Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:45:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying btc online with creit or debit cards  (Read 2860 times)
BTCool (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:38:23 PM

I want to make a site where people can buy btc online with credit or debit cards. No trading. What are the pros, the cons the risks? Is it even possible?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:57:41 PM

I want to make a site where people can buy btc online with credit or debit cards. No trading. What are the pros, the cons the risks? Is it even possible?

In my opinion, providing service to selling bitcoin via credit card is quite very challenging. It will invite many hackers use fraud credit card to buy your bitcoin. The real owner of credit card will do charge back and it will make you end up losing your bitcoin.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 06:21:13 PM

It is possible for sure. You can build that.
But finding a customer who will trust this kind of service will be ultra hard.
firejuan

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 12:53:18 AM

Coin.mx currently allows CC purchases for BTC.  You have to shoulder the 3.5% fee.  It does allow trading so it is similar a traditional exchange.

Edit: I also believe it is only for US customers.

sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:11:49 AM

Coin.mx currently allows CC purchases for BTC.  You have to shoulder the 3.5% fee.  It does allow trading so it is similar a traditional exchange.

Have you or has anyone tested this here? Would some feedback before I give it a shot
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #A9DUlowf9cMxhUoI
mintodev

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:16:21 AM

Why not? You can able to buy, but very high costs. Using credit card you can buy with paypal at localbitcoins.
gmx95

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:28:58 PM

Actually I think it could be easier and better to buy through trading. You get market rates and plenty of payment options including credit and debit cards.

Bitcoin and Litecoin trading platform. Up to 100% deposit bonus. Fund with credit card. http://novafxtrading.com/bitcoin-trading
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:59:55 AM

Cons - The high transaction charges.
This model will collapse if the volatility of bitcoin decreases.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:11:14 PM

This is why They ask for paper work to make sure your the right person, there are many scammer who get hacked cards and if you dont do the proper verification your going to get scammed alot, trust me

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
blumangroup

Activity: 350

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:54:12 PM

The pros are that you will be able to charge a huge markup on the market price of BTC

The Cons are that you will only be able to sell small amounts

You are going to risk getting scammed from buyers

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:45:18 AM

Being that the customer will always have the option of charging back after they get the coin, I dont think its a great idea. I mean I would love to be able to buy coin with a cc like a paypal debit would be great. But the risk you would take as a seller I dont think your profits would outweigh the risks IMO

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:28:58 PM

becarefull if you purchase or put your information data in unfamiliar website . they just people . they can get money in your bank . and take all to buy another digital money . and cash out with real money . if you still want to this better in btc-e or bitstamp . they are good and have a lot  high reputation rating
good luck.
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:09:48 PM

Coinbase should be good enough. They accept visa card deposits from US customers. I believe you have to be an account holder for a certain amount of time though before you have the ability to buy with a card. Buying with a bank transfer is much easier, you should have your btc in about 3 business days. US only though  Wink
forsakenpnut

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:11:46 PM

Of course they could easily chargeback.

joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:51:39 AM

Coinbase should be good enough. They accept visa card deposits from US customers. I believe you have to be an account holder for a certain amount of time though before you have the ability to buy with a card. Buying with a bank transfer is much easier, you should have your btc in about 3 business days. US only though  Wink
As far as I know the CC is only a backup funding source to enable instant buy. The purchase will withdraw from the bank account and only use the credit card if the transaction is denied for some reason by the bank.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
SHA255

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:10:15 PM

As far as I know the CC is only a backup funding source to enable instant buy. The purchase will withdraw from the bank account and only use the credit card if the transaction is denied for some reason by the bank.
This is correct. There are very few sites that will allow you to actually your credit card to buy bitcoin and the ones that do charge a huge markup due to the massive fraud risk.
yitingyou

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:17:20 AM

Coin.mx currently allows CC purchases for BTC.  You have to shoulder the 3.5% fee.  It does allow trading so it is similar a traditional exchange.

Edit: I also believe it is only for US customers.
agree.
CryptoHeaven

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:32:28 AM

Higher fees and chargebacks are two main concerns that you may need to workout.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:41:34 PM

High fee's and the possibility that you may attract hackers or even credit and debit card fraud are all things I can think of that you would have to find a solution for. Even with banking like we have now you get all these kind of problems and with bitcoin still being at it's early stages it may be a lot easier for them to find a way around.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:16:34 PM

Bank transfer is safer. I get mine within 2 working days, usually the same day. If I could be bothered going to a branch of the trader's bank, I would get the same day.

Have a look at what the competition is in your region, and see if you can beat it.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: