3 implemented a week ago (First X11 coin to implement it). Paper wallets, OSX wallet and Reddit tipbot all arrived within days of each other and it also looks like dev's are trying to get it listed on bittrex. As far as I can tell the team must be working pretty fricken hard as alot of these services are usually offered by 3rd parties.

$100 a MONTH for an android app is certainly more than I would expect the dev's to pay. Maybe $100 for the android wallet and source code could be justified but to have that as a monthly fee is plain ridiculous.

It's also worth noting that legitimate coins like this have a hard time gathering a following like shibe/ac/wc/sync. All of which have failed pretty hard and left alot of people out of pocket. Granted the buy support is fairly low but I'm not sure what "development" could be done that would fix that issue. Paying that sort of money on a monthly subscription service for a dr0id wallet won't make the price rise as you seem to think? With the price of BTC on the rise its no surprise lots of people are cashing out of alts.

i cannot disagree with you about the price of the wallet, it is out right crazy price but it is the exact type of things we need to have done sooner than later.
as it stands right now, this coin will not survive another halving......you cannot secure a network with no hashes this is a fact

when a coin like Distro comes out with these things at launch and were here basically begging for anyone to come along and claim a worthless bounty of coins months after launch it is clear we are not moving in the correct direction.

The dev cannot code or we would have these things done already, all he has done is taken other people code and copy/pasted it into his. that is not inovation, that is not progress when you just copy/paste open source material and cannot think for yourself.

spend $75bucks get a buisness licence, charge a flat 1% pool fee for development, take that small amount and start buying gold to back the coin, add anono features and bam you have a coin backed by ever increasing amounts of gold(though small), you have created not a currency but a totally anono wealth hiding crypto that would actually make offshore banking obsolete. that would fucking sell

now i wait for my idea to be borrowed and released in a coin within 7days

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:25:47 PM

Someone has 123,456.789 LGC. Ha! (can I beat that?)

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/lgc/address.dws?46057.htm
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:55:32 PM

Someone has 123,456.789 LGC. Ha! (can I beat that?)

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/lgc/address.dws?46057.htm

i thought that was you.

Let's go "whale" hunting together!
Eastwind

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:06:22 AM

Is still still profitable to mine LGC?  Huh At current difficulty, the cost of electricity is 3 times the mining revenue.
Logicoin.Adnim

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:01:58 AM

I couldn't have said it better my self...
heydude

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:11:01 AM

u guys vote on mintpal ?

Btc : 19z2ZcvsVJZ83NsUeLv2iYXw4T1J41KJ4Q
Eastwind

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:11:58 AM

p2pool has been crushing it all day.

Global pool rate:   1.90 GH/s (DOA 282.76 MH/s / 14.89%)

One guy in P2Pool has 2Gh/s hash power. His address: LTzv5sDhW9rzngfVzWVN99YPaoTDzHT8K3
mobing

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:08:18 PM

Hope you could success. See you then!

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy.TxYDJZDCkQKEP8dTtbZouA4b7G6Zuwi1zN
odin99

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:00:19 AM

there's already a bunch of other X11 coins out... and in 5mo, there will literally be hundreds more.  We don't want logi to get left behind. it needs innovation and innovation fast. if logi hops a long with no real plan for 5mo, miners will dump it like crazy to nothing. and may never re-gain interest again.   to protect against miner dump, a multipool would be a great start.  following in the foot steps of Darkcoin w/darksend would also help - but the coin would need to improve it somehow. rather than be a cookie cutter.

innovate and make a plan now or be replaced. that's what happens in the alt coin world.

i feared this would happen to LGC... miners have dumped down to nothing. still no POS plan.  the next thing is X13. we're getting left behind.
Logicoin.info (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:24:20 AM

Many of the supporters I talked to on IRC said the coin is confusing although it looks cool. I think branding wise, I've spoke to some professionals from a New York City design agency stating that the coin need to have a clear look.

Here are some which were given to me.

What's your thoughts?

i have to agree with godwits on this one.

i know we recently had a logo contest to address this but, alot of the entries were iffy at best and i don't think we had very good voting turn out. not to mention that most of us who submitted logos just voted for our own logo. me included.

sorry devs, while i do appreciate all of your hardwork work, it's time to address the elephant in the room.

nothing but love here for you guys.

first, the whole chunky 3d beveled thing went out of style at least 5-10 years ago.

i was going to nitpick the coin design but the bottom line is this. if you are going to have a 3d logo, you have to use real 3d software to create it. something that does photo realistic rendering. you can't use photoshop or fireworks. that's why you have all the rippling on the bevels and everything has a cartoon look to it. it makes our coin look cheesy and cheap. this look was acceptable a years ago but, not today.

this problem is exacerbated with the little badges your created.

if we can't create a proper 3d logo, our only option is to go flat and simple. this is a good thing. godwits is correct with regards to branding, our logo needs to be clean, simple and recognizable.

instead of trying to vote again, how about the devs and a few of the big bagholders get together on irc or wherever and just hash it out.

I completly agree with all points raised here. Frankly we were hoping to have a shiny new logo via the logo contest but thats not how it turned out.

Let me give my own personal opinion on a few topics discussed here.

Innovation - This comes in many forms and does not have to be directly tied in with coin specifications. We will obviously continue to update LGC so that it doesn't get left behind and if you look around you will find very few coins have made the leap from DGW2 to DGW3 as of yet which in the end may be a major disadvantage to them. I personally feel that the most innovative thing we could do for LGC is to tie it to a service not yet seen in the crypto world. Something that would give the coin inherent value regardless of coin specifications and we will be working towards that end.

Andriod Wallet - This is already in the works and we have begun porting over the DGW3 code to java so that we can get a logicoin specific branch of bitcoinj. Once we can get it to download the blockchain it will be full steam ahead on an Android wallet.

Logo/Website - Anyone that has PM'd me knows that we have been looking at a complete redesign and godwits has been hard at work to that end.

PoS - This is still on the cards but realistically has alot of problems that need to be worked out. I've been following alot of PoS coin threads and each seem to have had a problem of one sort or another. Logicoin has not experienced a single unintentional fork and as alot of you would know its very hard to keep up enthusiasm once your network has experienced something like that.

Community Delegation - I have obviously been very busy the last few days and posting was left upto someone who did a subpar job. godwits has asked to step up and we are more than happy to recieve him as part of the team, he has shown nothing but dedication and we look forward to seeing what he can bring to the table. I like to the logo's he has created for us and I will speak to the remaining members of the team shortly to decide on which design we should move forward with.

decanus21

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:39:38 AM

Are any of the X13 coins anonymous? perhaps Logi could be the first anonymous X13 coin? anonymity certainly seems to be the thing investors / traders are really going for these days.

As I've said in the past, PoS does not really interest me, as I believe a coin is only as good as the work the goes into generating it, and as PoS requires very little work (i.e buying some coins then just letting them grow in your wallet) I cant help but get the feeling that it devalues the coin to some extent, which is probably why pure PoS coins (even ex-Pow ones) are relying heavily on multi-pools to increase and maintain buying support.

kudos to Godwits for his dedication and passion for Logi, he's certainly the ideal candidate to help keep Logi moving forward, the logo put forward looks great, clean, simple and very easy to identify once it is out there, why not seize this momentum and, if a hard fork is required, release everything at the same time and hopefully bring Logi into a new era. If the new logo is not going to be a coin based one (which is a good idea) perhaps even a new 'Logi' based name would also be appropriate? think outside the box and break the mould I say!

ninja edit: as far as logo colour is concerned, the Green, Blue and purple ones are my favourites
Logicoin.info (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:26:17 PM

Front page has been updated with new graphics! Check it out.
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:35:39 PM

A new faucet has been added. Get some free Logicoins here:
 http://www.cryptoarrow.com/faucets/logicoin/index.php

Please also donate to the CryptoArrow faucet on the bottom of the page since there isn't any premine!
http://www.cryptoarrow.com/faucets/logicoin/index.php
jox

Activity: 681

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:32:07 AM

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: